First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Sports have had the Overland bumper with silver bezels most of this model year. Not sure exactly when it started. This is one I ordered back in March.

58C0CE1E-D9C7-4291-AC34-37A4FE19A61B.jpeg
I have this same bumper on my Sport S Max Tow. I am trying to buy LED fog lights. Do I need to get the ones for an Overland Bumper instead of a Sport bumper?

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Mine is a late 2020 Sport S w/max tow. I have black unpainted fenders.

gpwrang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ 2021 Hydro Blue JTSS MAX TOW
mine is an early 2021 max tow built a year ago and it has painted fenders. i thought i was getting the black fenders but was pleasantly surprised when i saw the painted ones. Hydro IMO looks better with the black top and painted fenders. it evens out the black accents. the color matched tops makes the gladiator look too much like a regular truck.

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
They come standard with painted flares. You have to check a box to get the black unpainted flares. I chose a gecko max tow with a black top and black flares. I think it help breaks up the color, and most of the other jeeps I've had with painted flares got tons of rock chips and looked like crap

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
They come standard with painted flares. You have to check a box to get the black unpainted flares. I chose a gecko max tow with a black top and black flares. I think it help breaks up the color, and most of the other jeeps I've had with painted flares got tons of rock chips and looked like crap
My 2021 has a lot of rock chips on the rear flares.

Painted black.

lostdd

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 19 Ascent, 97 TJ, 88 Sub, 58 Apache
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Have a 20 model w/silver bumper accents and painted flares.

This was way before any shortage of parts. I previously worked in a dealer and still work in the auto industry and can say the standard options really depends on your region you purchase. When these are built for specific areas those dealers have options that are most used/selected. These become the norm when setting up vehicles to deliver. I know for a fact this is still used on the Gladiator as I have installed a few stereo installs and what one region has for speakers is not the same for another even though the window sticker reflects the same stereo package. It is also dependent on that plant what parts are available for the build up, so as production goes so will parts. Thus, whatever new parts are sent may not always be that same as previous.

20210424_201700.jpg

Mac12782

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
23 Max Sport

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? 20221026_161535
Sponsored

Last edited: