Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Utility Engineer
Thanks to @MynticeLX
Based on his post many months ago, I went ahead with a similar setup.

I removed my Mopar tri-fold hard cover, and then installed the Truxedo Elevate TS rail system and the Literider tonneau bed cover.
Huge backups for Yakima products due to the pandemic, I had ordered back in May and only now did my Overhaul HD system get delivered to me, I'm still waiting on the sidebars and some other mounting accessories.
I went with the Yakima Overhaul system to have height adjustment, also went with the 60" HD bars.
Just installed it this morning.

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 6CA873B7-AE5A-42C0-BE08-B5CE156E2B64

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 6CA873B7-AE5A-42C0-BE08-B5CE156E2B64
Thanks for posting, this looks like an outstanding setup. I'm considering the Elevate TS rails and Truxedo Pro X15 roll up bed cover. I like the Yakima Overhaul racks you have, but am also considering the Amazon knock offs for nearly $200 less. Did you look at those as well?

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
Thanks for posting, this looks like an outstanding setup. I'm considering the Elevate TS rails and Truxedo Pro X15 roll up bed cover. I like the Yakima Overhaul racks you have, but am also considering the Amazon knock offs for nearly $200 less. Did you look at those as well?
I have heard that the amazon ones hold water... they don't drain at the bases like the yakima.

I found a used Overhaul hd on the fb marketplace for the same price as the cheap one.

If you are in MA, I am too. I might be selling it and picking up the elevate rack. Just like everyone else in this thread, I am also looking for the best tonneau and rack combo. So far, the Bak revolver and Elevate rack seem to be the best integration. I am waiting to hear more about the Vanguard Off Road rolling tonneau with T Slots to see if it will work with the Overhaul

Beach Buggy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Utility Engineer
I have heard that the amazon ones hold water... they don't drain at the bases like the yakima.

I found a used Overhaul hd on the fb marketplace for the same price as the cheap one.

If you are in MA, I am too. I might be selling it and picking up the elevate rack. Just like everyone else in this thread, I am also looking for the best tonneau and rack combo. So far, the Bak revolver and Elevate rack seem to be the best integration. I am waiting to hear more about the Vanguard Off Road rolling tonneau with T Slots to see if it will work with the Overhaul
Thanks for the intel on the Amazon rack, good to know. I like the Elevate as well since it has a narrow profile and would likely be the cleanest install. I wonder about the rigidity of the uprights vs. the Yakima design. The heavy brace on the Yakima appears much sturdier vs. the relatively short base on the Elevate. I wish I could put my hands on the Elevate and see how it would hold up with a load of surf SUPs bouncing down the sand track and beach. I may be interested in the Yakima system if you decide to sell it.

Sponsored

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
Thanks for the intel on the Amazon rack, good to know. I like the Elevate as well since it has a narrow profile and would likely be the cleanest install. I wonder about the rigidity of the uprights vs. the Yakima design. The heavy brace on the Yakima appears much sturdier vs. the relatively short base on the Elevate. I wish I could put my hands on the Elevate and see how it would hold up with a load of surf SUPs bouncing down the sand track and beach. I may be interested in the Yakima system if you decide to sell it.
the yakima is STOUT! i feel the same way about the elevate. its rated with a higher weight capacity, but it doesn't look as strong.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

MER21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That’s a really great option! I have the same pioneer platform, I used the quick release rhino rack feet, but they wouldn’t clear the cover so if the rack was on I couldn’t roll it. I like this combo!
QUOTE="Calvinomics, post: 883330, member: 39850"]
Just installed. Bak x4s with front runner legs (tall) and a rhino rack pioneer platform. The legs are tall enough that the cover rolls all the way up. Not too sure about the weight capacity, but it’s sturdy enough for my needs. Ie: Bikes, cargo box, etc.
6D833279-F7FD-41CC-BCEA-0C3200DB1485.jpeg

DB92A2C7-755D-4BEF-814D-CF1FD1D61646.jpeg
[/QUOTE]
Have any pics of how you attached the legs to the Rhino Rack?

Thanks!

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Rhino rack, yeah theyre popular

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Gladiator Pro-Max -7

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Gladiator Pro-Max -7
How did you mount the legs to the Rhino Rack? Any pics? Looking to see what everyone has done. I have the rack and the legs, just need to mount. Before I make up a bracket, thought I'd learn from others.

Thanks!

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Since I used the rhino rtl600 feet, they just bolt to the horizontal cross beam with a tee-nut. Not sure how the frontrunner mount on. I’ve since switched to a bax revolver x4 with the xtrusion overland rack. I do still have the option to use my rhino rack vortex cross bars though with or without the rack.

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 87B41082-F7C4-4CDE-B141-45843E176111

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 327E8C13-55B2-48CF-A52C-62846B236B85

Dragonfly

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mojave, '22 GC Trailhawk 4xe
Occupation
Education
I see that the Bax Revolver x4 has been discontinued for the Jeep Gladiator...

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I believe they cancelled the x4 and are only offering the x4s, which is essentially the same, just has a few upgrades. I would have bought the x4s if I had the choice when I got mine.
I see that the Bax Revolver x4 has been discontinued for the Jeep Gladiator...
Sponsored