Best Dead Pedal?

kosmos

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Installed the M.O.R.E dead pedal - wasn't to awful bad - "AJ-NJ" had some good tips - I took it a step more and added blue tape to temp hold the bracket in place - I can see where there are plenty of options to drop the bracket, nuts, washers etc. into/behind the kick panels - luck I was - and that didn't happen - thanks for all the tips etc. Since I am over 6' I installed the pedal in the furthest position from the driver - very comfortable (plus you get to "see" the nut to install on the bracket). The more bracket fits perfect in the factory holes so nothing to fuss with fit wise.

Very happy with the M.O.R.E Dead Pedal in the 2020 Gladiator.
Sponsored

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Looks great !! :sun: Luv the RED too. The painters tape is a great idea. After a while you want even know it is there but if you think about it your foot will be resting on it...

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I like the red too. Mine is black.

I also like the idea of the big sponge to hold the bracket. When I did mine I used an empty Poland spring bottle to hold it. That was going to be my suggestion.

I am not that tall so I put mine so it's closer to the driver's seat. If I could do it again I would probably use the middle adjustment. I dont plan on moving it now.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
First make sure you have a couple cold beers because you will want them by the time you finish. Then sit in the jeep and get someone to mark on the kick panel about where you want the dead petal to be located. You probably don't want to do mount this twice. The only other tip I have is: I used a large sponge like for washing a car to hold the mounting bracket in place while I got the nuts started. What I am calling the mounting bracket is the little piece of flat bar with two threaded studs. I folded the sponge over and wedged it between the inside of the quarter panel and bracket holding it pretty tight. That allows you the twist and turn your body holding the other parts and start the nuts with two hands. GOOD LUCK! :whew:
The one other thing - I tied a string to the bracket before trying to install it. My fingers had a hard time putting it in the right place and the string allowed me to pull it back up and reangle it. - The outcome is good - enjoy

Cvoeb

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Will this work for manual transmissions? My clutch is pretty far left.

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Will this work for manual transmissions? My clutch is pretty far left.
No - most if not all Dead pedal arrangements state not compatible with Clutch pedal.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I put the M.O.R.E. dead pedal in today.

I would definitely agree that the install was simple, but awkward.

I did manage to drop a nut behind the plastic kick panel, but a telescoping magnet fished it out pretty quickly.

I propped my phone up next to the gas pedal and aimed the flashlight at the mounting location.

I didn’t use any tape or strings or sponges—all seemed like a good idea—I would just recommend sticking yourself as far into the kick area as you can, have good lighting, and try to grip the backing plate from behind as best you can when aligning the mounting plate—and be very slow and careful when putting on the washers and nuts for the mounting plate—very easy to drop the hardware behind the kick panel.

Oh, and the pedal itself—the placement of the nut you tighten to secure it to the mounting plate, it’s in a tight space. I didn’t have a ratchet small enough to fit in there. In fact, even my regular open crescent wrench had a tough enough time. When I used the closed end of the wrench, the wrench actually got stuck.

If you were so small, that you couldn’t normally reach any of the pedals (dead or not), this install would be a breeze. However, those of us who can ride the teacups without an adult, will have a tough time working in the kick zone.

MarkO

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT
I ordered the MORE last week. It arrives Wednesday. I decided to take Yoga classes every day just to prepare myself for the install. I’m tall, so I think this one will be a little easier, as I understand the posts.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the MORE last week. It arrives Wednesday. I decided to take Yoga classes every day just to prepare myself for the install. I’m tall, so I think this one will be a little easier, as I understand the posts.
Don't forget the cold beverages!

Sponsored

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Thanks everybody! .... I ordered the M.O.R.E dead pedal tonight on the Black Friday 20% off sale!

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Don’t have it, but always though this trick would be helpful..
Jeep Gladiator Best Dead Pedal? 00433A63-BF5A-45BF-AF51-A26ACF4AC051

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Don’t have it, but always though this trick would be helpful..
HaHa.... I love it! is that sticks or rubber bands? I got mine installed and it was a project made for a contortionist. It's not all that hard with the bar on the bolts but getting the torque on the wrench in such limited quarters was a pain. In the end, the the mount is solid but I guess I left a little slack in the pedal bolt because theirs a little play in it but theirs no way I'm taking that mother off again!

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
eBay dead pedal. 10 minute installation, flips up recommended
Do you have a link for this dead pedal? There was a used jeep at my local dealership with this pedal and it felt great.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer