Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3 or 4?!?!?!? She’s 100% a keeper for life
QUESTION - will Spencer be available Saturday at 8 am or so?? (if so, we have to get some sleep!)
Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
With luck, we are thinking of driving up north early AM tomorrow. Still hashing out color options and still not decided between Grand Cherokee and Wrangler. But I have a "must have" list and a couple of "Wishes" in there - unless she changes her mind.
She HATES SHOPPING!!!!!!!!! (I bet she only has 3 or 4 pairs of shoes she hates shopping so much)
I'll suggest a white wrangler. White wasn't my preferred color when I got mine, but I realized that it would work with any color vinyl graphics I wanted to add later. You could add purple hood vinyl and/or vent vinyl and/or stripes.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What a day!!!!
We got up at 4am, hit the road in the JT headed to Spirit Lake at 4:17 am, got up there at about 8:05 am (part of the drive was driving rain)

No nonsense, no BS, had a list of must haves for Grand Cherokee and one for Wrangler. Priced out both with our configurations, and my wife decided Grand Cherokee again.
Two factors - unable to get Wrangler in the color she really wanted, the GC was 5 grand less (roughly, give or take) and she has problems with where a few things are and how they are arranged in the JT, thus would be the same with the Wrangler. For one thing, while driving she'd not be able to get to the window switches in the center like they are in the JT/Wrangler, among other things. I think she'd have lived with that had a Wrangler been available in the hydro blue. As we left she did say "if we could have ordered one in the hydro blue, I'd probably have gone Wrangler but I've had so many Grand Cherokees, it's just as well".
Will likely be end of November before anything comes in.
We REALLY REALLY wish we had taken her trade up there today. Going back we said we wished we had trailered it up there and left it (battery keeps dying, likely due to something in the ESS area since that stopped working at about the same time - likely a warranty repair but no one can get to it for two weeks)
I told her it would have been fun and a GREAT test for the JT to finally tow my trailer with a vehicle on it - because I'm not confident it will do well with the gearing OVerland has.
We may still do it if I get a trailer controller for the JT as she wants to keep miles off the new Grand Cherokee and was concerned about putting over 200 miles on it just getting it home! HAHA That's my wife!

Spencer knows his xxxt as far as Jeeps and options. Impressive. Can't say that for most dealers down here.

We got home and CRASHED. That's a lot of driving.

She drove the JT most of the way back - and part way into the trip back she said "man, this thing is all over the road, it sure wanders". Hmmmmm, when I took over I actually noticed it too. Took it out again tonight and it wasn't bad cold. But when it got hot she said again it seemed to wander.

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
Thanks for the business and the kind words. We’ll be talking soon and seeing you both hopefully very quickly

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
It'll be 1 year on September 30, since I picked up my JT from Motor Inn of Spirit Lake. Lots of fun over the last year, and my JT has changed a bit from when we got her. She'll turn 16,000 miles this week.

IMG_20190928_125959.jpg

IMG_20200922_202743_061.jpg

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It'll be 1 year on September 30, since I picked up my JT from Motor Inn of Spirit Lake. Lots of fun over the last year, and my JT has changed a bit from when we got her. She'll turn 16,000 miles this week.

Congrats on 1 year of greatness! Can't wait to see where else your JT takes you

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Just ordered another Gladiator from @spenchey ! If you've been thinking of getting one, dealing with the team at Motor Inn is a fantastic experience, whether it is sales or service!! You will be very happy with choosing them!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered another Gladiator from @spenchey ! If you've been thinking of getting one, dealing with the team at Motor Inn is a fantastic experience, whether it is sales or service!! You will be very happy with choosing them!
I wish I had bought my JT from them - but we sort of made up for it by buying my wife's Grand Cherokee there.......
If we ever trade again, we're making the drive!

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
What a day!!!!
We got up at 4am, hit the road in the JT headed to Spirit Lake at 4:17 am, got up there at about 8:05 am (part of the drive was driving rain)

No nonsense, no BS, had a list of must haves for Grand Cherokee and one for Wrangler. Priced out both with our configurations, and my wife decided Grand Cherokee again.
Two factors - unable to get Wrangler in the color she really wanted, the GC was 5 grand less (roughly, give or take) and she has problems with where a few things are and how they are arranged in the JT, thus would be the same with the Wrangler. For one thing, while driving she'd not be able to get to the window switches in the center like they are in the JT/Wrangler, among other things. I think she'd have lived with that had a Wrangler been available in the hydro blue. As we left she did say "if we could have ordered one in the hydro blue, I'd probably have gone Wrangler but I've had so many Grand Cherokees, it's just as well".
Will likely be end of November before anything comes in.
We REALLY REALLY wish we had taken her trade up there today. Going back we said we wished we had trailered it up there and left it (battery keeps dying, likely due to something in the ESS area since that stopped working at about the same time - likely a warranty repair but no one can get to it for two weeks)
I told her it would have been fun and a GREAT test for the JT to finally tow my trailer with a vehicle on it - because I'm not confident it will do well with the gearing OVerland has.
We may still do it if I get a trailer controller for the JT as she wants to keep miles off the new Grand Cherokee and was concerned about putting over 200 miles on it just getting it home! HAHA That's my wife!

Spencer knows his xxxt as far as Jeeps and options. Impressive. Can't say that for most dealers down here.

We got home and CRASHED. That's a lot of driving.

She drove the JT most of the way back - and part way into the trip back she said "man, this thing is all over the road, it sure wanders". Hmmmmm, when I took over I actually noticed it too. Took it out again tonight and it wasn't bad cold. But when it got hot she said again it seemed to wander.
That is exactly what my wife says when she drives my JT (Man this thing wanders). She doesn't mind driving it on short runs but she wants no part of it on the freeway

TravisK13

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT maxtow, JL sport unlimited
Occupation
N/A
Hi all,

While we are still awaiting official pricing from Jeep (as far as margins and discounts are concerned) I'd be happy to help you with the purchase of your new Gladiator.

If Jeep follows the same pricing guides as the JL wrangler our deal will be the same as it was for the JL wrangler forum.

5% below invoice with an active tread lightly membership.

$100 doc fee

We offer financing options, or you can bring your own bank, your decision

$500 non-refundable deposit, that deposit goes towards the final price of your Gladiator

I try to keep it as up front and simple as possible. I don't like the stereotypical dealer BS, I tell our people the more we can be like Amazon the more vehicles we will sell and it has worked out amazing well.

I have many references from the JL wrangler forum if you'd like to speak with any of them about their experiences.

My Email is the best form of contact [email protected]

Or if you need to reach me at the store the number is 712-336-2701

https://www.motorinnofspiritlake.net/

I look forward to meeting you in person with your new Gladiator

Spencer Heywood
Owner
Motor Inn of Spirit Lake
712-336-2701
Hi, just curios how the 5% works. Like currently sport JT have an extra 1500 rebate. Do you minus the 1500 then do 5% or is it just always 5% off regular invoice?
Thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, just curios how the 5% works. Like currently sport JT have an extra 1500 rebate. Do you minus the 1500 then do 5% or is it just always 5% off regular invoice?
Thanks for the feedback.
At the time of delivery you’d get any rebate compatible with an affiliate membership if you’d choice use one. Drop me an email if you have a specific situation you want clarity or need more assistance [email protected]
Sponsored