Sponsored

Can't order the Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover with the diesel???

Capt Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Getting ready on pulling the trigger on a new diesel Rubicon. On the Jeep Build & Price site, it deletes the Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover when I check off the Diesel option. I figured it was a web site bug. I just looked at the 2021 Order Guide and it confirms that the Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover is not available when ordering the diesel.

Does anyone know why this would be? FWIW, the Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover is available. Can't figure out why the diesel would prevent the hard one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
That IS strange!
I’ll be anxious to hear that reasoning.

Redwings1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1971 BB Corvette
Occupation
Sales
Order aftermarket one. Factory one does not have support struts to keep in folded up position. Its a real pain when hauling something and it wont hold the cover up. I've seen a couple of ones that have struts, rugged ridge and gator I think.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, that is weird. Even the current order guide says you cannot have the Hard Tri Fold cover with the diesel on the Rubicon. Other models with the Diesel are ok with it.

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’m running into a similar situation. I put money down on a diesel Rubicon and now they say I cannot have the spray in bedliner. The dealership says to spray one in myself, but my concerns are:

1. if Jeep thinks it’s a bad idea for the diesel only, why should I think it’s a good idea? Something’s up that they refused to explain.

2. The cargo management group has the rails, lights, the 110 outlet etc. The bedliner installers are all saying that this will be much more labor-intensive than a regular spray in bedliner. Ultimately about $200 more than the factory bedliner.

I wish Jeep would at least say what’s up.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I’m running into a similar situation. I put money down on a diesel Rubicon and now they say I cannot have the spray in bedliner.
I say this from a position of knowing absolutely nothing - Is the diesel built in a different place (even in the same facility) such that it's "impossible" to access certain parts of the assembly line?

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I ordered mine days after the bedlier got axed from the diesels. Same thing with the headliner insulation. I was told it was a shipping/weight issue, and that's why FCA (yeah, I know) took it off the list. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but my dealer has been spot on, to date, with that kind of info.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Getting ready on pulling the trigger on a new diesel Rubicon. On the Jeep Build & Price site, it deletes the Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover when I check off the Diesel option. I figured it was a web site bug. I just looked at the 2021 Order Guide and it confirms that the Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover is not available when ordering the diesel.

Does anyone know why this would be? FWIW, the Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover is available. Can't figure out why the diesel would prevent the hard one.

The build configurator on the Jeep site can at times have some quirks and inaccuracies that don't always match the current order guide.

Also sometimes the person at the dealer that tells you what option are/are-not available for specific trim package may not be completely knowledgeable with the ordering process. They don't spend any time on Jeep forums like we do or care as much about what available option each vehicle they sell is offered with.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...adiator-jt-order-guide-updated-monthly.32251/

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
Some of the Mopar performance parts have been recentley discontinued, including the performance rock rails and (I believe) the hard fold tonneau cover (the newest version).

Sponsored

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
I'm in the same boat... I'm trying to order a Diesel but can't get the hard bed cover, headliner and spray in bedliner. My guy at the dealer tells me is a vendor issue, short on parts and the outfit that does the spray in bedliner.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Some of the Mopar performance parts have been recentley discontinued, including the performance rock rails and (I believe) the hard fold tonneau cover (the newest version).
Not true-- I just ordered and installed performance rock rails on a brand new Gladiator Rubi diesel this week...

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running into a similar situation. I put money down on a diesel Rubicon and now they say I cannot have the spray in bedliner. The dealership says to spray one in myself, but my concerns are:

1. if Jeep thinks it’s a bad idea for the diesel only, why should I think it’s a good idea? Something’s up that they refused to explain.

2. The cargo management group has the rails, lights, the 110 outlet etc. The bedliner installers are all saying that this will be much more labor-intensive than a regular spray in bedliner. Ultimately about $200 more than the factory bedliner.

I wish Jeep would at least say what’s up.
I had to get Line-X spray-in bedliner after the fact-- I have to tell you that it is WAY better than the factory spray in bedliner from the past.