OP
OdinsChronicles
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 22 Rubicon 392, 22 Prospector XL
How are you getting that much torque out of an LS3?? It's more than an LT1 which stock for stock normally has much more torque than a LS3 with variable cam timing. It's no big deal for an LS3 to make that kind of power, but it usually makes it by turning faster. Not by putting up big torque numbers.

As for the GM choice. It's a great choice. IMHO, the GM engines are far superior to the Hemi. The only down side is that you need a proprietary "bridge" to get the GM TCM and PCM to talk to the rest of the vehicle. (are you doing a GM 10 speed?).
The base motor is the GM L8T which is the GM heavy duty truck motor. Cast Block so it is a little heavier than the LS3 but on par with the Hemi for weight. Then bruiser makes a bunch of changes to it. The transmission is the HD Mopar 8 speed. I put a few links to Bruiser below. Motor Ships from Florida tomorrow. Install should happen June 12 - 14th. Take Care

Base Motor - https://poweredsolutions.gm.com/products/l8t-engine/

Bruiser Changes - https://poweredsolutions.gm.com/products/l8t-engine/
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?
-
Sponsored

OP
OP
OdinsChronicles
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update - Motor ships from Bruiser tomorrow. Install is schedules for June 12-14th at Zeus Off Road in Burnsville MN.. I will post here as it happens.

There will also be some install coverage on Instagram
- @Zeusoffroad
- @OdinsChronicles

OP
OP
OdinsChronicles
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update - Motor ships from Bruiser tomorrow. Install is schedules for June 12-14th at Zeus Off Road in Burnsville MN.. I will post here as it happens.

There will also be some install coverage on Instagram
- @Zeusoffroad
- @OdinsChronicles
The install is on day 2. The old motor is out and a bunch of wiring is being cleaned up. The new motor is still in transit from Bruiser. I know risky 🤞. Zeus Off Road will be ready to drop it in as soon as it comes off the transport. Thanks for getting on it !!

96BF0F40-FEB9-4045-862F-479F963A3E60_1_201_a.jpeg

8A890ED4-EC48-4CA7-922B-45393C86C002.jpeg

A60E3807-FF8C-4F98-AC10-6B0610EF1D1F.jpeg

BC7C1CD0-00DD-4680-97FD-BAFCCC8AD371.jpeg

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I was "told" by a shop that having a GM motor with a Jeep transmission is illegal due to emissions.....is this true?

Seems to me like the best option is to put a 392 into our Gladiators......Jeep everything, but somehow I'm not sure why people aren't doing it - AMW is doing it with the larger Hemi's as we know. (would seem easier to me, but Im NOT a mechanic)

Sponsored

OP
OP
OdinsChronicles
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The motor is in and I just put 150 miles on it. Compared to the 3.6 with the supercharger the difference is insane. Effortless accelerate. Plus I get to use my cruise control and 8th gear again. I have to behave for the first 600 miles so I haven't had a chance to get on it yet. I'm posting a few random install pictures and will work on a more detailed review.

IMG_2531.JPEG

IMG_2549.JPEG

IMG_2551.JPEG

IMG_2572.JPEG

OP
OP
OdinsChronicles
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the start of my review on the Bruiser install. First I'll fun down some specs on Odin

Bruiser 6.6L LX3 550 HP and 625 ft/lbs
8HP-75, 8 speed transmission
fusion 1 ton axles with 5:13 gears
37x12.5x17 General x3 Grabber tires
3" lift with Clayton springs
Fully loaded GVW 7200 lbs.
With trailer 10,500 lbs.

The install went great. Zeus Off Road really made sure to take their time and do things right. There were a few minor issues like always.
- I'm running a Be-Cool radiator and a thicker transmission cooler so we needed to trim the the radiator shroud a bit..
- Rear driveshaft had to be shortened by 3" and front need to be 3" longer
- A couple mods to the air-box were made to keep my snorkel
- A few things were added while it was apart. Oil cooler, Power steering cooler, etc.
- Some wiring was cleaned up. Battery, accessories, etc.

Random thoughts:

The Bruiser motor is narrower than the 3.6 at the heads so there is extra room for the battery box and other things that may go under the hood.

I'm currently breaking in the motor but it feels very strong and effortlessly accelerates and holds speed. My face hurts from all the smiling while driving around . :clap: Very Happy with the decision to do the install.

The cruise control works and there are no warning lights lit up on the dash.

The front sits 1/4" lower than it did with the old 3.6 and supercharger. I haven's weighed it yet to see what the difference is. I'm guessing about 150 lbs.

I'm going to stay with the 5:13 gears for a bit and then decide if I stick with them, go to 4.88's, or go up to a 39" tire. I head out to Montana for the month of July so I'm curious how thing go in the mountains with the trailer.

I will need to figure out a front skid plate option. The exhaust crosses over lower than the 3.6. Very similar the the 392 exhaust.

On that note, I also have a 392 Wrangler so I'll compare the two as I go. My 392 has 37" tires with 4.56 gears so it will be a interesting comparison.

Due to time constraints we had to pull the Long Range America tank and put in a temporary exhaust. Once I'm back from Montana we will put the LRA tank back in and customize the exhaust.

I'm sure I forgot a few things so let me know if you have any questions?

Last edited:

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful rig!! Congrats. About 25 Years ago I had a business towing big boats, like 38' Cigarettes, Outerlimits boats all over the country in my F350 , dually, diesel truck. I put over 350K miles on that truck towing so I do know a lot about towing "stuff"

I am no "Jeep" truck expert, however.....since your truck is WAAAY different than the original specs - it was never (from factory) made to tow alot more weight like you are now. If you got into an accident, an attorney would probably have NO problem getting a claim against you because the truck wasn't built for what its doing now (frame, brakes, etc...)

