Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
I have not watched the install video, yet. Do these plug into the factory harness? Are any adapter cables needed, and are they included?
Thanks for your question. The Oculus installs using original mounting hardware, and headlight wiring is plug-and-play into the factory connector without additional relays or harnesses. It makes for a super easy install!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Right now I have the terrible halogens that come with the jeep. I take mostly roads without streetlights so having something good that won't blind the drivers on the other side of the two lane road is critical. Plan on replacing the headlights and fogs with something that is actually usable. Was thinking about just going with the cheap bulb route, but thinking I may want to go with something nicer and replace the entire headlight. Can't find any take offs of the OEM ones that are worth the price, won't pay mopar the crazy cost for something that should be included, so aftermarket it is.

Question is what have you seen in the way of lights that provides a good overall value and potentially better output than the factory LEDs. I already own a Taser to no issues there with the computer freaking out.

I was looking and the Oracle ones look like a pretty good upgrade for the money. What are everybody's thoughts on those? Looking to do this soon since I have a bumper with winch to install and figure while I have the grill off might as well fix this issue with the jeep.
Go to Headlight Revolution and get some LED bulbs. You'll save hundreds and you'll end up with a better beam and output. QUALITY is the key. Don't buy untested junk.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Go to Headlight Revolution and get some LED bulbs. You'll save hundreds and you'll end up with a better beam and output. QUALITY is the key. Don't buy untested junk.
I'm assuming these are the Headlight Revolution S-V.4 headlight LED bulbs? I'm eyeing those to replace my Rubicon halogen bulbs. For the options I was on the fence on when ordering mine, LED package must be at the top. Even my wife said I should have splurged. These halogens are terrible!

What has been your experience with these bulbs? I see it says plug and play on their site, but a lot of the tech specs and descriptions seem to be a bit canned to cover all vehicles. Did you need a Tazer or something similar? I'm hoping to toss the HR headlight bulbs, Diode Dynamics fogs, and American Adventure Lab fender chop LED brace.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm assuming these are the Headlight Revolution S-V.4 headlight LED bulbs? I'm eyeing those to replace my Rubicon halogen bulbs. For the options I was on the fence on when ordering mine, LED package must be at the top. Even my wife said I should have splurged. These halogens are terrible!

What has been your experience with these bulbs? I see it says plug and play on their site, but a lot of the tech specs and descriptions seem to be a bit canned to cover all vehicles. Did you need a Tazer or something similar? I'm hoping to toss the HR headlight bulbs, Diode Dynamics fogs, and American Adventure Lab fender chop LED brace.
I've had them a long time and they're amazing. Razor sharp beam. Totally plug and play. But... Headlight Revolution recently got a new bulb that's even better. Can't remember the brand. GTR Ultra 2 maybe? It's supposedly even better than the Supernova.

I did, however, need my Tazer to make the fog lights work properly. They are an even more amazing difference than the headlights.

Oh, and check out the Headlight Revolution YouTube channel. Lots of great information.

Last edited:

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

I second for headlight revolution. Beyond happy with my drive and fog lights. I have their reverse bulb replacements but just haven’t had the moment to pop em in yet

Sponsored

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
Third for Headlight Revolution Supernova V4's. Have them for heads/fogs and the difference is night and day. Just make sure you get them from HR, some other sites have been selling knockoff's calling them V4's (for way cheaper) but they aren't the same.

Also got my reverse bulbs from HR, the GTR Lighting 1000 lumen bulbs. They are working great, too, so far.

Ghostwave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 cj8
I put a set of JW Speakers in my cj8 after getting tired of not being able to see at night in the rain. Problem solved. I understand they have a heated model too.

They were not cheap, but I never regretted spending the coin. It’s been about 3 years, so maybe something better now.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I've had them a long time and they're amazing. Razor sharp beam. Totally plug and play. But... Headlight Revolution recently got a new bulb that's even better. Can't remember the brand. GTR Ultra 2 maybe? It's supposedly even better than the Supernova.

I did, however, need my Tazer to make the fog lights work properly. They are an even more amazing difference than the headlights.

