Ceramic coating looks fantastic!

Garemlin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I use this on my black Gladiator, If the first application is done properly this stuff works well. Not as good as a pro ceramic coating but then it's only about $15 and some elbow grease.
I tried it last year but I didn't have good results. Realized I used way too much after watching a few videos. Gonna give it another try soon.

Froggy

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Audio Director
My Overland lives in the sun so I've been putting a lot of effort into coating it so that the color won't fade. I bought the Chemical Guys Ceramic coating. I've heard good things about them. I've been putting on a coat about once a month. Hopefully I'm building it up faster than nature is taking it off.

I will say that I'm very happy with the results and I think this will succeed at protecting my paint but I do suspect this process is not a true ceramic coating like you get with the $1000 detailer job.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT. 2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
I build wheels.
I will say that I'm very happy with the results and I think this will succeed at protecting my paint but I do suspect this process is not a true ceramic coating like you get with the $1000 detailer job.
The ceramic install isn't where the cost is. That's the paint correction before application that usually gets you.

The ceramic will amplify what's underneath it. For us Jeep people protecting and enhancing the stock clear coat is acceptable.

For your "drop jaw" super cars who want the best of the best... paint correction is required. A high detail high buff and polish will only get amplified and the results are fantastic. Should that be what you're going for.

mbush91

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just can't justify the cost. I'm going to have a local detail shop clay bar mine and apply a paint sealant for under $300. Then I'm going to use the Meguiars Ceramic spray wax on it.
Looking at doing a spray ceramic as well. Check out this comparison video. Tutrle Wax's product holds up wayyyy better!

Advertisement

Advertisement