Sponsored

Buying in California isn't easy!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
We bought ours from Normandin last month and it was pretty painless. We showed the sales guy the unit we wanted from their website and he grabbed the key so we could check it out. We didn't try negotiating because we felt the asking price was reasonable: MSRP was $42,505 and they had it listed for $37,642.
For me, there are 6 closer dealers than Normandin so I didn't bother
Sponsored

dh650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Thats why I didnt bother going to Normandin. I wasn't interested in a ****show. The one I got at Boardwalk wasnt even on their site yet, had just come in.
Went over to Boardwalk for a test drive this morning. I took out one of their Overlands and was surprised at how smooth it was; I'm guessing the longer wheelbase helps compared to a Wrangler? This one did have the steering issue with a lot of play in the wheel and I don't like that at all. Interesting how they are doing test drives with Covid-19. You get to go out on your own but you can only drive it on the street in front of the dealer and no freeway. Their prices are okay, but considering how many they have and how some other dealers are cheaper for very similar rigs, I would def work on price.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Went over to Boardwalk for a test drive this morning. I took out one of their Overlands and was surprised at how smooth it was; I'm guessing the longer wheelbase helps compared to a Wrangler? This one did have the steering issue with a lot of play in the wheel and I don't like that at all. Interesting how they are doing test drives with Covid-19. You get to go out on your own but you can only drive it on the street in front of the dealer and no freeway. Their prices are okay, but considering how many they have and how some other dealers are cheaper for very similar rigs, I would def work on price.
My first response was that it felt loose but within a day I was used to it and don't notice it anymore.

It's smooth but it's still a solid axle BOF truck. You're reminded it isn't unibody IFS on the bumps.

Moe Morales

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma
Rob is the man in SoCal! I think he’s a board member here! Anyways, I bought my JL and my JT from him!! Everything was done via email, txt, and phone. Once I arrived at the dealer, I spent 10min signing paperwork. The process w Rob is excellent!!
I ordered My Gladiator From Rob . 5% under invoice

Moe Morales

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma
After browsing the forum here, I went to Rob in Socal. Right to the point, no bait and switch like other dealers I've visited. Communications via text and email were clear and no pressure to add on extras. 100% recommend! Bought it yesterday from him! He is at Coastline Auto in San Juan Capistrano!

IMG_20200604_115702.jpg
Best Experience buying a Jeep 5% under invoice

Sponsored

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
I had an experience when shopping for a new JTR. I found some advertised in Hemet with substantial discounts. The $60k MSRP was advertised just below $50k. When I finally spoke with some one live, they pointed me to the fine print. The advertised price included a $2k (Retail Trade in Assistance HE2000) additional trade in. When you read the fine print, the trade had to be a fairly new car (2014 or newer with less than 50k miles). Also, not advertised is the dealer added options (coatings, alarm, wheel locks, etc.), which totaled nearly another $4k. In the end, the actual price wasn't worth it for me to go out of my way to this dealer. The nearly $10k discount turns out to be only $4k discount if you are not trading in a vehicle. Another indication that it is not of a great deal is that it is still on the lot (VIN ending in 663).

I then found another dealer in OC. They were much more responsive and gave me an out the door quote (with tax license + alarm) over email, which I really appreciated. Price was reasonable, but not enough to be worth the inconvenience to dragging my wife to seal the deal (would've taken a half a day). So I made a counter offer and rounded the out the door price down about $1,500. Paying cash (had money from selling my previous JKU Wrangler). They turned it down. I was stunned.

So, finally, I found one at Bob Baker in Carlsbad. They listed the one I wanted with employee pricing. Just a tad more than what I wanted to pay, but it was much less hassle. Plus, I felt better supporting a local sales team.

Just about every dealer has some amount of dealer fees, so it pays to find out what those are before getting too attached to a particular model on any one lot.

Pretty happy with my JTR so far.
Jeep Gladiator Buying in California isn't easy! 20200530_114323

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Some post here back before the Covid said there were dealers in NorCal offering 12% under invoice I believe on JTs. As for paying those crazy add on prices and DOC fees, I made my best deal based on invoice then refused to pay DOC or add on fees ($1600 to $2000 for tinted windows, paint and fabric protector and LoJack) and every time the dealer caved when I started to walk. I just refuse to pay those ridiculous prices that are nothing more than money makers for the dealer and add little to no value for the Jeep. It also pays to make your deals near the last day of the month. I also see some guys here flying up to Idaho after making a great deal on a JT from the worlds largest Jeep dealer. I think I read he has 200 JTs on the lot :surprised:

Eddieboysr

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a Gladiator
I’ve been dealing with Rob and it has been a great experience. I called a few others and couldn’t get what I exactly wanted. One has a nice gobi but the add ons to me were not worth the asking price. Another I looked at was really base and not gobi.

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
I’ve been dealing with Rob and it has been a great experience. I called a few others and couldn’t get what I exactly wanted. One has a nice gobi but the add ons to me were not worth the asking price. Another I looked at was really base and not gobi.
Was this the gobi inside their showroom? My cousin snagged their similar optioned gator jt this past weekend

Sponsored

Eddieboysr

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a Gladiator
Was this the gobi inside their showroom? My cousin snagged their similar optioned gator jt this past weekend
I actually never went to the dealership, but the video they sent me was from the showroom. It was in the low desert. way out in the low desert.

kmartin

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I was pretty happy with Redlands the weekend before Memorial day. Prices were in line with the rest of SoCal with good deals on Overlands, not so much on Sports and Rubicons. They had a good selection, an Overland very close to what I wanted, and NO dealer additions and no games. Pretty low key sales job on the extras by finance also.

I got the last $1500 off by agreeing to finance for a minimum of 90 days.

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
So cal buyer here , How do we get ahold of Rob ?
Rob Trachtman
Fleet Director

Coastline Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Of Orange County
Dealer 26941
32881 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano Ca 92675
949-373-0145
954-864-5162 cell