First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a Sport S. May need to make a change

I ordered the max tow. I chose the optional black fenders thinking that I don’t want to scratch through Sting Grey “PAINTED” fenders. I then see they are “molded in color”. Does this mean the are solid Sting grey? Or painted? I would rather have matching fenders if scratching paint off them was not a concern. Any advice here?
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a Sport S. May need to make a change

I ordered the max tow. I chose the optional black fenders thinking that I don’t want to scratch through Sting Grey “PAINTED” fenders. I then see they are “molded in color”. Does this mean the are solid Sting grey? Or painted? I would rather have matching fenders if scratching paint off them was not a concern. Any advice here?
Molded in color is black plastic, If it don't say color matched fenders, you have solid black (molded in color) fenders.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Molded in color is black plastic, If it don't say color matched fenders, you have solid black (molded in color) fenders.
I had the same mistaken impression when I ordered mine last year. If you are going to do any off roading, I don't see why you would want colored fenders.

OP
OP
CC2

CC2

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same mistaken impression when I ordered mine last year. If you are going to do any off roading, I don't see why you would want colored fenders.

OP
OP
CC2

CC2

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
The 24S package comes with color matched fenders Are these painted sting grey? So when I chose the optional black those ares the solid black plastic you are referring to?

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
The 24S package comes with color matched fenders Are these painted sting grey? So when I chose the optional black those ares the solid black plastic you are referring to?
Do you have a window sticker or something that says the 24S comes with color matched, meaning it will be the color of the Jeep, because it did not last year, but I know there are changes from 2020 and 21. If the order/window sticker etc. says molded in color, that means they are solid, little tikes type, molded black plastic, no shiny black like the Jeep body.

OP
OP
CC2

CC2

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a window sticker or something that says the 24S comes with color matched, meaning it will be the color of the Jeep, because it did not last year, but I know there are changes from 2020 and 21. If the order/window sticker etc. says molded in color, that means they are solid, little tikes type, molded black plastic, no shiny black like the Jeep body.
Thanks. No I just ordered it

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. No I just ordered it
I just looked on the Jeep site, the color fenders are not standard with the S package, they are a $250 separate option. Do you remember ordering Body Color flare fender option?
Jeep Gladiator Molded in color fenders. Sport S 1604176621697

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
I just looked on the Jeep site, the color fenders are not standard with the S package, they are a $250 separate option. Do you remember ordering Body Color flare fender option?
Jeep Gladiator Molded in color fenders. Sport S 1604176621697
I just took delivery of a 2021 sport S and it came with color matched fenders not black as I thought it was. Turns out I love the painted fenders. I do t do a lot of any woods driving, mostly beach for me.

7A728860-A4DF-4942-8CCB-27DFF6406890.jpeg

EB9FF329-50DF-4545-A910-15D1D5510273.jpeg

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I do some off-roading, mostly mud/bogs and sugar sand, but wanted the painted fenders for 2 reason. Firstly, I find the black plastic fenders hideous, and after a while they’ll start to fade and turn more grey. Secondly, opting for the painted fenders also gets you dedicated DRL and turn signals, which look better than the stock single turn unit.
Jeep Gladiator Molded in color fenders. Sport S 706DE731-18AE-4E33-A665-D4626138615A

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Bummer, IMO black top with black fenders and black bumpers looks best, they are also super durable and look new for years, never any issues with the black fenders on the two JKs I had just wipe them down with 303 every once and a while.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I just took delivery of a 2021 sport S and it came with color matched fenders not black as I thought it was. Turns out I love the painted fenders. I do t do a lot of any woods driving, mostly beach for me.

Jeep Gladiator Molded in color fenders. Sport S 706DE731-18AE-4E33-A665-D4626138615A

Came with, but was it a listed option on the window sticker?

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Came with, but was it a listed option on the window sticker?
it’s listed under the S package along with power windows and the 7” radio etc

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Sport S comes with painted fenders now with black being a 0 dollar option.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
If you are going to do any off roading, I don't see why you would want colored fenders.
Is your name Stevie Wonder? :surprised:

I’ve done lots of off roading in 2 Jeeps both with painted fenders and numerous other trucks which all have everything color matched (think about it - only Jeep offers black fenders)...

Jeep Gladiator Molded in color fenders. Sport S 5F15E23C-2F5D-4198-85EF-3824E4C91728
Sponsored