Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The Sport model comes with black fenders. With or without Max Tow.

The Sport S model comes with painted fenders. With or without Max tow. The Sport S has a zero dollar option to swap painted fenders for black. The Sport doesn't have that option.
My point is that's changed. In 2019 it wasn't that way. Painted fenders were not possible on max tow. That changed in the calendar year 2020.

Some colors look best with black (IMO, white is one of them, orange another) while others look best with body color - to me, blue is just too dark a color to have black fenders or top. When the sales staff at Dewey and Stew Hansen saw my vehicle come in, they decided they'd order the the blue that way after seeing mine.

But then with a son who is a graphic designer and artist, and a wife who is a ribbon-winning quilter, I hear what they say about eye-appeal and color combinations.
Some colors really pop with the black, others it's just too close and the black muddies it.
So, IMO do JTs look better with the black?
Yes - and no. Depends on the body color.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
New one on me! Max Tow was never available with painted fenders before because it had its own unique ones not used on any other trims. This is interesting!

And those wheels are much nicer than traditional sport wheels. What's going on?
Do any sports come with the silver bumper accents? That one has it.

Looks like a HA with the Max Tow, and not a Sport S Max Tow
As HA is based on Overland more than anything else - max tow?????

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
2021 Sport S with max tow....painted were default. I actually wanted the black and didn't realize the painted were standard until after my order was placed. I've actually grown to really like the painted. Mine has the silver bumper accents as well.
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? jee

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Do any sports come with the silver bumper accents? That one has it.

Sports have had the Overland bumper with silver bezels most of this model year. Not sure exactly when it started. This is one I ordered back in March.

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? 58C0CE1E-D9C7-4291-AC34-37A4FE19A61B

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
The problem with the black for me isn’t the looks, it’s the fading over time. I was having to put back to black on my wrangler fenders weekly so they didn’t look grey.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wonder if these changes (bumpers, wheels, fenders, etc) have anything to do with supply shortages? It seems odd to dress up the base trim levels so much. Would seem to cannibalize sales of higher trims which is typically the opposite of what they want.

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So someone please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but the max tow only adds that small black lip that’s under/sticks out from the painted fender. That black lip will never be painted. As for the fender that is painted, that option is not related in any way to max tow.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
I wonder if these changes (bumpers, wheels, fenders, etc) have anything to do with supply shortages? It seems odd to dress up the base trim levels so much. Would seem to cannibalize sales of higher trims which is typically the opposite of what they want.
:Checks Jeep.com:

The difference in price between a base Max Tow S and a Rubi/Mojave is less than $300.

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator, 22 Mitsubishi Outlander
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
21 gladiator max tow. Came with body colored fenders

6D87E985-5292-4BBE-BA88-48FE2AA2F95F.jpeg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sports have had the Overland bumper with silver bezels most of this model year. Not sure exactly when it started. This is one I ordered back in March.

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? IMG_3774
That's definitely a change for 2021 - when it started I have no idea. The sales people pointed out the differences and that "Overland has xxxx and yyyy while Sport/Sport S do not".
I notice the grill on these is still not silver trimmed, though while Overland is.

Great question and good point.

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? 20210829_bumper-2

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
The problem with the black for me isn’t the looks, it’s the fading over time. I was having to put back to black on my wrangler fenders weekly so they didn’t look grey.
This is another big thing for me. I think I'm going to price or getting PPF for the fenders.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
This is another big thing for me. I think I'm going to price or getting PPF for the fenders.
I have had two JKs and now the JT none have had any fading on the fenders, wipe them down occasionally with 303 or similar and you wont have any problems.
5 year old JK.

2FA669E8-4006-4700-968C-A7171F693C42.jpeg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a blue Mojave with a blue top and blue fenders. The blue top was an easy choice.

The fenders was a tough decision. I like the way they both look when new. But the black fades within a couple of years. And the painted can end up pinstriped if you drive through the woods.

I decided I"d just put some clear vinyl wrap on the fenders myself once it comes in and hopefully have the best of both worlds.
Sponsored