• Poll closed .

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
I have had two JKs and now the JT none have had any fading on the fenders, wipe them down occasionally with 303 or similar and you wont have any problems.
5 year old JK.

2FA669E8-4006-4700-968C-A7171F693C42.jpeg
This feels like a dangerous blanket statement without knowing whether the Jeep is stored indoors/outdoors and the exposure to heat/uv rays.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
This feels like a dangerous blanket statement without knowing whether the Jeep is stored indoors/outdoors and the exposure to heat/uv rays.
Outside only in the northeast.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have had two JKs and now the JT none have had any fading on the fenders, wipe them down occasionally with 303 or similar and you wont have any problems.
5 year old JK.

2FA669E8-4006-4700-968C-A7171F693C42.jpeg
The pic above is a prime example of my thinking - some look great with black, some look better with body color fenders.
This one above is a beaut with those black fenders and accents.

Reactions: Mac

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So someone please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but the max tow only adds that small black lip that’s under/sticks out from the painted fender. That black lip will never be painted. As for the fender that is painted, that option is not related in any way to max tow.
The lip is an indicator of Max Tow.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So someone please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but the max tow only adds that small black lip that’s under/sticks out from the painted fender. That black lip will never be painted. As for the fender that is painted, that option is not related in any way to max tow.
True now - but it used to be. When I ordered, if you wanted max tow, you could not get body color fenders - period.
It's going to depend on the model year and/or build date because in the 2020 model year it was impossible to get body color fenders and/or roof on a max tow.
It couldn't be done.
I guess one would have to add this to your statement - "depending on the build date/model year - that is true."

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is generally INSIDE when not in use, however, I've found my rear bumper and certain other black parts are not black any more. HUGE difference when I treated them with a product to restore the black. I was amazed at how much that black had turned not-so-black in under 2 years. But then - the sun even here destroys plastic and rubber and turns black to grey on almost any part that sees much of said sun.
I've had to treat the black on my cars more than once and have already treated the black on my JT.
You could sure tell where I missed any spots on the black of my truck after I treated it, it was a huge difference. And I can tell the difference just comparing the pictures from the first month of ownership to pictures from now.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
The Sport model comes with black fenders. With or without Max Tow.

The Sport S model comes with painted fenders. With or without Max tow. The Sport S has a zero dollar option to swap painted fenders for black. The Sport doesn't have that option.
That was what confused me when I was looking at Willys trims. I probably missed it in the trim details, but I thought overall Willys Sport = Sport and Willys = Sport S. I ordered my Willys Sport expecting black fenders, but it's body colored. I like both looks, but I think now I'm leaning towards body color since it still has the black edge trim anyways.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
That was what confused me when I was looking at Willys trims. I probably missed it in the trim details, but I thought overall Willys Sport = Sport and Willys = Sport S. I ordered my Willys Sport expecting black fenders, but it's body colored. I like both looks, but I think now I'm leaning towards body color since it still has the black edge trim anyways.
That's why it's a good idea to use the online builder and see what options are available and also what is in the build sheet.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
That's why it's a good idea to use the online builder and see what options are available and also what is in the build sheet.
Fair enough. I did use the online configurator, but didn't see it or must have missed it since I didn't really care either way.

Sponsored

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
So just looked at my window sticker, the painted fenders are not part of the max tow package. They are actually part of the 24S package, which is the difference between a sport and sport S.

JoeJeep74

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys 2dr
Occupation
Service Advisor
My 21 Sport S came with painted fenders and silver accents on front bumper. I ordered optional black grill( no accents) and optional black wheels.
4B4F4BED-F98D-42E9-A2EE-C04A89643291.jpeg

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
I seen the option to get the non painted fenders, I was back and forth on this one for a bit since I knew I’d be wheeling it. Went with body coloured because I knew for sure they could separate if I ever chose to do so
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? F6E56496-807D-4A49-A62C-EE28B685FF09

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
I've scratched and torn up my black fenders and I don't care because they're just black plastic. I love it.
Sponsored