First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Just an update to wrap up this thread...

After reading more reviews on the JT and with it being pretty clear to me that I would be losing my deposit (3k) by not going through with my LE order I decided to drive another one to see if I felt the same as before. After talking with my dealer I was told the one I test drove had been back in for service after selling so he set me up with another Rubicon to drive for the day. About 20 min in this one has changed my mind, it drove and shifted so much better than the last one. But, I am not going with the LE as we still have no clue when itll be here. So, I drove the one I test drove home... It worked out much better than the LE in terms of price, he could not discount the LE but was able to knock about 4k off the price of this one so Im happy...

Time to start the build...

721B82D9-B65D-4758-94AC-F3218CA27FA8.jpeg
Every story has a happy ending. Congratulations. Enjoy the new ride.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Just an update to wrap up this thread...

After reading more reviews on the JT and with it being pretty clear to me that I would be losing my deposit (3k) by not going through with my LE order I decided to drive another one to see if I felt the same as before. After talking with my dealer I was told the one I test drove had been back in for service after selling so he set me up with another Rubicon to drive for the day. About 20 min in this one has changed my mind, it drove and shifted so much better than the last one. But, I am not going with the LE as we still have no clue when itll be here. So, I drove the one I test drove home... It worked out much better than the LE in terms of price, he could not discount the LE but was able to knock about 4k off the price of this one so Im happy...

Time to start the build...

721B82D9-B65D-4758-94AC-F3218CA27FA8.jpeg
Hoo fucking Ray. Congratulations!

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
A question regarding one of the reasons for canceling the order; why are we rating how well the truck tows at 70+ when nearly all states restricted trailer-pulling vehicles to no more than 65(55 is very common)? I imagine it would be more capable at the slower speeds that are required by law in a number of states, and the lower speed would likely translate to better fuel economy, and so you aren't having to stop as much to fill up while pulling your load of choice.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
A question regarding one of the reasons for canceling the order; why are we rating how well the truck tows at 70+ when nearly all states restricted trailer-pulling vehicles to no more than 65(55 is very common)? I imagine it would be more capable at the slower speeds that are required by law in a number of states, and the lower speed would likely translate to better fuel economy, and so you aren't having to stop as much to fill up while pulling your load of choice.

Get out of California...

Many states have higher speed limits.

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
I have been between here and florida, the only noteworthy state I remember seeing with higher speedlimits for trailers was in texas.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist