Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Don't see that option in my Tazer JL Mini but it would be awesome if it were possible!
It may be adjustable in the head unit settings. It is tied to the cab timeout for the interior lights and radio. If there is an option to change that, it will affect how long the bed lights stay on.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I have these placed next to the factory bed lights. I deer hunt alot and it only took once trying to load 2 deer up in the pitch black with the factory lights. I'll be looking for something more useful/permanent shortly (probably LED strips under the bedrails with a switch in the bed).

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Wireless-Operated-Efficient-Necessary/dp/B07MT4V7C2/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2PQRCVM64T4XD&dchild=1&keywords=battery+operated+led+lights&qid=1609191766&sprefix=battery+operated+led,aps,290&sr=8-8&th=1
I bought waterproof led light strips. With a on/off button at the tailgate. Picture with red circle is where I placed the on/off switch.

20201230_070443.jpg

20201230_070950.jpg

20201230_070412.jpg

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I bought waterproof led light strips. With a on/off button at the tailgate. Picture with red circle is where I placed the on/off switch.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Lights 20201230_070412

Perfect setup! I'm also trying to make a swivel mount for the rear of the bed to mount a worklight on.

airmax617

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Awesome! Where did you get the power from?

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
To the OP and others confused... There is no switch and there is not supposed to be a switch. The Ram 1500 has the same lights as us but with the switch and I'd bet jeep either decided against the switch or never intended to use it. Somewhere along the lines in the "repurposing" of components, software, manuals jeep missed removing a lot of mentions and call outs the fabled bed light switch.

What the OP is seeing is the same as some saw in first generation paper manuals that said the same.

@JeepCares looks like the OP found another mention of the bed light switch that needs to be removed from the software documentation within the Uconnect system.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen so far with my Gladiator. Is there one good reason why the bed lights don’t come on when the tailgate is opened?
While FCA is at it back there, how about a proximity keyless entry tailgate handle??? I'm sorry FCA but it irks me that I have to pull my damn key out and unlock the truck before pulling on the tailgate handle.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While FCA is at it back there, how about a proximity keyless entry tailgate handle??? I'm sorry FCA but it irks me that I have to pull my damn key out and unlock the truck before pulling on the tailgate handle.
If you have the Proximity locks, all you have to do is touch the passenger front door handle. It unlocks the door and tailgate locks. If you don't open any of the doors, it automatically locks them again within five minutes.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the Proximity locks, all you have to do is touch the passenger front door handle. It unlocks the door and tailgate locks. If you don't open any of the doors, it automatically locks them again within five minutes.
I’m aware how proximity locks work and have them, thanks lol.

Not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is why isn’t there one of those on the tailgate handle like other trucks. Why do I have to walk up to one of the front doors and then walk back to the tailgate?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m aware how proximity locks work and have them, thanks lol.

Not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is why isn’t there one of those on the tailgate handle like other trucks. Why do I have to walk up to one of the front doors and then walk back to the tailgate?
No, you were complaining about having to pull your key out, which you don't have to do.

I would guess that there is not a proximity handle on the tailgate due to the distance from the proximity sensor in the cab, and the additional complexity or wiring it would require to make it work back there.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Last edited:

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Tazer added the ability to keep the bed lights on for longer than 30 seconds.

https://www.zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

Jeep Gladiator Bed Lights Screenshot_20210219-153217
So I snagged a tazer and this feature is pretty awesome. It is the perfect solution to the problem without using an aux button, etc. The inclusion of the reverse lights is also pretty sweet. I will probably re-wire my VisionX rear bumper lights to the reverse circuit and remove them from an aux button as I could turn them on with the fob when needed.
Sponsored