READ BELOW, ITS VERY IMPORTANT

I'm a Financial Advisor. Im not here to sell you or anyone anything, just give some sound advice. One subject I know ALOT about is asset protection would HIGHLY recommend you get an LLC in a state that only offers a creditor a charging order (see below) and put your Jeep in that LLC. this way in case you do have an accident, whomever sues you can only sue the LLC, which owns your truck (not have access to the rest of your assets)

IF assets are owned by a properly set up LLC, a creditor who is asking the courts to have those assets turned over to the creditor can only obtain a “charging order” from the court (i.e., the court can’t invade the LLC and give those assets to the creditor).

What a creditor cannot get with a charging order
  1. A charging order does not transfer the interest in the LLC to the creditor or force the debtor to sell his/her interest and turn over the sale proceeds to the creditor.
  2. A creditor cannot force the LLC to sell assets.
  3. A creditor cannot force an LLC to distribute income.
What does a creditor get with a charging order?

The right to pay income taxes on income generated in the LLC but NOT distributed. There was a revenue ruling issued in 1977 (77-173) which states that a creditor who obtains a charging order can be treated as a partner for federal income tax purposes.

Jeep Gladiator Bruiser Conversions LX3 6.6L being installed in Odin Charging order

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can you give us an update on the new engine build?

Sponsored

OP
OP
OdinsChronicles
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you give us an update on the new engine build?
I'm in Idaho and Montana testing it out right now. Remember all the below numbers would be better on a lower weight/more stock truck not pulling a trailer.

- I currently have about 3500 miles on it and its running great.
- Did my second break-in oil change at 3,000 miles and the motor is not burning any oil. The oil pressure is good, trans temp averages 174, water temp is 195-210, oil temp 215-250.
all good levels
- my fuel milage on the highway pulling the trailer at 65-72 mph has been 11.5-12.5. this would have been around 8-8.5 with the supercharger setup. I expect it will continue to improve a little bit as everything breaks in. Not sure what my milage is without the trailer yet but I'm sure it will go up a couple mpg
- I'm still running the 5:13 gear on 37's. 4:88 gears might be better for highway milage and my guess is another 1-1.5mpg. I rarely drive over 72 so I'm thinking of stay with the 5:13 because I really like the grunt it has off road.
-I just did the Magruder Corridor Trail which is 100 miles of gravel with 3-4 climbs up to 8,000' and back down to 4,000' and it pulls the uphills from 1200 rpms - 2500 rpms with ease. It also does a great job of engine braking going down hill without manually putting it into a gear.
-I've added a pretty good size oil cooler to keep the oil temps in my comfort range but the motor is doing a lot of work pulling the truck and trailer so that was expected.
-what I notice most is how easy it is to drive (the way it should be :) ). With the supercharger setup the motor was alway working too hard and the transmission didn't know when to shift if it was pulling hard. I was constantly having to watch things. Much more relaxing now.
- As a reminder the motor came with a new 8hp-75 transmission which is used in the 1/2 pickups. Plus I believe there are some internal upgrades to it as well.
-Overall I'm very happy with the motor and the install. I should have started with this solution!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I wonder is there are any install differences with the 22+ JTs that have the GPEC5 ECM.

Your review is about what I expected in regards to great power and everything works.

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Idaho and Montana testing it out right now. Remember all the below numbers would be better on a lower weight/more stock truck not pulling a trailer.

- I currently have about 3500 miles on it and its running great.
- Did my second break-in oil change at 3,000 miles and the motor is not burning any oil. The oil pressure is good, trans temp averages 174, water temp is 195-210, oil temp 215-250.
all good levels
- my fuel milage on the highway pulling the trailer at 65-72 mph has been 11.5-12.5. this would have been around 8-8.5 with the supercharger setup. I expect it will continue to improve a little bit as everything breaks in. Not sure what my milage is without the trailer yet but I'm sure it will go up a couple mpg
- I'm still running the 5:13 gear on 37's. 4:88 gears might be better for highway milage and my guess is another 1-1.5mpg. I rarely drive over 72 so I'm thinking of stay with the 5:13 because I really like the grunt it has off road.
-I just did the Magruder Corridor Trail which is 100 miles of gravel with 3-4 climbs up to 8,000' and back down to 4,000' and it pulls the uphills from 1200 rpms - 2500 rpms with ease. It also does a great job of engine braking going down hill without manually putting it into a gear.
-I've added a pretty good size oil cooler to keep the oil temps in my comfort range but the motor is doing a lot of work pulling the truck and trailer so that was expected.
-what I notice most is how easy it is to drive (the way it should be :) ). With the supercharger setup the motor was alway working too hard and the transmission didn't know when to shift if it was pulling hard. I was constantly having to watch things. Much more relaxing now.
- As a reminder the motor came with a new 8hp-75 transmission which is used in the 1/2 pickups. Plus I believe there are some internal upgrades to it as well.
-Overall I'm very happy with the motor and the install. I should have started with this solution!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
OdinsChronicles
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder is there are any install differences with the 22+ JTs that have the GPEC5 ECM.

Your review is about what I expected in regards to great power and everything works.
Not sure if there is a difference with 22’ plus vehicles?

golden360

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Jl
Not sure if there is a difference with 22’ plus vehicles?
we are looking into this swap did you do axles also and mind if i ask what the swap total was we are looking into a couple shops right now thanks
Sponsored