BuiltRight vs Mopar bed rails

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR; 2008 M3 (sold)
OK in my gut I knew the mopar rail kit for $300 was way too much for three u-channels(but to be fair to Mopar I knew the Jeep costs too much but I went ahead and bought it away) so I had already discovered L-channel before I found this thread. The unistrut stuff is soo cheap it's worth a try( and I was just in the hd this afternoon oh well maybe tomorrow).

To those using it what are you using for tiedowns?
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ail-rail-alternative.23461/page-6#post-523597
1BC79653-F460-49EC-8786-432A861AF7C3.png
I copied this.. spring channel nuts, magnetic washers, eye bolts. Kinda ghetto but works. I bought some carabiner bungee cords at HD and they are easy to attach to eye bolts or molle panels.
And as I said earlier, yes I do wish there was a more factory looking/working option. But this works fine.

Mini Carabiner Bungee Assortment Rope (12-Pack)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/205584465
459D73B2-D8F6-4FC7-849E-F506D3187A1B.png

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
The rail system is needed for the RLD topper I ordered....
This is exactly what I’ve been wondering. I also have the BuiltRight rails. Do you know that they will work with the cap? I’m fairly certain they would, but confirmation would be great.

Hog1450

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland, Rubicon axles and suspension
This is exactly what I’ve been wondering. I also have the BuiltRight rails. Do you know that they will work with the cap? I’m fairly certain they would, but confirmation would be great.
I

I actually haven't got my topper yet. But I read in here somewhere that they did, and they had pictures I thought.

Berserker

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thank you for this thread, guys. I just ordered the Builtright, $260 shipped. It was $100 cheaper than the Mopar kit had I ordered it from BAM Wholesale. I like that the superstrut parts are easy to come by which gives me more options for customization later. Also, I get warm fuzzies knowing I'm supporting a small business.

Advertisement

Advertisement