Not open for further replies.

kosmos

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Got the Builtright JT Utility Rail Kit installed - took my time gently reamed out the bolt holes with the factory spray-in liner first and then pre-threaded each bolt into the bed side, avoiding cross threading them - no problems with any of them just went slow - really nice fit and finish and they are vertical flush with the sides of the box. Here are some install photos. I plan on putting some HAM Radio antenna mounts on them and other things.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Got the Builtright JT Utility Rail Kit installed - took my time gently reamed out the bolt holes with the factory spray-in liner first and then pre-threaded each bolt into the bed side, avoiding cross threading them - no problems with any of them just went slow - really nice fit and finish and they are vertical flush with the sides of the box. Here are some install photos. I plan on putting some HAM Radio antenna mounts on them and other things.

got that milwaukee utility knife and that bag. I got a 3/8" Surge impact driver. Its the bomb. So are the Builtright rails! Got them too!

Rocksalty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just installed the rails the other day and tweaked the placement of the RotoPax mounts to be the way I like them. They were easy to install, though it took me a couple tries to get the RotoPax in a good place! This way I can carry gas on the trail or swap out for water. Still undecided on what to do with the sides since I want a bed rack...

IMG_20200228_085507572.jpg
I like the way you mounted the gas cans, keep me updated I'm very curious on this system plus bed rack or this system plus a tonneau cover which is what I'm really after.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
... I'm very curious on this system plus bed rack or this system plus a tonneau cover which is what I'm really after.
My Gladiator should be built by the end of this month. I already bought the following bed rack & roll up tonneau for it ...

Rebel Off Road XPLOR full height bed rack (with optional mounting rails for $219 which are equivalent to the BuiltRight ones ... just not powdercoated) I was going to buy the BuiltRight rails, but it was easy to get the rails with the rack. You can buy this rack without the rails if you already have the BuiltRight rails.
Access Literider roll-up tonneau cover.
E_G08647__07106.1569253448.jpg

Literider-Template1.jpg

APTOutdoors

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aptoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Punk'n, 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Dover Grey Metallic
Occupation
Sys Admin
I like the way you mounted the gas cans, keep me updated I'm very curious on this system plus bed rack or this system plus a tonneau cover which is what I'm really after.
Thanks! Since I'm a bit new to them I forgot I could just spin out the Rotopax mount on the center all-thread. I may situate them 90 degrees again but still on the far edges because it would give me more room in the center for something else. I think I'll have to trade out the factory tonneau with something else that has a rail that mounts to the top of the bed. I've seen several options, this is the portion of my build where I have to figure out how to keep a tonneau and be able to close it with stuff mounted in the bed and support a flush...ish mounted bed rack.

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
For those that have this...Do I need Builtright specific accessories or are there other options out there?

APTOutdoors

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aptoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Punk'n, 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Dover Grey Metallic
Occupation
Sys Admin
For those that have this...Do I need Builtright specific accessories or are there other options out there?

Basically anything you can think of will fit. Just get standard T-nuts from Amazon or another retailer and some 1/2 or 3/8 bolts and go to town. I made some ghetto tool holders that way with some Quick Fists. Tacoma tie downs will fit as well.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I went to Lowe's and bought Uni-strut hardware. I mounted a few eyebolts on mine for extra hold downs using the spring nuts I got at Lowes.

Last edited:

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I went to Lowe's and bought Uni-strut hardware. I mounted a few eyebolts on mine for extra hold downs using the spring nuts I got at Lowes.
Awesome...that is what I was hoping to hear. Any specific size or are they pretty generic?

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Basically anything you can think of will fit. Just get standard T-nuts from Amazon or another retailer and some 1/2 or 3/8 bolts and go to town. I made some ghetto tool holders that way with some Quick Fists. Tacoma tie downs will fit as well.
Thanks! I was wondering how generic they were. Thanks so much!

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Awesome...that is what I was hoping to hear. Any specific size or are they pretty generic?
Generic. I have a bunch of the spring nuts under the rear seat in my JT, just in case. I also bought a couple sizes of matching thread diameter eye hooks.

Wonder over to Lowes this weekend. They have a Unistrut Isle. You'll see everything they make to mount in the channel. Lots of options.

Here are the 1/2-inch spring nuts that work:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Superstrut-1-2-in-Spring-Strut-Nut/1000109145

They also stock 3/8 and 1/4-inch. The outside dimensions of the spring nuts fit the channel - only difference is the diameter of the threaded hole.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Linux Engineer

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
This solution was a little over $3 per.
Jeep Gladiator BuiltRight Industries Utility Rail System - A $230 Mopar Trail Rail Alternative Rail1
Jeep Gladiator BuiltRight Industries Utility Rail System - A $230 Mopar Trail Rail Alternative Rail2

$4.48 - 3/8 in. Strut Channel Spring Nut (5-Pack) : https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superst...nel-Spring-Nut-5-Pack-ZA1003-8EG-10/100179881

$5.96 - 1/2 in. Square Strut Washer Gold Galvanized with Magnets (5-Pack): https://www.homedepot.com/p/SuperMa...ized-with-Magnets-5-Pack-ZAB2411-2M/305573911

$.98x5 - 3/8 in. x 4 in. Zinc-Plated Eye Bolt with Nut: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...73498?storeSelection=3663,3616,3631,3634,3647

I did have to cut the eyebolt to get it to the length I wanted. There may be shorter ones in stock at your local hardware store that work without having to that. Also: the struts and washers are in electrical not hardware. The magnets in the washers are actually kind of nice but not required.

Been a few months with no signs of corrosion. Considered painting them black but to me they really don't look bad as they are.

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Did anyone verify that this could work with the RC hard bed cover? I'm guessing with a modification to the RC mount is needed.. TIA

MSGEngineering

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
What’s the weight limit per rail? Does anyone know? I want to mount my Waterport 4 gallon tank. But I’m worried about the weight hanging off a rail.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.