First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
I've never been a fan of Ford ... and I find their marketing abrasive, kind of like a political add. "Everyone sucks, buy a Ford" .... no thanks.

I find it equally laughable that they designed a platform to be a desert runner and then claim it to be a Jeep killer. I predict a day in the future with Bronco's clogging trails with Jeeps waiting patiently behind tapping steering wheels.
Ford has a "Futurest" on staff. she is a full time on staff Ford motor compny employee. The fist report I've seen looked like statistic. How yesterday. Maybe she can confirm your vision in 5 years

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
From Bronco6G, supposedly March 29 is regular production start up. We shall see.
Ford has a Marketing guy who leaks photos and pieces of information on Twitter ... that's how they communicated the roll out, delays, price and color changes, B&P updates to those who reserved ... it was sad and frustrating ... glad it's over!

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Welcome to the party. I was also early on the reservations for the Bronco. I was ready to get a badlands with the Sasquatch package. At some point I decided we’d wait for a Warthog but as Ford’s delays kept progressing, my interest kept waning. Finally my wife and I gave up and traded our Sport S for a new Rubicon.

I heard the opposite. I heard that the Ranger is based upon a 9 year old platform that has been sold all over the world, just not here in the U.S. When Ford brought it here a couple years ago, they tried to pass it off as "new" but it isn't. It's old.

The Bronco, on the other hand, is all new from the ground up and the next generation Ranger will be based upon the Bronco.

That's the version I heard.
You are correct, the new Bronco is based on the next gen Ranger platform. In fact, spy photos of a camo’ed next gen Ranger finally started surfacing just a few weeks ago in Michigan.

Sponsored

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
After much back & forth, owning Fords for much of my life and watching the terrible Bronco rollout. I have cancelled my Bronco reservation from July 2020 😴 ...

This morning I ordered a Sarge Green Gladiator Mojave ... Super excited to be part of the Jeep community 🍻 .. Now the hard part, Waiting the 6-8 weeks..

1614273459755.png
When I got my JTR LE my buddy, who has an older Bronco appropriately named the Mountain Truck, told me that after the novelty wore of I’d be back driving my 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Over a year later and the JTR now has almost as many miles as the GC. The Grand Cherokee is a great rig but the Gladiator just makes me smile every time I drive it.

Last edited:

Scous88

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator mojave
Occupation
Self
After much back & forth, owning Fords for much of my life and watching the terrible Bronco rollout. I have cancelled my Bronco reservation from July 2020 😴 ...

This morning I ordered a Sarge Green Gladiator Mojave ... Super excited to be part of the Jeep community 🍻 .. Now the hard part, Waiting the 6-8 weeks..

1614273459755.png
Smart choice! You won’t be disappointed. The Mojave is an amazing vehicle, and so fun. 👌🏼

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase

1614273459755.png
I to was a Ford owner my whole life. Got tired of fixing them and once I saw the new Bronco I said hell no and got a Gladiator. Haven't regretted it for a second. Especially after seeing those F-150 issues and recalls. Welcome to the family!

Sponsored

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-gray
Occupation
IT

I also cancelled my Wildtrak with my local dealer and went JLUR (just finished build). These shady bastards kept the reservation for themselves since they know the stock will be limited as it still shows as active in my Ford account.

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
I've been a Ford guy my entire life but the last decade I'm absolutely done with their Planned Obsolescence Eco-joke propaganda. I tried owning 2 of them and they were absolute piles of trash. The acceleration is just a gimmick to get people to buy them. For my daughter I went to the GM Canyon/Rado platform where I could purchase a diesel and a long bed crew cab. Ford only offers a CCSB and doesn't even offer the diesel that every other country on the planet enjoys. From day one I've laughed at all the Ford diehards that don't realize that other than exterior styling the new Bronco has more in common with a Bronco ii than any other previous Bronco platform, cause like the Bronco ii it is built on the EuroSpec Ranger subcompact platform. The Icons were all built on fully boxed HD chassis. Toyota wasn't building Land Cruisers on the Hilux chassis and Ford sure as hell wasn't building Bronco's on the Courier chassis. So it wasn't even a consideration for my 2nd daughter this year when we had to decide what her first vehicle would be. She's getting a diesel Gladiator. To top it off we were more than happy and grateful to finally order our first Hemi powered Wrangler. Ford has now become the Millennial Barista brand that we will all laugh at in 20 years. Don't get me wrong they will sell millions of Bronco's to the Martha's Vineyard crowd and people that live in a more desert/beach type environment but a back woods expedition hard core rock crawler it will never be.

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Glad it worked out for you. The tow rating (3500) and payload is pitiful on the Bronco. However, the reservation to order rate has been higher than Tesla (to my absolute surprise), much better than even Ford expected. Ford stock has almost doubled in the last year (not surprised with the new F150, Mach E, Bronco Sport, and Bronco roll outs) and remains a good buy with Ford moving to EVs (announced support for battery technology today).

Tesla's sales are artificial bud. They spend 2-3 years banking deposits then manage their production to create artificial demand. Even with that Tesla sales are not record breaking at all. Tesla owners are more of a Cult than a segment.

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Last week got a voicemail from my local Ford dealership about my Bronco reservation -- kind of laughed listening to it as I climbed into my JTR....

Just went online and cancelled my reservation.

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
Jeep is much more than a vehicle.

The Bronco, while being a great vehicle, is a Ford. This is a company that has done very little in history to foster a true relationship with the recreational 4wd community. The good news for jeepers is that the potential competition this presents will force FCA to take notice and step up their game.
Sponsored