Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
LOL.

My friend with a Porsche said his collision avoidance almost put him into a wall, while driving at racing speeds, so he told me I shouldn't trust it. I told him that if I get the Gladiator to racing conditions, it should put me into a wall for being a moron.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Cargo Management vs Safety Group 1e8cf2dd41f6264105eb3854b8afa7a4

While looking at a Rubicon online, I found this picture of the 110v a/c outlet. So yes, the outlet comes with the Rubicon.
Also with Overland (and probably North Edition and Mojave), but not Sport or Sport S. So to get 115v outlet with either of those, you would have to get the bed outlet (meaning Cargo Management). Or buy a separate inverter.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I have a sport S. My panel looks exactly like that in the rear with the charging ports.
Do you have the 8.4" Uconnect? I think in another post we may have figured out that's what gets it added to the sports.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Ok now thats actually pretty slick. I am going to add usb power back there when I tear the console apart to run heated seat power. I dont want it tying into the radio though. Kids do not need to be able to hijack the carplay

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Ok now thats actually pretty slick. I am going to add usb power back there when I tear the console apart to run heated seat power. I dont want it tying into the radio though. Kids do not need to be able to hijack the carplay
If you get the USB ports on the back of the console from the factory, two of them connect to the radio and two of them are power only.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
ACC is specifically sold as full-stop capable, and it is totally useful in bumper to bumper traffic. It also won't let you tailgate, as it will always maintain a safe distance, even if you set it to the shortest distance. Now, it's actually kind of close for a human, but the computer will of course brake faster than any human possibly can. You can just let it drive in most situations. I've driven at least 1k miles with it on so far (out of 1200 driven, it's nearly always on). It's really great in 99% of situations.

Also, my insurance went way down for having all of these features. It seems the insurance companies trust them too.
I like ACC as well but I do find the braking to be too aggressive when bringing you to a stop. That is something I have not gotten used to. Often times I override the auto braking.

I do not use it in bumper to bumper as it disables automatically when stopped too long which I think is about 3 seconds.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I like ACC as well but I do find the braking to be too aggressive when bringing you to a stop. That is something I have not gotten used to. Often times I override the auto braking.

I do not use it in bumper to bumper as it disables automatically when stopped too long which I think is about 3 seconds.
It disables if it's been stopped for two seconds. It think that's stupid. But our version of heavy traffic usually isn't stopped for more than a second, so it still works. I have gone through a couple of construction zones that had short near-stops and it was great there.

The braking is strange. I *feel* like it's too aggressive, then I realize it's matching the car in front, while also reducing following distance. So it's actually braking less overall. I don't see the alternative. I think we perceive it as harder than it is because we're used to subconsciously bracing for it and pressing the pedal pushes us back. Also, I have an insurance monitor in the car, and it registers normal braking force.

One place where it's super-aggressive is if some idiot throws themselves in front of you and is going slower. Then it's crazy defensive. If I see that about to happen I hit cancel. The system only observes your own lane and doesn't predict morons coming from the sides.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Do you have the 8.4" Uconnect? I think in another post we may have figured out that's what gets it added to the sports.
Maybe that explains it. Before deciding between Sport S and Overland, I looked in one of each on the dealer's lot. The Overland had the 400W receptacle back set, the Sport S did not.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Maybe that explains it. Before deciding between Sport S and Overland, I looked in one of each on the dealer's lot. The Overland had the 400W receptacle back set, the Sport S did not.
I think overlands and Rubicons get the rear seat USB/400W plugs by default. The sport is hit or miss, but as mentioned *I think* the 8.4" Uconnect is what gets the sport the rear seat usb plugs. what confuses me is why the sport also gets the 400w AC plug since adding the larger Uconnect doesn't add the power inverter (that I know of anyways) that comes with the cargo management package.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I think overlands and Rubicons get the rear seat USB/400W plugs by default. The sport is hit or miss, but as mentioned *I think* the 8.4" Uconnect is what gets the sport the rear seat usb plugs. what confuses me is why the sport also gets the 400w AC plug since adding the larger Uconnect doesn't add the power inverter (that I know of anyways) that comes with the cargo management package.
Yes, you are right, on the Jeep build page adding the 8.4 includes the inverter and rear seat outlet. Otherwise Sport and Sport S don't get it.
Sponsored