Body color fenders available for Sport!

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Yes, I agree, but the tailgste says Sport. This was a special order, so my guess the buyer had the bumpers upgraded. He also included painted match fender flairs and the Tonneau cover, which looked nice. The Overland has the running boards and an Overland badge on the rear. This was does not.
Cheers
Sponsored

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
That also looks like an Overland front bumper not a Sport bumper, those silly air damn things are gone!
When you order the color matched fender flares, it comes with the overland bumper fro the factory

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Thanks, nice to know, and that sorts out this question.
Cheers

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
When you order the color matched fender flares, it comes with the overland bumper fro the factory
For $250 more that’s a no brainer...I’m kind of jealous it’s too late for me...oh well another upgrade down the road added to the list...

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
When you build a Sport S with the max tow package it defaults back to the black fender flares. Makes me think that the body colored flares are not available with the max tow package.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
When you build a Sport S with the max tow package it defaults back to the black fender flares. Makes me think that the body colored flares are not available with the max tow package.
I was wondering about this, and it makes sense because the Overland fenders don't have proper coverage for the wide-track axles since they don't have that option.

OP
OP

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I was wondering about this, and it makes sense because the Overland fenders don't have proper coverage for the wide-track axles since they don't have that option.
The max tow package has the same axles as the Rubicon, and you can option color matched fenders on a Rubicon. I'd assume it'd be allowed on a Sport, but we'll see when I put my order in soon!

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
The max tow package has the same axles as the Rubicon, and you can option color matched fenders on a Rubicon. I'd assume it'd be allowed on a Sport, but we'll see when I put my order in soon!
The max tow fenders are different than the Rubicon. Body color fenders cannot be done with max tow.

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That doesn't make sense since the added width on the flare for the Max Tow is on the flare trim piece...Not the fender flare...
It's possible they excluded the Max Tow to help the Sport sales, but that would be disappointing if that was the case....
I looked at all the pictures of the Sports with the color matched flares, and it didn't look like any of them had the added lip... hummm

I personally think all options should be offered on all trims... They obviously do this to incent buyers into different trims, but it's really BS.

If you wanted an Overland with Black fenders, it should be an option.
If you wanted the high flares on the Rubicon on your sport, you should be able to order it.
Same with the LED light packages, colored hardtops, leather interior and I could go on....

OP
OP

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The max tow fenders are different than the Rubicon. Body color fenders cannot be done with max tow.
The fenders are different, but only because the Rubicon fenders are already wider than the standard Sport fenders which is why the added lip on Sport max tow fenders is there.

According to the November order guide the sport comes standard with “Accent Color Fender Flares”, the Overland comes with “Body Color Fender Flares (2pc)” and the Rubicon comes with “Molded In Color Fender Flares (2pc)”.

The Max Tow package for the Sport includes “Molded In Color Fender Flares (2pc)”, while the Sport S Appearance package includes “Body Color Fender Flares”.

Since the fenders for Overland and Rubicon are 2 pieces, if you order both max tow and sport appearance package it should be easy to make them body colored. Loads of people on the forum have already removed the bottom black plastic piece of the 2 piece body color Rubicon fenders for more clearance. So if the max tow fenders are also 2 pieces Jeep should HOPEFULLY just be able to slap the body colored part on top and call it a day. Granted, I did look at some local dealer stock online and all the Sports with the body color fender appearance package only include the normal tow package and not max tow :(

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Can the rubicon grill inserts be added to the sport grill and around the headlights?

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
For $250 more that’s a no brainer...I’m kind of jealous it’s too late for me...oh well another upgrade down the road added to the list...
I think stingray looks better with black fenders. I only like Firecracker, White and Billet to have the painted flares. Every other color looks best with black

OP
OP

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Can the rubicon grill inserts be added to the sport grill and around the headlights?
Like ColoradoGlad said the grille is different, however you can buy black inserts for the Sport grille on Amazon for about $60. I have them on my JL. They stick with 3m tape and you can't tell the difference. Have had them on for over a year with no issues so far.
Sponsored