Sponsored

What is everyone doing for cell phone mounting?

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
am I the only weirdo that uses that slot between the cup holders?
It's what I have been doing, but I would prefer a mount. Usually I have used pop sockets, but I can't find a decent place on the Gladiator that wouldn't be in the way or hold the phone.
Sponsored

Tactical Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
No you're not. I have been using the same spot. I thought about getting a dash mounting option, but I use Apple Carplay and don't want the power cord hangin down the dashboard.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I use it with my phone and works just fine. No cables hanging over the dash this way and no windshield obstruction.

OP
OP
MoultrieGladiator

MoultrieGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Physician
So finally made a decision. Really liked a lot of options but decided I wanted something that wasn't going to obscure my view and wasn't going to break the bank.

Ended up using an adhesive magnetic mount ($13) that has been working GREAT. It comes with two sets of magnets and two sets of 3M adhesive so you can decide to move it at a later time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q9L47H7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of my main concerns aside from hindering my view with a dash mount was the USB cable dangling in front of my screen and at the dash. I have a manual transmission and having to fight with a dangle USB cable is a no go. On amazon I found 6inch compatible cords ($14 for 5). The apple play does work with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0744296M7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the end result.

0-2.jpg
0-1.jpg
0.jpg

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
Just mounted my Bulletproof Phone Mount. After many options, this is by far the best solution! Very sturdy and easy to install! Let me know what you think!?

https://www.bulletproofmountingsolutions.com/

4D886006-C550-4083-9D64-AFF811E6E3F2.jpeg

0FBA0BE5-F265-453A-B4C3-B95093F666EA.jpeg

D0708FC3-7114-497D-9989-94EF5F4DDF1F.jpeg
How is the phone holder "holding" up? Does the clamp that holds the phone loosen or lose spring tension over time? Any issues to report? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

jasunto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Technical Implementation Engineer

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
I didn't want something in my windshield fov, so I went with the CMM + Bulletproof combo, and short cable to plug it in for charge and Android Auto. I like it a lot in this position, given that I don't usually actively use it while driving thanks to Android Auto.
Jeep Gladiator What is everyone doing for cell phone mounting? PXL_20200926_222034133

Sponsored

UncleChanBlake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education
No you're not. I have been using the same spot. I thought about getting a dash mounting option, but I use Apple Carplay and don't want the power cord hangin down the dashboard.
Gotta be honest, don’t like CarPlay. Don’t see it’s value. As such, my phone stays in my front pocket and I use Bluetooth for everything. When not in my pocket, it is on the passenger seat or in the key fob place between the cup holders charging.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Check out the carplay2air module. I love mine. BT CarPlay, and works like a charm.

ikeymay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport, Max Tow
Occupation
DSP
i like android auto so much i may not even need a phone mount anymore.
Sponsored