Sponsored

Brand new Mojave check engine light flashed briefly

nycbhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Hey there. Have a week old Mojave with 300 miles on it. Everything been great and excited to get my spray in bed liner, nerf bars and tonneau next week!

Anyway, took it out today and within a minute or so of pulling out my driveway I hear a chime and I noticed the check engine light flash two or three times and then went off.

No weird noises, loss of power or anything and it continued to drive fine.

Any ideas what would cause that and should I be concerned?

Cheers
Sponsored

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
could be a misfire, bunch of info about it on this forum, let me add dealership has a flash for the software called (Im 90% sure C37) it fixed my misfire issue for now

Last edited:

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
Get an OBDII scan tool and then you can see if any pending codes are set. That should answer a lot of questions. I have a Bluedriver but there are others.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I vote misfire.
Mine was doing it until I got the tech to swap the plug and coil pack with the adjacent cylinder (3/5). Then it went away.
They also flashed the puter with the Z37 update, which your dealer should've done already if applicable.

Your dealer isn't going to do much until it throws a code and the light stays on.
Take it on the highway and get on uphill on ramp or other incline where you can floor it under heavier load. The added stress should make it lock that light on until it's cleared by a scan tool.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nycbhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks all. Drove it 2 hours from NJ to Philly today and no sign of a light. Will pick up a scan tool.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me where the fuse box is so I can make sure everything is seated? And where to plug in the scan tool?

my uconnect app doesn’t give me any vehicle info (just says vehicle info not available) so that’s not much help.

Jimko71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Thanks all. Drove it 2 hours from NJ to Philly today and no sign of a light. Will pick up a scan tool.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me where the fuse box is so I can make sure everything is seated? And where to plug in the scan tool?

my uconnect app doesn’t give me any vehicle info (just says vehicle info not available) so that’s not much help.
Under the hood near the battery. I checked mine after reading posts on the forum and more then half my fuses needed to be pushed in.

Bobchadwickga

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Insurance
Had the same issue twice on startup within the span of a week. Flashing CEL light with a chime and then the light goes solid. Pulled the code, P0300 (if I recall correctly) indicating cylinder misfire. Light clears after a couple of start/stops and the code went away. Been two months with no further issues.

Last edited:

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
Also check the fuel tank lid and check if it is properly clicked in.

OP
OP

nycbhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks all. Checked the fuses. May have been a few that I could push in further. Made sure fuel tank lid and cap were properly closed.

Have to swing by the dealer tonight so will mention to them and see what they say.

Sponsored

Holy_Crap

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Hey there. Have a week old Mojave with 300 miles on it. Everything been great and excited to get my spray in bed liner, nerf bars and tonneau next week!

Anyway, took it out today and within a minute or so of pulling out my driveway I hear a chime and I noticed the check engine light flash two or three times and then went off.

No weird noises, loss of power or anything and it continued to drive fine.

Any ideas what would cause that and should I be concerned?

Cheers
Mine is currently at the shop, my light first came on at 200 miles, P0300, went off and then came back at 310 miles with P0305. stayed solid on so I took it in.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
I've had one in just under 7k miles. I took a short drive then pulled off the road for 10 minutes to take a phone call while I left the accessories on for the family waiting in the vehicle. After I started back up and pulled onto the road the check engine light came on with a service now message that went away after no more than a few seconds. I was hours from a dealership on Thanksgiving weekend, so I did what I had to do and kept going. The light hasn't come back on, and I haven't noticed anything odd in a subsequent 500 miles.

These vehicles have intense self-diagnostic features and if one or more parameters step out of threshold values the ECM registers it. The fact that it was only momentary and did not return leaves me to suspect a misfire, hot start maybe, that resolved itself. This seems to be a known issue, fluke maybe, I am not too concerned about it. I will mention it to the service department when I get the oil change next week.
Sponsored