Sponsored

Bestop Sunrider Fabric - big difference between Black Diamond and Twill?

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just looking for advice on the Sunrider fabric choice as the Black Diamond is $100 cheaper, plus on a $100 rebate program where the Twill has no current rebate offer. Is there a significant difference in appearance and durability between the two fabrics?

I can't find many buyers who regretted the decision to get a Sunrider, so we're just trying to make sure we don't spend more than we need to - but not less than we should have.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Get the Twill! It is worth the money and looks very upscale compared to the black diamond. The black diamond will look like an old faded soft top in no time. I have a twill sunrider and a twill top for my JL and we love them

Gregj

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Get the Twill! It is worth the money and looks very upscale compared to the black diamond. The black diamond will look like an old faded soft top in no time. I have a twill sunrider and a twill top for my JL and we love them

Gregj
how is it holding up to the TX sun and heat? Those are my major concerns here in AZ. The hard top will be hot as hell but cools quickly in the AC.

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Twill is thicker, a deeper black, better warranty is what I have gathered. I would love one but just can't bring myself to drop that much money. I think they are insanely overpriced.
They're definitely proud of them...we're used to having convertibles so a quick drop top is compelling, just not easy to stomach the price.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are holding up great! I had the soft top on my JL all fall, winter and only swapped it out a couple weeks ago due to the heat here. I’ll put it back on in the fall. Still looks new. The sunrider will go back on in the fall also.

Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're definitely proud of them...we're used to having convertibles so a quick drop top is compelling, just not easy to stomach the price.
If you like convertibles get it you will love it! So easy to open and close you will open it up every chance you get.
Gregj

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
It’s ridiculous! The Bestop half cab for my LJ Was $650. This is a 1/4 the material, no window and way more. Ripoff!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s ridiculous! The Bestop half cab for my LJ Was $650. This is a 1/4 the material, no window and way more. Ripoff!
I have to disagree, the engineering that went into the sunrider is way ahead of the previous generation of tops. The ability to open and close it from the driver seat in seconds is awesome.

Gregj

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
Bite the bullet! It's my favorite mod. I open it any chance I get. But there is a lot of wind noise over 40 mph.

Sponsored

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I love my Sunrider in the twill version. Found it on Amazon priced wrong ($100 off), so got a good deal and a $100 rebate, but would have bought it anyway. I use it all the time. It also fits over my full sunshade, but is more complicated with that on.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Twill has lifetime warranty, so no worries about if it fades/wears badly, they'll replace it. That alone is worth the extra $100 in my book, not to mention it also looks/feels nicer.

Capture.JPG

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have to disagree, the engineering that went into the sunrider is way ahead of the previous generation of tops. The ability to open and close it from the driver seat in seconds is awesome.
Even if you discounted that, compared to what Jeep gets for the full top, I don't see the Sunrider as overpriced.

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Healthcare
Twill all day. And worth hundreds more than it costs. It’s incredible. I had dual top on my ‘18 JLU, but really I just wanted the ease of opening up the front where the freedom panels are. I would buy this time and again over a full soft top for the Gladiator, especially with how easy the hard top is to remove nowadays if you really want full open air riding.

spartacus777

First Name
Noch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator, maserati, tesla
Bite the bullet! It's my favorite mod. I open it any chance I get. But there is a lot of wind noise over 40 mph.

My wind noise is so undesirable. Anything over 50mph lots of noise and shaking... Are more people having this issue? I have a light bar but I also a wind diffuser but the noise and shaking and rattles of the top is not cool. see pic attached

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg
Sponsored