Cancelled MY Launch Edition order

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Well, no.. my dealer is making excuses as to why he cannot refund it after it sells including that FCA won’t allow it.. yeah right, and this is directly from the general managers mouth.

Anyhow, I signed the paper so I’m guilty, I understand I’ll loose it and its 100% my fault. I’ve sent a lot of business their way, my BIL came with me the day I ordered the LE and bought a new JLU, but I cannot recommend them any longer to anyone after this experience in its entirety. I asked several other questions and for updates and have never gotten a response other than the time I was adamant and asked the same question 3x...

Ultimately, the 3k deposit lost is cheaper than the 65k OTD I would’ve regretted so oh well...
They should give you something back seems like. At least half of your deposit should be returned. It will come around to bite them at some point. Its sad that you will lose so much money but trust me when I say they will lose much more in the end.
Sponsored

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase
Ultimately, the 3k deposit lost is cheaper than the 65k OTD I would’ve regretted so oh well...
$3K. Ouch. Agreed, definitely better than $65K if it is not what you want/need. Was the $3K a voluntary deposit amount? My dealer just asked for $500...

Aaron

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Well, no.. my dealer is making excuses as to why he cannot refund it after it sells including that FCA won’t allow it.. yeah right, and this is directly from the general managers mouth.

Anyhow, I signed the paper so I’m guilty, I understand I’ll loose it and its 100% my fault. I’ve sent a lot of business their way, my BIL came with me the day I ordered the LE and bought a new JLU, but I cannot recommend them any longer to anyone after this experience in its entirety. I asked several other questions and for updates and have never gotten a response other than the time I was adamant and asked the same question 3x...

WHy don't you find someone that wants to take over your LE? no extras... I'm sure folks will take them. Little time wasted but saves you $3k?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

3k deposit? Ouch! Check if your state permits keeping the deposit. Some states require the dealership to refund.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
$3K? Well, if you didn't get it below invoice and are about to lose $3k deposit I can see taking the loss instead of giving more away in depreciation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NORDNDED

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
They should give you something back seems like. At least half of your deposit should be returned. It will come around to bite them at some point. Its sad that you will lose so much money but trust me when I say they will lose much more in the end.
You're absolutely right in that it will cost them more in long run. I am selling my business and retiring from my current career with the intention of buying a few new JLUR's to outfit and rent out. Guess who I won't be buying them from?...

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hate to ask such a stupid question but why not go ahead and buy it, not loose the $3000 deposit, sell it when you finally get it and then buy a truck that has the tow power you are looking for?

OP
OP
NORDNDED

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$3K. Ouch. Agreed, definitely better than $65K if it is not what you want/need. Was the $3K a voluntary deposit amount? My dealer just asked for $500...
Aaron
3k is their terms and I did not research it before hand to see what is normal. 5% of the sales price in hindsight is awfully steep, live and learn I guess..

WHy don't you find someone that wants to take over your LE? no extras... I'm sure folks will take them. Little time wasted but saves you $3k?
That might be my next step as even though I informally told the dealer I don't want it, technically it's mine till it shows up and I pass on it at that time. If they don't refund it I'll create a post on here for anyone interested in a Billet LE at a discount of up to $2999.00 off sticker..

OP
OP
NORDNDED

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to ask such a stupid question but why not go ahead and buy it, not loose the $3000 deposit, sell it when you finally get it and then buy a truck that has the tow power you are looking for?
I already have that truck, a '15 F150 FX4 with the 3.5 Twin Turbo. I will start using the F150 in my off-road travels a bit more now but I was hoping the gladiator would replace it to allow me to get to areas a little tighter fitting and more technically challenging. But I do still have my JKUR for those times I guess..

Buying it and then reselling would cost far more than 3k anyhow unless of course these new tariffs on Mexico start taking place. I might could even make a profit if that starts happening!!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hope it all goes well for you. If only I could figure out a way to pass out aspirin tablets for the headaches over the forum then perhaps that might help. Jackass dealership!

Sponsored

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Have you checked your state laws on it? Not sure what the language is on your paper, but some states protect the deposit and it can't be confiscated.

Gtlamans

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

I am in the same boat but I’m only losing out $1,000. But after seeing everyone complaining about steering issues, burnt body parts (feet), inner fender damage, and power steering damage I think walking away from my LE will be the best decision. Besides the LE I ordered back on 4/4 is still not here and it’s 6/4. What a waste of my time. Here I come ford raptor.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
20 years ago people weren't trying to tow 5-6k lbs. at 70+mph with a mid-sized truck.
Everyone wants to compare the Gladiator to big trucks... even the TFL guys, in their tow test, grumbled about the Glad taking a second or two longer to climb the hill (maxed out at 7000lbs) than a 2500...
jeeze... they did say they weren’t doing an “Apples to Apples” comparison! Well, why the hell not? Like to see one of those big trucks thread the needle at Moab, or switchback down Black Bear Pass in Telluride! ;{

Last edited:

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I am in the same boat but I’m only losing out $1,000. But after seeing everyone complaining about steering issues, burnt body parts (feet), inner fender damage, and power steering damage I think walking away from my LE will be the best decision. Besides the LE I ordered back on 4/4 is still not here and it’s 6/4. What a waste of my time. Here I come ford raptor.
Sorry to hear that. My buddy has a Raptor and loves it. Good luck with yours. I'm a die hard Jeeper. I heard all the same concerns about the JL but I wasn't discouraged and I've been enjoying my JL for a year now. Looking forward to doing the same with my Gladiator.

OP
OP
NORDNDED

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone wants to compare the Gladiator to big trucks... even the FLT guys, in their tow test, grumbled about the Glad taking a second or two longer to climb the hill (maxed out at 7000lbs) than a 2500...
jeeze... they did say they weren’t doing an “Apples to Apples” comparison! Well, why the hell not? Like to see one of those big trucks thread the needle at Moab, or switchback down Black Bear Pass in Telluride! ;{
Im not even trying to compare the gladiator to a full size truck, they are simply incomparable. But with that said, the 7k tow rating is grossly overstated for the gladiator unless your towing duties are limited to a short tow from your house to a boat ramp a few miles away. I only want to outfit it for North American overland travel with a 2200lb teardrop in tow which is typically long distance interstate driving to reach a scenic off road destination. Will it do it? Yes, absolutely in fact. But the 1800 miles of interstate will be miserable at best. Our interstates are ridiculously crowded and not being able to maintain speed on a slight incline let alone mountain passes get awfully frustrating. My JKUR struggles badly at the exact task but I do it as lightly loaded as possible when doing so, so the idea of a truck bed to me is to be able to bring a bit more, or to at least not have to pack as if Im on a backpacking trip. Once its built for offroading (35’s, winch, rack with RTT, fridge, dual Batt’s etc) and then loaded up with 4 peoples stuff for 2+ weeks it is simply no better at the task than my JKUR and not worth the additional cost to me, but of course opinions are like as*holes, we all have our own...

CFAFECFC-1BBB-4080-83E5-75803AA4B432.jpeg
Sponsored