First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’ll take the folding version- allows larger items in the bed.
Bestop- What about fabrics? I only have 4 months to decide...
Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Hey guys,

Here are some teaser concepts from one of our product designers. What do you think?

CassieAtBestop

JT ST4T one REAL down stack.jpg

JT ST4T one REAL.jpg
  • Have the material stretched more. If possible not showing arches on top.
  • Have rear window extended as low as possible to line up with front side windows and for better rear visibility. Maybe put Bestop logo on top instead of bottom or put it somewhere else.
  • I understand top of canopy is narrower, sides slanting inwards as you go up so it can be folded into the bed, but it would look better if the sides were completely vertical like the front of the Jeep, to keep with the styling.
  • Ensure side windows in bed (I assume there will be), rear window in bed, and side windows in cab all line up top and bottom!!!

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Jeep Cherokee, 2015 Abarth 500C
Did anyone confirm that the truck bed topper will be available in both top fabrics? If it will only be available in one, it will sway my decision between standard and premium.
Also the top and bed topper should be in a choice of colors.

Xk2JT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Highway laborer
Everyone realizes this is a current Bestop truck product right? I know some of us here are new to jeeps and others are new to trucks but this is just one product fitted to the Gladiator. Their are YouTube’s with it installed, folded, fitted, etc. You can even see what it currently comes in on their website. But obviously for currently available trucks.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Last edited:

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
9E63D8BC-A548-4189-99F1-39998CA3288F.jpeg
AD58FB3C-AEC3-43C7-9227-DF990ECAAAEA.jpeg

These seats would be awesome in the bed with the Bestop soft cover. Too bad the seat company is going out of business (I think), has a patent on it, and it’s ilegal in some states.

http://www.bedryder.com/

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/cargoareas (it is actually kind of funny and ridiculous how the laws are so different in each state)
Those are pretty cool! the harness is a bit over the top though but still, reminds me of riding in the back 'back' seat of an old station wagon facing backwards, used to want to ride back there even if the back seat was empty.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
9E63D8BC-A548-4189-99F1-39998CA3288F.jpeg
AD58FB3C-AEC3-43C7-9227-DF990ECAAAEA.jpeg

These seats would be awesome in the bed with the Bestop soft cover. Too bad the seat company is going out of business (I think), has a patent on it, and it’s ilegal in some states.

http://www.bedryder.com/

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/cargoareas (it is actually kind of funny and ridiculous how the laws are so different in each state)
I’m hoping to use a JK 2-door folding rear seat back there, using the Teraflex brackets (facing forward). I just wish we knew if Bestop will be offering this top in the premium fabric...

Bagboy

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Willys Wheeler W
That is correct, same product, one is folded.

CassieAtBestop
This is so cool. Would be perfect for camping. We currently use my wife’s GC to pull the pop up camper. This would allow us to have covered storage when we need it. Trying to use anything I can to convince her that a Gladiator is a wise purchase :). She named our pop-up Gladys, so I told her buying a Gladiator to pull Gladys was meant to be. If Jeep can price it less then a house I might actually get one.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
[QUOTE="FunWagon,
These seats would be awesome in the bed with the Bestop soft cover. Too bad the seat company is going out of business (I think), [/QUOTE]

Any local fab shop should be able to make this up for any truck. Its a very basic fab job.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
This will be offered in a premium fabric :)

CassieAtBestop

I’m hoping to use a JK 2-door folding rear seat back there, using the Teraflex brackets (facing forward). I just wish we knew if Bestop will be offering this top in the premium fabric...

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Its nice no third brake light is necessary as Jeep put it on the tailgate.

I’d love to see a soft topper that when front window is removed and rear window of soft top is removed the two would zip together creating a seal and full pass thru.

I’d also like to see different zip in options whether window, screen, or cargo netting to keep dogs or other cargo in but plenty of ventilation.

Looks great and thanks for asking for input
What he said. This is EXACTLY what I want.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Is there any way to remove the back window of the jeep soft top and attach this at the cab of the truck? For one enclosed area.
Again, this would be IDEAL! I want to throw my big dog in the back on the way to the cottage, but I want him to be able to get the A/C or Heat haha

Thunder

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40, LJ Rubicon 06 Impact Orange 6sp
Prefer top to come out to edge of bedrail for more space inside. Going down, and resting on top, not inside of bed is fine. Zip off side and back panels mandatory. With option to order additional / replacement sides with window, solid canvas,, or screen panels. Also needs to be drivable with only the overhead panel deployed, and no sides. I also agree with vertical sides. With window height matching cab.
Sponsored