Sponsored

Buying a Gladiator in Minnesota

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
No popcorn emoji? :giggle:
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
This is not the 1970s there is no such thing as "ordering" a vehicle unless you're talking about an ultra luxury or super car. Manufacturers do not accept customer orders. Dealers have allotments and they are able to pick and choose from that to what goes to each of their locations based on sales. If they dont have what you want in their allotment they will do trades with other dealerships to get what you want. If you think that you're ordering a vehicle and that order is going to the factory with your name on it and choses options and they are going to build that for you then you are mistaken. I wish things were still like that but unfortunately thats no longer how things work.
Um, actually that’s exactly how it CAN work. Yes, dealers get an allotment, and yes, they can trade for other dealer vehicles. They can also special order a vehicle for you from the factory. Just ask any of the thousands of JL owners who have done the same. Special orders do not count toward the dealer’s allotment so they are often willing to further discount them. Your name will even appear on the window sticker. I talked to my local dealer about it yesterday, and even talked with a dealer I knew back in 2006 about doing this for a 2007 JK. Do some research:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-and-pricing-discussions.7/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...lu-ordering-documentation-and-resources.1631/

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
This is not the 1970s there is no such thing as "ordering" a vehicle unless you're talking about an ultra luxury or super car. Manufacturers do not accept customer orders. Dealers have allotments and they are able to pick and choose from that to what goes to each of their locations based on sales. If they dont have what you want in their allotment they will do trades with other dealerships to get what you want. If you think that you're ordering a vehicle and that order is going to the factory with your name on it and choses options and they are going to build that for you then you are mistaken. I wish things were still like that but unfortunately thats no longer how things work.
Like others have said this is incorrect, you can special order a vehicle and get the options you want, below is a list of codes that when you ordered a new JL Wrangler allowed you to track it through the build process. As a matter of fact the some of the first JL's that showed up on dealers lots were customer orders not dealer allotments.

BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Body Vendor
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have been in countless negotiations with countless dealerships. Every single time that a vehicle is currently on their lot you are given a much better discount, dealers make money by moving vehicles, they want to move what is currently sitting out front. I was just providing personal experience but you can believe what you want, there always needs to be people who will pay more for vehicles so smart shoppers can get deals. You're talking to a guy who has walked out of countless dealers and was actually chased down in a parking lot once to accept my final offer. I dont mess around when it comes to car buying, if you think a dealer is going to give you a better deal on a vehicle they dont have versus one thats sitting out front you just keep on thinking that.
I have a custom ordered JLU build sheet and window sticker with my name on it, plus factory tracking information from my build, that proves you wrong.

On a separate note, I read a rumor that Gladiator orders would open up March 1st. I expect to also see pricing shortly before then as well unless it's leaked sooner. When the JL came out some people had put in orders with their dealer before pricing even came out.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I was just joking about the fake news thing but dam!

We got us a real hum-dinger right here.

If you are ignorant of what you are taking about open your ears not your mouth:headbang:

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

It’s ok not to know everything, we all learn sometime. What really bothers me is being so set on your incorrect truth that you belittle those that do know what they are talking about for not agreeing with your false beliefs.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
What are you smoking? have you never done a build/price from almost EVERY MANUFACTURER? Just custom ordered my 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan. Quite luxurious, but not ultra. =P

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
It’s ok not to know everything, we all learn sometime. What really bothers me is being so set on your incorrect truth that you belittle those that do know what they are talking about for not agreeing with your false beliefs.
What are you smoking? have you never done a build/price from almost EVERY MANUFACTURER? Just custom ordered my 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan. Quite luxurious, but not ultra. =P
You guys can car shop your way but I'm just speaking from actual dealership knowledge. if you think a dealer sends your order to a manufacturer and then monday morning the work crew builds your vehicle you are mistaken. there is a reason why you can not order a sport model with features from an overland or a rubicon with crank windows. manufacturers make what they are going to make and a lot them to dealers. in todays day and age there is no such thing an order going from a dealer to a manufacturer and them custom making that vehicle for you. The vehicle was going to be made regardless and the dealer just allotted it for you. you can keep living in a dream world of made to order vehicles but its not how it happens now unless your vehicle is well over 100k.

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
You guys can car shop your way but I'm just speaking from actual dealership knowledge. if you think a dealer sends your order to a manufacturer and then monday morning the work crew builds your vehicle you are mistaken. there is a reason why you can not order a sport model with features from an overland or a rubicon with crank windows. manufacturers make what they are going to make and a lot them to dealers. in todays day and age there is no such thing an order going from a dealer to a manufacturer and them custom making that vehicle for you. The vehicle was going to be made regardless and the dealer just allotted it for you. you can keep living in a dream world of made to order vehicles but its not how it happens now unless your vehicle is well over 100k.
Would you mind telling us what dealership you work for? Just need to ensure I never order from there.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
It's easy for what seems like a handful of options to add up to several thousand different equipment and color combinations. Take the least desirable color for any given model of car that may only make up 5% of sales, then figure a manual transmission which may be another 10% of that, then all the other combinations of potential options, and you can see how silly that claim is.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm pretty lucky that Chrysler designed my exact 2019 Chrysler Pacifica hybrid limited with S PACKAGE in Ocean Blue paint, splash guards, rear bumper paint protectant, advanced safety tech group and tripane sunroof RANDOMLY, put my name on the build sheet, took 10 weeks to build it and it just got "allotted" to my dealer. Wow, luck is definitely on my side!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If this is the case then, Joe333x, you wouldn’t mind putting your money where your mouth is, would you? I’ll Pick out a crazy combo of features that just couldn’t possibly be randomly built by the factory. If it shows up with my name on it, you pay for it. I’ll let you approve the combination beforehand. How about it? You in? If not, concede you’re wrong and admit it here on the forum. You’ve got nothing to lose, right? After all, it’s not the 1970’s anymore...

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
you're almost as funny as Jeff Dunham, go order a rubicon with crank windows, let me know how that goes. Better yet maybe you can order a sport with the ectronic sway bar disconnect. If the options are available from the factory it means the factory will build it and the dealer can a lot it for you. The factory does not take custom orders i cant believe this is really an argument, keep drinking the coolaid that your dealer pumps you with by making you feel all warm and fuzzy with your 1 of kind custom ordered vehicle.