Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I know I’ll be needing a big jack for running trails like Rubicon, but would a HiLift variant, or a bag type like the ARB X jack be better?
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know I’ll be needing a big jack for running trails like Rubicon, but would a HiLift variant, or a bag type like the ARB X jack be better?
you should look into the pro- eagle jack

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
The only one of theirs I like, is the co2 one, but no specs listed, and I can almost get 2 ARB x’s or 4 HiLifts for that price...

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Although I like the Pro Eagle jack it takes up too much space to me. I went with the Radflo Hydra jack. Performs like the ARB but is serviceable and cheaper.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The only one of theirs I like, is the co2 one, but no specs listed, and I can almost get 2 ARB x’s or 4 HiLifts for that price...
I looked at ARB but at 800 for a jack that may get used once a year on the trails I thought was extravagant, and I had a hilift that almost broke my jaw, I know my fault but things happen fast with that jack. So anyway I wanted something I could use on the trail and in my garage

Sponsored

OP
OP
Artsifrtsi

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I looked at ARB but at 800 for a jack that may get used once a year on the trails I thought was extravagant, and I had a hilift that almost broke my jaw, I know my fault but things happen fast with that jack. So anyway I wanted something I could use on the trail and in my garage
ARB X-Jack They are only about $250...
Jeep Gladiator Best jack for trail running 1600257281786

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Bottle jack and even a base jack stand work fine. Hi-Lifts are dangerous and useless. They're mainly fashion statements these days. Even the stock jack is fine with a base.

Buddy of mine welded a nut on the stock jack and uses a cordless impact...works great. I need to copy him.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I carry a couple short pieces of 2x6 to use as a platform base for the stock jack.
20+ years of wheeling multiple Jeeps, and I have never carried, or needed a farm jack. I do carry an axle strap in my recovery gear, and have loaned it to friends on the trail when their Hi-lifts run out of travel on these new flexy suspensions.
Back in the day, a Hi-Lift was more useful with only a few inches of droop of an old CJ or Willys.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
This time, I went with the good quality bottle jack with base, extensions, & axle mounts. I bought the "safe jack", "the general" . It seems to have everything I need,, it all fits in an ammo box and I can strap it to my molle panels. Here is a pic.

Jeep Gladiator Best jack for trail running y2ttr2

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
This time, I went with the good quality bottle jack with base, extensions, & axle mounts. I bought the "safe jack", "the general" . It seems to have everything I need,, it all fits in an ammo box and I can strap it to my molle panels. Here is a pic.

Jeep Gladiator Best jack for trail running y2ttr2
i liked what I seen in your pic, so I looked up the "the general" seems like a really nice kit, have you used it yet? from what I see and have read might have to copy you on this one. thanks for sharing.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
I bought safe jack kit as well. Mine is in canvas bag. Goes in my recovery locker in bed.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
i liked what I seen in your pic, so I looked up the "the general" seems like a really nice kit, have you used it yet? from what I see and have read might have to copy you on this one. thanks for sharing.
No, good news, I have not used it yet. I took it out and played with it in the driveway. It is a very high quality kit with great extensions, great welds, and nice steel. I even left the parts in the bubble wrap so it would not rattle in the ammo box, but, "The General" fills the box to the top. :). I strap it to my molle panels with a ratchet strap that can also double as an axle wrap (to stop articulation of the tire or fix a blown out tire bead). The General comes with a bottle jack base plate, and I can double up my Maxtrax as a huge base, so, establishing a good foundation for Mud and sand should not be a problem.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
This is what I carry in my Gladiator.
  • Combines jack stand and hydraulic bottle jack in one unit
  • Height range: 8-5/8 inch to 18-3/8 inch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJJZ5YC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's pretty neat. I'll say from experience that while I think it's a good idea, I've needed to maneuver a jack into a tight spot and that might be a bit bulky for some applications. But absent a few situations, that seems like a neat idea.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That's pretty neat. I'll say from experience that while I think it's a good idea, I've needed to maneuver a jack into a tight spot and that might be a bit bulky for some applications. But absent a few situations, that seems like a neat idea.
I didn't like the reviews on it. Sounds like a good concept with the safety of a jack stand built it, but it had a number of issues that need to be worked out. The glaring one is how you have to lower it, then how it has a tendency to lean to the left, and finally how it is constructed. Big no for me.
Sponsored