First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Would love to see it with a couple of sweatshirts or jackets stuffed up there. Wonder how much it sags with any weight in it?
Hold that thought...be right back

Just crammed my wife's big puffy parka and 3 other puffy coats in my modified JL attic. It was empty and straps pulled fairly tight to begin (paracord loose) and the lowest point was roughly 35in from seat to net. After cramming all coats in there it sagged to 32in without pulling the paracord or any straps tighter. This is basically how I use it.

Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator 1670447693428

Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator 1670447717334

Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator 1670447758727

Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator 1670447778080
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Canā€™t tell if itā€™s bungee cord or rope

oops. Itā€™s paracord

ā€œThe mesh is awesome for letting wet items dry, and the adjustable paracord lacing means you never have to worry about sagging.ā€
Just throw it in the back seat. Itā€™ll dry.

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Funny, I was going to bring up my old thread with the JL attic that I retrofitted. Honestly, I think my solution is on-par or slightly better than the current JT offering. The biggest issue with the attic in the JT is the rear portion of the net as it hangs lower than the front if just attaching it to the roll bar height. When accelerating soft goods tend to slip out the back. I've not had an issue with the front portion being unsupported and that's where it looks like BROG made the "custom strapping system... which looks kinda ugly IMO. I'd have to reserve final judgement on the JT version until I see it in person but from the OP's pics it looks like it's tilted down in the back... which is the #1 issue.

I still use mine for storing puffy jackets, hats and light weight shell pants as well as hanging damp towels on the webbing to dry. I'm glad it's there but it's not a must-have in my book. Mine doesn't droop or sag to impair vision out the rear, nor do I remove it when the occasional back seat passenger is hitching a ride (I do take out the contents if someone's in back). Overall, the construction of all BROG equipment is top notch and this is no exception... it's simply the execution that falls a little bit short.

I havenā€™t dived too deep down this rabbit hole but JT-specific version looks to be slightly shorter than the JL or JK version.

Iā€™m sure those brackets used on the retrofit def help with adding more room and preventing any sag.

I may go down the retrofit route...

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
I havenā€™t dived too deep down this rabbit hole but JT-specific version looks to be slightly shorter than the JL or JK version.
According to the website the JL and JT attics are both 40"x17.5". I don't see specs on the JKU

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the website the JL and JT attics are both 40"x17.5". I don't see sirens on the JKU
Holy hell really!? I guess looks are def deceiving.

Appreciate you looking up the specs.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
If you havenā€™t got one already gathering dust in your trunk, you can do it yourself with a $10 - $20 suv/car trunk cargo net from Amazon ā€¦ essentially the same dimensions as this $90 item.

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
I got mine on Sat. Personally I think the straps are a pain in the ass the way they are adjusted. Also the guy who said the back sits lower is correct but nothing should come out unless it's something round that rolls. Quality feels really good and strong. Also the amount of Paracord is way long I'm not sure if I'm supposed to cut it or what for now it's tucked into the net.

PXL_20221212_194551362.jpg

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine on Sat. Personally I think the straps are a pain in the ass the way they are adjusted. Also the guy who said the back sits lower is correct but nothing should come out unless it's something round that rolls. Quality feels really good and strong. Also the amount of Paracord is way long I'm not sure if I'm supposed to cut it or what for now it's tucked into the net.

Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator PXL_20221212_194551362
I found the paracord to even be long on my JKU. Ended up doing the same as you.

Would you buy it again?

KQL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for gladiator
Just got mine installed last night. My fingers are pretty raw from trying to tighten the straps. But hopefully itā€™s a once and done deal. Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€, and when I sit under the empty attic, Iā€™m pretty close to brushing it with my head. Of course everyoneā€™s torso/leg ratio might be a little different. But if you only have kids/dogs/ empty back seat, itā€™s pretty nice and Iā€™d say worth it to keep coats or towels off the seats. It also might be a semi-discreet place to keep things out from plain view when parked.

for the middle straps, I just wrapped the excess around one of the mole-looking spots next to the strap.
Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator 2F700CFF-A558-49E5-BBAE-17BE2A055E91

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got mine installed last night. My fingers are pretty raw from trying to tighten the straps. But hopefully itā€™s a once and done deal. Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€, and when I sit under the empty attic, Iā€™m pretty close to brushing it with my head. Of course everyoneā€™s torso/leg ratio might be a little different. But if you only have kids/dogs/ empty back seat, itā€™s pretty nice and Iā€™d say worth it to keep coats or towels off the seats. It also might be a semi-discreet place to keep things out from plain view when parked.

for the middle straps, I just wrapped the excess around one of the mole-looking spots next to the strap.
Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator 2F700CFF-A558-49E5-BBAE-17BE2A055E91
I remember trying to contort myself like a gymnast cramming themselves into a small box trying to tighten those straps from all different angles as well.

And yes, itā€™s def a one-and-done deal.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Is this compatible with the Sunrider for Hardtop. Hard to tell from the pictures but looks like attaching part to the soundbar section might not work if you have Sunrider.

Jeep Gladiator Blue Ridge Overland Attic released for Jeep Gladiator 1676488440351
Sponsored