Sponsored

CAN BUS PROTECTION

Roklimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green Mojave
Someone prepared to got to those lengths will be deterred by nothing. Sad to say that is what insurance is for.
Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
This is my line of thought. No need to go through all the trouble of measuring, cutting, welding, whatever else when it would just be easier to rig a type of kill switch.
Many years ago when I lived in a less than desirable neighborhood, I had a GMC vehicle that I would simply pop the hood and pull out a “fuse” (more likely a relay) from the fuse box and the vehicle wouldn’t start no matter what. A potential thief would have to know to look for that.
Which kinda goes to my earlier point. If they really want it, they'll get it. I know a repo guy. He can pull up to a car that is parallel parked with cars almost touching front and rear bumpers, and tow it out of there in 10 seconds without touching the other two cars. l'm sure the methods they employ are also used by car thieves. Best you can do is try to encourage the less sophisticated crooks to move on to an easier target.

Part of that for me was moving to a rural, low crime area where nobody is just walking up to a car (hell, sometimes I drive to my mailbox!), and most people have a dog and a gun, and are not afraid to use either one on a thief (and that has nothing to do with political affiliation here, before someone makes that accusation. Again.).

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
LOL on these comments.
Of course, anyone can break open, bend, break, or otherwise defeat anything that you put on the vehicle to guard against theft, but will every thief carry around a full kit up to and including angle grinders, pry bars, plasma cutters, etc.? 😂
Something's better than nothing, and everything that stands between what a thief was expecting and what he gets is a determent and it consumes his precious time to get in, get the job done, and get away quickly.

"Sure. You could take the wheels off and put them in your living room every night, but a thief could easily defeat that with a set of factory takeoffs they got on Craigslist for next to nothing, a stolen Milwaukee Fuel Impact, and a box full of lug nuts".
😂😂😂😂😂

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Time is a thief's biggest fear. The longer he takes, the greater the chance of getting caught. If you can slow him down. The more likely he stop and leave. But if he wants it bad enough. No natter what you do. He will get it one way or another.

One guy I worked with (Bill). Had his car parked in his garage locked up. He goes out to the garage to go to work. The car is gone. The garage door is closed and locked. The thief opened a locked garage door, a locked car. Backed the car out, closed the garage door and locked it. Bill settled up with the insurance company and bought a new car. Parked it in the garage with the "Club" in the steering wheel. Week later, he goes out to go to work. The "Club" is laying on the seat in pieces. The radio is gone. The note on the steering wheel said, don't bother locking it. If I want it. It's gone.".

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
It would need to be real stout plate otherwise I could just bend it back with 'ChannelLock' pliers.
A big enough pair will bend some heavy gauge stuff.
To stop me, you'd have to anchor it at the top as well so I didn't have anything to grip onto or have a pretty thick piece of steel, over 1/8".
Was it you all along stealing our jeeps??? Insider threat ?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Was it you all along stealing our jeeps??? Insider threat ?
Naw, I'm old school - although while adding passive entry to my 2020 I did pay attention to how the lock rods and lever were routed while I had the door panels off.

OP
OP
Darkspeed

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
So the connectors can be popped out using two tiny flat head screwdrivers to release the clips under the metal rail.

there is enough slack to relocate the green canbus connector. There is even room to relocate both connectors if you wanted to.

I made a tiny metal box out of a shallow electrical enclosure , put it together with red lock tight and drilled out the Phillips star. If I need to get back in that box it will take me a while.

I have ordered a surplus green canbus connector that I’m going to reinstall in the oem location. I even have some canbus cutoffs that il mock up a few wires plugged in for grins.

Go ahead thieves enjoy my foebus connector

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185633812123

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
So the connectors can be popped out using two tiny flat head screwdrivers to release the clips under the metal rail.

there is enough slack to relocate the green canbus connector. There is even room to relocate both connectors if you wanted to.

I made a tiny metal box out of a shallow electrical enclosure , put it together with red lock tight and drilled out the Phillips star. If I need to get back in that box it will take me a while.

I have ordered a surplus green canbus connector that I’m going to reinstall in the oem location. I even have some canbus cutoffs that il mock up a few wires plugged in for grins.

Go ahead thieves enjoy my foebus connector

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185633812123
If you make a dummy can-bus connector. Wire it so that every wire is positive and with 24 volts. So if anyone plugs into it. It should fry their box.

Sponsored

Roklimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green Mojave
LOL on these comments.
Of course, anyone can break open, bend, break, or otherwise defeat anything that you put on the vehicle to guard against theft, but will every thief carry around a full kit up to and including angle grinders, pry bars, plasma cutters, etc.? 😂
Something's better than nothing, and everything that stands between what a thief was expecting and what he gets is a determent and it consumes his precious time to get in, get the job done, and get away quickly.

"Sure. You could take the wheels off and put them in your living room every night, but a thief could easily defeat that with a set of factory takeoffs they got on Craigslist for next to nothing, a stolen Milwaukee Fuel Impact, and a box full of lug nuts".
😂😂😂😂😂
Yet we should expect the common theif to carry canbus fob cloning equipment?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darkspeed

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
My goal is to confuse them until they give up.

1. tilt, shock, break, radar intrusion alarm triggers.

2. Light show and the in cab siren will make the experience brutal.

3. cloning on a dummy can bus . [giggles]

4. tazer pin lock locking the brakes - on the other forum the Tazer guy was saying there will be a user setable “ forget pin” duration.

perfect? No. But they will work for it.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
If you make a dummy can-bus connector. Wire it so that every wire is positive and with 24 volts. So if anyone plugs into it. It should fry their box.
I'm a fan of this method.........fuck around and find out

JsnJcksn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
As my grandfather always said, “Locks are for honest people.” Thieves are prepared and will either find a way or move to an easier target. Do you diligence to bring yourself peace and realize that if it fails, call your insurance company.
Sponsored