m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Rugged Ridge one for my birthday. So far, so good.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just thought I'd contribute with a mount that you probably DON'T want to use.

This is an amazon mount that replaces the tray. Its normally about $28 depending on vendor, but I got a "new and used" version for $12.

Its actually pretty nicely made and makes the dash cubby a bit deeper and more useful. If you add a rubber mat it would be even better.

But the arm doesn't position the phone rearward enough so you can slide it down over a portion of the glare shield. So the phone has to sit high. Too high.

I'm not terribly tall and this is the view from my eye height. If you are tall it might be better.

This is pretty disappointing because other than that it works great.

If you are on the taller side this might be an option. Or if you don't care if you phone blocks half of your windshield.

Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? 20220118_131133447_iOS

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
What type of phone holder are you using? I donā€™t want to use the kind that attach to the vents? Is there one that fits in the small tray on the dash?
Mine attaches on the left side using that scosche magi mount.

20220105_125058.jpg

20220105_125052.jpg

Sponsored

BlackBessy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Director of Paid Marketing
I've tried several different methods, and I like this the most. Mix of DIY, stage truss clamp, and wireless charger mounted to the transfer case shift knob.
Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? 20220105_125052
Do you have all the actual parts list on this setup? This is super close to what I'm looking for as well.

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10

BlackBessy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Director of Paid Marketing
Awesome, thanks so much. So the only thing I'm still struggling with is what/how's connected from truss clamp. Straight on picture makes it tough, any chance of a side or back angle of the setup? Thanks again.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have a ram mount in mine but I tried a ā€œCarmountā€ in my wifeā€™s Jeep and now we are switching over all our vehicles to them.

They are unobtrusive and easy to mount just about anywhere..The magnet is really strong.

www.carmount.com

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Awesome, thanks so much. So the only thing I'm still struggling with is what/how's connected from truss clamp. Straight on picture makes it tough, any chance of a side or back angle of the setup? Thanks again.
I forgot to mention the Ram composite double socket arm. There are several different lengths, but here's the one I got:
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0074WMQLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

And here is the short (8") USB cable:
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q52495K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here are some pics of how I mounted the socket arm to the truss clamp. I tapped the hole in the aluminum socket arm and bolted it. You can also just put a short thru bolt and a nut (included with truss clamp). I also trimmed the truss clamp flanges and bolt (both stick out too much- you'll see what I mean). Lots of adjustability. I know the total cost ended up being somewhat high, but I really like it.
Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? 20220128_192258a

Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? 20220128_192236a

Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? 20220128_192244a

Sponsored

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
I just thought I'd contribute with a mount that you probably DON'T want to use.

This is an amazon mount that replaces the tray. Its normally about $28 depending on vendor, but I got a "new and used" version for $12.

Its actually pretty nicely made and makes the dash cubby a bit deeper and more useful. If you add a rubber mat it would be even better.

But the arm doesn't position the phone rearward enough so you can slide it down over a portion of the glare shield. So the phone has to sit high. Too high.

I'm not terribly tall and this is the view from my eye height. If you are tall it might be better.

This is pretty disappointing because other than that it works great.

If you are on the taller side this might be an option. Or if you don't care if you phone blocks half of your windshield.

Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? 20220128_192244a
I did the same and bought a used one. It actually looked new! I think i saved 50%. Thanks to your post. Yes, the ball mounts higher so I did some modifications using parts from my many phone holders I bought. I used a different arm with a ball mount so it sit lower. I replaced the clamp type holder with magnet type. it sits lower now.The unit did not come with the rubber pad so I reused the oem one.

IMG_20220306_165946.jpg

IMG_20220306_165928.jpg

astronerd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astronerd.net
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Sport S, 14 Mustang GT/CS, 04 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Finance/Accounting
Looks like ProClip still sells the larger mount for JKs. So your old JK ProClip mount fits on your JT without and modification? If not, what did you have to do to make it work?
I reused my heavy duty ProClip center dash mount from my JK. I also ordered the new version designed for JL/JT, but I didn't like how they narrowed it. Old JK design works great so far. Has lots of room for two phones and my HAM radio remote head.

Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? IMG_20220306_165928

Jeep Gladiator Cell phone holder? IMG_20220306_165928

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I second the RAM mount. I have the adapter that goes in the dash wit hthe "X" mount for my phone. Rock solid to film off of. I have used their stuff for years. Case in pint, I have the "X" mount on my tractor iPhone Pro doesn't move a bit, mowing, loader work, plowing, rock solid. Same in the JTR on or off road.

I may need to look at the CarMount or a version like it for mag mount charging to go on a RAM arm for the dash.

J3colt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
I use this high tech piece of crap that was in my Land Rover Disco for years. It works, but nothing fancy. I think it was $20 on Amazon or something.

20220312_214337.jpg

20220312_214324.jpg

20220312_214343.jpg

ahr6912

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep unlimited wrangler sport
Occupation
retired, jeweler
I just plug it in to android auto and place my phone between the 4 wheel drive selector and the gear shifter.

No need for a holder to see my phone. It's all displayed in the truck display.
But how do you change what is displayed on the head unit, in android auto, the Glad's screen doesn't work like the cells screen. Only the cell screen works to change what is displayed, right?
Sponsored