Bed Power - Main Battery?

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
One of the few things I can't seem to find no matter how hard I try. My question is two-fold:

1. The bed power outlet is connected directly to the main battery, correct? This is fairly obvious but just want confirmation of this.

2. If #1 is true, like I assume, is it possible to rewire said wires to a secondary battery (Genesis dual battery kit).

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
One of the few things I can't seem to find no matter how hard I try. My question is two-fold:

1. The bed power outlet is connected directly to the main battery, correct? This is fairly obvious but just want confirmation of this.

2. If #1 is true, like I assume, is it possible to rewire said wires to a secondary battery (Genesis dual battery kit).

Thanks all!
A dual battery setup is the way to go. The outlet in the back cannot easily be converted to run on the auxiliary battery. Since it is only a 400 watt inverter, installing a larger inverter running off the auxiliary battery would be a better plan.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
A dual battery setup is the way to go. The outlet in the back cannot easily be converted to run on the auxiliary battery. Since it is only a 400 watt inverter, installing a larger inverter running off the auxiliary battery would be a better plan.
Already have the genesis kit installed so there's that.

Guess I'm really just looking for how to rewire the stock bed power to the secondary

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Where is the inverter? Can it be upgraded?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the inverter? Can it be upgraded?
It is located under the steering wheel, above the brake pedal. There is no upgrade path provided for the factory 400 watt inverter.
Sponsored