Oh, and check out the Headlight Revolution YouTube channel. Lots of great information.
What kind of issue did you have with the fog lights?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What kind of issue did you have with the fog lights?
The CAN-BUS wiring architecture on modern vehicles makes it so that going from halogen bulbs to LED bulbs can be problematic due to the difference in amp. draw. That's why sometimes LEDs will pulsate, or go on/off, or cause hyper flashing if used in turn signals. You have to alter the power and pulse rate of that power going to the bulbs to make them function correctly. I was fortunate to have the Tazer programmer, so a simple button press allowed me to activate LEDs in my onboard computer. If you don't have a programmer, you'll have to visit the dealership, or if you're really savvy you could try resistors in line.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The CAN-BUS wiring architecture on modern vehicles makes it so that going from halogen bulbs to LED bulbs can be problematic due to the difference in amp. draw. That's why sometimes LEDs will pulsate, or go on/off, or cause hyper flashing if used in turn signals. You have to alter the power and pulse rate of that power going to the bulbs to make them function correctly. I was fortunate to have the Tazer programmer, so a simple button press allowed me to activate LEDs in my onboard computer. If you don't have a programmer, you'll have to visit the dealership, or if you're really savvy you could try resistors in line.
Thanks for the info. Those Tazers are pricey. Might have to have dealer do it if they won’t charge me too much. I’ve learned Through the years that nothing is cheap when it comes to a Jeep though lol

Thank you sir!

Sponsored

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
Thanks for the info. Those Tazers are pricey. Might have to have dealer do it if they won’t charge me too much. I’ve learned Through the years that nothing is cheap when it comes to a Jeep though lol

Thank you sir!
The Tazer is pricey, but it can pay for itself pretty quickly if you plan to do other upgrades to your Jeep. It can be used to change tire size so your speedometer is accurate if you get bigger tires, it can be used to change gearing if you ever regear, etc. Lots of stuff. In the long run, would be cheaper than going to the dealer every time (I've heard they charge $125 for a computer flash, don't know how accurate that is but...). It also has other cool features like turning off the auto start/stop, light show.

aseemer

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Or you can do this for ~$60. Its not perfect, but still considerably better than stock halogen. Plug and play, no tazer needed. Not a single flashback from on-coming drivers either. See what you think. There is another thread with links to all of the bulbs. Go here for that thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/led-bulb-replacement-it-works.19953/ I just did headlights and fogs.

Link to video comparing halogens to the cheap LEDs

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
You'll save hundreds and you'll end up with a better beam and output.
Really? Please provide photometric data or a simple wall test backing up this statement.

The ORACLE Lighting Oculus Headlights have hundreds of hours of engineering in them and surpass even the factory Jeep LED headlights in all measurable categories.

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_3_1024x1024.jpg

QUALITY is the key. Don't buy untested junk.
We totally agree, that is why we spent over a year in development, extensive testing, and we're granted multiple patents on these lights. It is a bit unfair for you to make these statements discrediting our products when you seem to have very little understanding or evidence to support your statements.

ocp9_1024x1024.jpg

ocp8_1024x1024.jpg

ocp2_1024x1024.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Really? Please provide photometric data or a simple wall test backing up this statement.

The ORACLE Lighting Oculus Headlights have hundreds of hours of engineering in them and surpass even the factory Jeep LED headlights in all measurable categories.

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_3_1024x1024.jpg

We totally agree, that is why we spent over a year in development, extensive testing, and we're granted multiple patents on these lights. It is a bit unfair for you to make these statements discrediting our products when you seem to have very little understanding or evidence to support your statements.

ocp9_1024x1024.jpg

ocp8_1024x1024.jpg

ocp2_1024x1024.jpg

If you want to see photometric data and wall tests, all one has to do is log onto YouTube and search for Headlight Revolution's channel. They test EVERY bulb on the market. They've done more testing than any company in the U.S. and they post actual measured lux readings instead of those phony lumens ratings everybody sees in advertising. The best lighting videos and info I've ever seen is on their YouTube channel.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
If you want to see photometric data and wall tests, all one has to do is log onto YouTube and search for Headlight Revolution's channel. They test EVERY bulb on the market. They've done more testing than any company in the U.S. and they post actual measured lux readings instead of those phony lumens ratings everybody sees in advertising. The best lighting videos and info I've ever seen is on their YouTube channel.
I am familiar, and as anyone at HR will tell you- every bulb is going to have different characteristics depending on what headlight housing it is installed in. You can watch as many videos as you want but unless it is installed in a Gladiator headlight the beam characteristics are not going to be able to be replicated.

You are stating that a LED bulb replacement will have a "better beam and output" than the Oculus headlights and that is just completely and utterly false information you are spreading. When pressed for any evidence to support your statement you say "go watch a Youtube video" which does not illustrate or support your comment in ANY way.
Sponsored