Calling all detectives

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Thought I would lean on the experts here as well but not a Gladiator question, but my wife’s JL. 1 year old JL with roughly 12,000 miles. After oil change this week the JL was throwing a constant CEL. Ran the codes and showed zero issues. CEL went out briefly then was back on the next day. That same afternoon, the red battery indicator light lights up Yet voltage is showing ok at a constant 13.5v.

Other than the lights lit on dash, there are no other issues and Jeep is running perfectly. Have checked all the usual CEL stuff and the same.

What do the Gladiator detectives think is up here ? I’ve exhausted my bag of tricks and I guess next stop is dealership.
Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sir, is it still under warranty?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would lean on the experts here as well but not a Gladiator question, but my wife’s JL. 1 year old JL with roughly 12,000 miles. After oil change this week the JL was throwing a constant CEL. Ran the codes and showed zero issues. CEL went out briefly then was back on the next day. That same afternoon, the red battery indicator light lights up Yet voltage is showing ok at a constant 13.5v.

Other than the lights lit on dash, there are no other issues and Jeep is running perfectly. Have checked all the usual CEL stuff and the same.

What do the Gladiator detectives think is up here ? I’ve exhausted my bag of tricks and I guess next stop is dealership.
I'd get it checked under warranty.........

The battery light means a problem with the charging system.
13.5 may be low - it may be trying to get more but that's all it can get. IF it's like the Gladiator, you should see over 14 fairly regular - as high as 14.6 or so, 14.2 isn't uncommon.

What do you mean "ran the codes" - the CEL means a problem, it set a DTC or even more than one - what were the codes found?
Check it when the light is on - there should be DTCs stored to find.

This is right from MOPAR -
Jeep Gladiator Calling all detectives 1656206200010

OP
OP
AZCooWhip

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Yes ..it’s under warranty. ‘21 with 12,000 miles.

When CEL first came on we hooked it up to OBD. CEL was clearly lit when we checked and no error codes of any sort reported. The following day the with the CEL lit, the red battery indicator light lit up.

Guess it’s off to the dealer to have checked out.

Thanks for feedback.

Sponsored