First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist
Greetings, I ordered my JTRD today. It's granite crystal with premium soft top. I didn't order the body color fender flares, and now I'm concerned I'm going to regret that. I guess I was trying to save a few bucks to make up for paying for the diesel. Does anyone have a granite crystal rubicon with black flares? I've looked and I cannot even find a picture of this combo. What do you all think?
Sponsored

BLK74

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot, Corvette
Greetings, I ordered my JTRD today. It's granite crystal with premium soft top. I didn't order the body color fender flares, and now I'm concerned I'm going to regret that. I guess I was trying to save a few bucks to make up for paying for the diesel. Does anyone have a granite crystal rubicon with black flares? I've looked and I cannot even find a picture of this combo. What do you all think?
I have the black fender flares on my JTR. I wanted them body color but have changed my mind. I have the MT tires and if they would have been body colored , I would have tons of paint chips already and I’m only at 1600 miles.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Different color, but I intentionally got the black flares as well. If I'd gotten body color, I'd have so many chips in the paint by now it wouldn't be funny. I have the MT tires on a Rubicon as well. I don't think you'll regret it. Black fenders look natural on a jeep.

Sponsored

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I specifically ordred my Gladiator with black freedom top and black fender flares. Personally I think they look much better than color matched.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have the black fender flares on my JTR. I wanted them body color but have changed my mind. I have the MT tires and if they would have been body colored , I would have tons of paint chips already and I’m only at 1600 miles.
I have 35x12.5 MT that stick out about 3 inches and have body colored flares and no issues with paint chips after 10,000 miles with the MTs. Overblown non issue.

Some like the black look, I prefer the painted look as it is much cleaner imo.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I think they’ll look good. If I had ordered mine, that’s what I would have done...👍

BLK74

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot, Corvette
I have 35x12.5 MT that stick out about 3 inches and have body colored flares and no issues with paint chips after 10,000 miles with the MTs. Overblown non issue.

Some like the black look, I prefer the painted look as it is much cleaner imo.
Not overblown for me. I have a 200 yard long gravel driveway. When I pull out, the rocks come flying out even with mud flaps.

Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
You made the right choice. Black fenders (and top) is the only way to go. More contrast, more practical, and that classic Jeep look. It just so happens it's cheaper too! What's not to love.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Not overblown for me. I have a 200 yard long gravel driveway. When I pull out, the rocks come flying out even with mud flaps.
Same here, but not because of a long driveway. Just a lot of construction locally, and narrow trails where the JT just barely fits. There's enough scuffs already in my black plastic ones from branches and gravel to know it's a real issue for me. I've also had to touch up my black hard top a couple of times. It's a real issue. Same issue on my compass, with no flares (because compass). The gravel roads scratch up the paint.

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
It'll look fine with black OR body colored flares and top. I love the looks of my Granite colored JTM, it gives it some class. That being said, it's still a Jeep. If I'd have ordered it, I would have requested black to save a couple grand btwn the flares and top color match $. And I'm hesitant to remove the painted top cuz it might get scratched!
I'm having my painted flares and top wrapped in clear to preserve them.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I think blacks the way to go only because of the inevitable damage if you off road it. For the cost of repainting one color matched fender you can just replace a black plastic one.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You made the right choice on getting the black ones, it's definitely not overblown if you run wider tires that stick out beyond the fenders because you will definitely end up with paint chips from road driving and trail marks from branches and brush on the trails. My wife and most women like the body colored jeeps around my area, the guys normally are riding with black non painted ones or have swapped them out completely
Sponsored