Sponsored

Better for residual: Auto or Manual Trans...?

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning folks,

Weighing out my options here and the reality of not being able to afford a 6-spd JTR right away, is becoming apparent. Thinking about ordering and leasing a Sport for 2-3 years, then upgrading to a Rubi when the time comes. With that in mind, would there be a difference in the residual at the end of the lease if I ordered a manual trans vs an automatic? Will the manual be more desirable?
Sponsored

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
IMO you should get the transmission you want to live with while you lease. You can use the lease calculator on jeep.com to get an idea about difference in payments between two builds, which is really what would matter unless you believe you would buy the Sport at lease end.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Good morning folks,

Weighing out my options here and the reality of not being able to afford a 6-spd JTR right away, is becoming apparent. Thinking about ordering and leasing a Sport for 2-3 years, then upgrading to a Rubi when the time comes. With that in mind, would there be a difference in the residual at the end of the lease if I ordered a manual trans vs an automatic? Will the manual be more desirable?
I think it is very unlikely the bank looks at the options to figure out the lease residual. It will be the sport percentage what ever the options. Get what you want. You don't need to worry about what will sell easy if you are leasing.

Sponsored

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
I ordered mine in a manual. Some people thought I was crazy but car company’s in the states are pretty much getting rid of MT. It’s sad because I love driving stick and I would hate to hear that Jeeps have done away with the MT option. Everyone is different. Do what you want to do. You’re paying for it.

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
i ordered a manual, in the mean time i am having a hell of a time selling my 16 unlimited hardrock due to it being a manual

Bruski51

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon HR
Vehicle Showcase
i ordered a manual, in the mean time i am having a hell of a time selling my 16 unlimited hardrock due to it being a manual
I have a manual 16 JKU HR also and people are afraid of it. It is Granite :rock: with red accents everywhere. That being said my trade in value is 1000 less because it is a manual. (That was a 5000 option at purchase)

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
I have a manual 16 JKU HR also and people are afraid of it. It is Granite :rock: with red accents everywhere. That being said my trade in value is 1000 less because it is a manual. (That was a 5000 option at purchase)
Which makes no sense, the 2 people i have had contact me about it have also tried to lowball me like its going out of style as well. Im trying to sell it before my gladiator shows up

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Which makes no sense, the 2 people i have had contact me about it have also tried to lowball me like its going out of style as well. Im trying to sell it before my gladiator shows up
Sad to sad a manual tans is the kidss of low trade it, if they will take it most likley they will whole sale it out.

IF you are going manual to save $2k I would not do it.

I am getting an auto only, ONLY because the wife will drive it. It wit was mine it would be a stick. I have been driving manuals since the early 60's

Today's manuals offer far more advantages to most driver over a stick, on or off road!

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Driving a manual is all fun and games UNTIL you’re stuck in traffic (any day any time or should I say every day ALL the time) on the 405 OR the 5 or any bumper to bumper freeway OR WHEN some nimrod pulls up 1” behind you stopped at the light on La Cienega headed up to Sunset....

I used to pride myself on being a “girl who drives stick” and at 27 in the BMW convertible it was a whole helluva lot of fun...until it wasn’t!

Just talked my son out of a CJ-7 manual as his 1st car....in LA County it sucks the joy out of driving, oh yeah there’s already no joy in driving here!!
Sponsored