Bed cover Help for my new Gladiator

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
Would you be willing to measure how much room this cover takes up when fully opened? Gator says they don’t have this info.
Do you want to know how much bed is available when folded up?
Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
Yes if it's not too much trouble. I want a tri fold and would also like to use a suction mount for my bike. Trying to make sure it won't contact before I buy.
Probably won't work. Opened up, you only have about 3 ft of open bed space.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover Help for my new Gladiator 20210815_130755

Jfondren3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Audi Q3
Backflip X4s has been great for me so far. I had a Backflip hard trifold on my last truck and it was pretty awesome as well.

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
What Mopar cover are you looking at? I have the roll-up and it doesn't leak or freeze.
the rubber can freeze to the tailgate when closed so in snowy freezing conditions I need to close tail gate first and then lower the cover. This is common on all our ski trips when the sun melts the snow, stuff gets wet and overnight freeze. Was an issue with the bakflip on my raptor and is an issue with the Mopar cover so wouldn’t recommend if you get 8 months of snowing

Sc7902

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
I have the Rugged Ridge hard folding with line-x. We had a nasty storm the other day, pretty heavy rain. I was expecting to see water in the bed, but there was not a drop.
I have the same set up rugged ridge hard tri fold..line-x. Bone dry too

80thGladiator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
i am looking at the hard trifold. it's already in the sale if I take it, otherwise I will be credited back 500 and have to go buy one and install it myself.

does anyone here have the hard mopar trifold by chance?
I have the hard Mopar trifold and even a light rain allows water into the bed. And that’s despite the fact that there are rubber seals all the way down and hoses connected to the bed rail channels that are supposed to keep water out. The dealer looked at it and said it was installed properly. I think the water leaks in where the folds are. I expected it to be waterproof when I bought it so I wasn’t checking. A week after it rained I opened it up to find that my golf bag and shoes were soaked and lots of mildew. Absolutely not worth it. The only redeeming quality is the security. With the tailgate locked someone would have to try really hard to get in there. Unless they were made of water in which case they’d get right in.

brock40

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have the undercover ultra flex as well. Watched a YouTube video to see how to install it. Both youtube and the instruction manual forget to tell you that you need to install the LED light during the middle of the setup and not after or you'll have to basically start over. Other than that the undercover ultra felx has no leaks and it was well worth it.

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Many of us have the Bak Revolver X4s. It is fairly water proof. I have only had a little water get in during a 3 hour drive in a rainstorm. Typically no water gets in. It looks great, lies very flat and it rolls out of the way nicely.
I was eyeing a tri-fold as I like the hard lie flat look.

I ended up with the X4s because I would have to remove it less (or never) to get access to most of the bed when I roll it up vs flipping up the tri-fold and taking it off. It is still a “hard” secure top. You can rest heavy items on it as the aluminum slats are quite thick. There are deals to be had on it. I got it from Autoanything at a discount, just message them. There was also a group buy that was cheaper and you will find that post on this forum.

Good luck making a choice and enjoy the new truck 👍🏼 👍🏼

I have the same cover on my gladiator. No leaks and it's been through several storms.

Sponsored

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Plus One for the Bak Revolver. I also had it on my RAM and I’ve never had a leak. It’s a little more pricey but well worth it.

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover Help for my new Gladiator 6ABDC345-F6EE-4ED0-87A3-50D45B519C83

Dakarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee (getting Gladiator soon)
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'll second on the Diamondback. If you want security and strength, the Diamondback is the ticket. A 500 lb gorilla could jump up an down on it and wouldn't hurt it, and it would take some work with a crowbar to try get into it. For me it also makes an excellent platform to mount my HAM antennas since it's all aluminum, and if you roll it off-road, it's not coming apart or going anywhere. :)
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover Help for my new Gladiator 6ABDC345-F6EE-4ED0-87A3-50D45B519C83
This is the one I'm considering as well.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
I'm glad to hear positive reviews on the rollup Mopar cover, since I just found out the trifold is no longer available for order and they had to give me the rollup. Seems silly that in order to get the dual-top option you need a tonneau but whatever. I feel a little better getting the rollup and then I can take my time building a Diamondback copy (because holy $$$$ Batman).

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Many of us have the Bak Revolver X4s. It is fairly water proof. I have only had a little water get in during a 3 hour drive in a rainstorm. Typically no water gets in. It looks great, lies very flat and it rolls out of the way nicely.
I was eyeing a tri-fold as I like the hard lie flat look.

I ended up with the X4s because I would have to remove it less (or never) to get access to most of the bed when I roll it up vs flipping up the tri-fold and taking it off. It is still a “hard” secure top. You can rest heavy items on it as the aluminum slats are quite thick. There are deals to be had on it. I got it from Autoanything at a discount, just message them. There was also a group buy that was cheaper and you will find that post on this forum.

Good luck making a choice and enjoy the new truck 👍🏼 👍🏼

Just ordered my X4S, did you have any trouble installing it? Mine is a 2021 Mojave and didn’t come with the threaded holes in the front of the bed. Also have a LineX and was wondering if you had to sand down any where it mounts to the front. Thanks 🙏

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
hey everyone... new here. just got a Mojave 2021 2 days ago.
i was supposed to bring it back to the dealer this Friday to get the Mopar cover installed as part of the deal. however, after doing some web searching I have found many who say it leaks and when you live in a place that freezes a lot of the winter that it could make your tailgate not even open due to that. also it seems to need tools to remove the panels easily to have the entire use of the bed for a dirt bike on occasion.

so I have been looking at saying screw it and spending more ( the dealer was doing the mopar for 500 installed) to get the undercover ultra flex with the carpeted back side, led light, and easy removal with just your hands.

i am having a hard time finding anything explaining where the light get power though. does anyone know?

sedond i am considering the rugged ridge or arough country for the ease of removal.

it snows 8 months of the year where I live so waterproofing is important.

so my question to you all is, do I shell out twice as much for the undercover that looks to be the nicest tri fold out there or say screw it and get the mopar for less money?

i figure I already spent this much, i might as well get the nicest and most functional one. i think the undercover is a form of fiberglass too so no dents in it over time.

i have 24 hours to decided. lol
any input would be appreciated.
thank you
I bought my 2020 Overland with the Mopar cover installed. No issues, no leaks, no freezing issues (Boston, Massachusetts). I had a drop in bed liner installed and the installer hooked me up. Changed the cover bolts to thumb knobs (no tool removal) and applied weatherstripping along the front edge that the rubber seal rests on.
Very happy with the cover and very durable. 26k miles and going strong.
Just drove 600 miles, 300+ in driving rain and no water. The only place I ever get water in is from the gap between the bottom of the tailgate and the bed. A pool noodle cut to bed width to fit snug takes care of that.
Pic 1 = thumb screw changed out for attaching cover
Pic 2 = front weatherstripping under cover seal
Pic 3 = rear ribbed seat included with cover that rests on tailgate
Pic 4 = cover closed on tailgate.

-hope this helps your decision

CB45F54A-2A25-4486-B13B-A8D7422E15DA.jpeg

77CECBA3-C7BB-4042-BF6C-FE11C4F81266.jpeg

FCC4EDDA-12D7-4042-B9DE-CA852A6294A3.jpeg

3320741F-4CDB-4838-89CF-5B7E270F4DE6.jpeg
Sponsored