First Name
Kurt Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Insurance Guy
I went with the KB voodoo rack, and a Tygar soft roll-up cover. You have to finagle the cover a bit to clear the last crossbar but it’s not really a big deal.
BBE28ADC-400D-455E-8A41-34CA8AA77767.jpeg
I just got these same voodoo bars and pretty much only need them for my RTT. Now I need the tonneau that fits but I want to be able to remove the brackets when not using it. Are you able to remove the brackets without messing up the tyger tonneau?
Sponsored

sl009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Do any of these racks work with the Mopar hard tri fold tonneau cover?

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I just got these same voodoo bars and pretty much only need them for my RTT. Now I need the tonneau that fits but I want to be able to remove the brackets when not using it. Are you able to remove the brackets without messing up the tyger tonneau?
you do have to loosen the tonneau rail to slide out the brackets As it sits on top of the brackets, but it’s not hard. I’ve adjusted the brackets a few times to get the right distance for adding mounts for a high-lift, and to mount traction boards.

Rocketship

First Name
Kurt Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Insurance Guy
you do have to loosen the tonneau rail to slide out the brackets As it sits on top of the brackets, but it’s not hard. I’ve adjusted the brackets a few times to get the right distance for adding mounts for a high-lift, and to mount traction boards.
This is my first truck so don't have any experience with tonneau covers. Would you think that I'd be able to loosen the rails on other tonneaus to do the same thing?

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
This is my first truck so don't have any experience with tonneau covers. Would you think that I'd be able to loosen the rails on other tonneaus to do the same thing?
I don’t know, this my first tonneau cover. lol it will depend on how they’re mounted, which I’m guessing will be based on type and brand. The Tygar/Max Mate covers are pretty simple set-ups.

Sponsored

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Does anybody know if the Truck Cover's USA with the Yakima bars would be able to support a roof top tent? I really like the retractable bed covers, but want to run a roof top tent. The Yakima website says the bars are rated for "Best-in-class, maximum on-road rating of 300 lbs, Maximum off-road rating of 180 lbs." But I'm not sure how much I trust that...

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Does anybody know if the Truck Cover's USA with the Yakima bars would be able to support a roof top tent? I really like the retractable bed covers, but want to run a roof top tent. The Yakima website says the bars are rated for "Best-in-class, maximum on-road rating of 300 lbs, Maximum off-road rating of 180 lbs." But I'm not sure how much I trust that...
look at rebel off road

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
So add me to the frustrated group that can't have their cake and eat it too.
Been reading up now that I'm ordering stuff for the new truck, with the following (impossible) requirements in mind:
  • Secure cover (not soft) that ideally can be locked and is reasonably weather proof
  • Ideally shouldn't take up space inside the bed (like the TruckCoversUSA , Jackrabbit, Roll-n-Lock models) since the bed is already not huge. If it does take up space, see next point.
  • Should be relatively easily removable from the bed should every inch be required (e.g. like Peragon, which has said they'll make something, but no timeline)
  • Can work with some kind of rack so that a RTT can be mounted and cover still used (takes out Diamondback HD which is nice but I can't open it with a RTT mounted)
Pretty much impossible to find something that can do it all, so I'm now between the UpperDecker(rather not drill into the bed, wish they could have figured this out another way) or the BAK X4 + custom or hobbled together rack pieces with a prayer that they can carry the RTT. Apologies if I've missed some combo that might work here, but getting a bit dizzy with all the various threads. Will keep researching and come back with anything original if I happen to land on it, though I doubt it with how thorough you folks have been so far.

Last edited:

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
So add me to the frustrated group that can't have their cake and eat it too.
Been reading up now that I'm ordering stuff for the new truck, with the following (impossible) requirements in mind:
  • Secure cover (not soft) that ideally can be locked and is reasonably weather proof
  • Ideally shouldn't take up space inside the bed (like the TruckCoversUSA , Jackrabbit, Roll-n-Lock models) since the bed is already not huge. If it does take up space, see next point.
  • Should be relatively easily removable from the bed should every inch be required (e.g. like Peragon, which has said they'll make something, but no timeline)
  • Can work with some kind of rack so that a RTT can be mounted and cover still used (takes out Diamondback HD which is nice but I can't open it with a RTT mounted)
Pretty much impossible to find something that can do it all, so I'm not between the UpperDecker(rather not drill into the bed, wish they could have figured this out another way) or the BAK X4 + custom or hobbled together rack pieces with a prayer that they can carry the RTT. Apologies if I've missed some combo that might work here, but getting a bit dizzy with all the various threads. Will keep researching and come back with anything original if I happen to land on it, though I doubt it with how thorough you folks have been so far.
I highly recommend the Upper Decker (drilling into bed is pretty easy for this one -and minimal) with Custom Camping Concept towers and bars. That is what I did and it gives me:

1) Secure in bed storage that is weatherproof
2) On top of Decker exposed storage (good for camping) - easy to lash onto the bed with the holes
3) Bars that can accomodate a Roof Top Tent easily, an awning, cargo basket, or bike/ski/kayak holders. Basically whatever I want.

I still need to prime and paint (and reinstall) my bars on the Upper Decker, but as my Front Runner RTT arrives on Thursday, I'll get on that soon.

I'll confess that I don't find the Upper Decker "easily" removable. But if I had to, I could do it - would likely just lift up the whole thing (Decker and attached bars) via a garage hoist, so it is out of the way and easily to take on and off by myself (or one person to help orient it).

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@LTCSlacker

Thanks for the input, the UpperDecker is definitely one of my top considerations.

I did also consider the roof hoist as a future solution for removing the whole thing more easily. I think my main hesitancy right now is that while the hinged solution is good, it still keeps me from getting taller items back there without removing the whole thing.

Is it noticeable while driving back there on its own at 120lbs?

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Max Modular 18 in. rack with the roll up Bak revolver x4 works. I confirmed with both company's. You need to get the tonneau brackets and no drill clips if you don't have the cargo management system. This is the system I'm going to use. Never have to remove the rack.
Did they say it would work with any of the other rack heights? I reached out to the KBVoodoo folks and they stated it should still roll up with both the 10" and 14", wondering if anyone's tried it or if they told you the same by chance.

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
@LTCSlacker

Thanks for the input, the UpperDecker is definitely one of my top considerations.

I did also consider the roof hoist as a future solution for removing the whole thing more easily. I think my main hesitancy right now is that while the hinged solution is good, it still keeps me from getting taller items back there without removing the whole thing.

Is it noticeable while driving back there on its own at 120lbs?
I don't notice any change in driving due to weight. Ask me again when I have my rooftop tent on, but as that (and the bars) are only another 120 lbs or so, I think we'll be OK.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
While searching for any video reviews of racks I ran into this one - and the claim in the video is it works with tonneau covers:

Here is their website for the rack: https://rebeloffroad.com/ROE-JT-XBR-FH/
I have the Rebel Off Road rack on my Gladiator and it's outstanding. I like it a lot. Unfortunately, it does not work with the factory bed cover. According to Rebel Off Road, their bed rack does work with the LITERIDER tonneau cover.
Sponsored