Ceramic coating dirt.

Jeepjams

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrangler
Has anyone had a problem with dirt and water marks left on your jt after a wash. I spend a while cleaning my JT and probably safe to say I’m ocd on the subject.

I look close it almost looks like small amounts of dirt have bonded into the ceramic coating.
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
Pics?

Water spots are a thing with ceramic. I've read updates of people saying they had to reapply their ceramic to get the spots to go away.

Are you washing at home?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone had a problem with dirt and water marks left on your jt after a wash. I spend a while cleaning my JT and probably safe to say I’m ocd on the subject.

I look close it almost looks like small amounts of dirt have bonded into the ceramic coating.
It is the "hardness" of your water that leaves the water spots. I am about 450 hardness where I live..... I am a car afficiado and I have been using a Griots portable water Deionizer for years. It is an expensive solution, but, it works....
Note: I have never used ceramic coatings, so, I am not sure about your particular problem, just sharing my experience with water spots.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It is the "hardness" of your water that leaves the water spots. I am about 450 hardness where I live..... I am a car afficiado and I have been using a Griots portable water Deionizer for years. It is an expensive solution, but, it works....
Note: I have never used ceramic coatings, so, I am not sure about your particular problem, just sharing my experience with water spots.
Yes, I constantly have water spotting no matter how carefully I dry the vehicle. It does seem worse with the fires even though we don't have the ash problem any longer. I blame it on the wind and my neighbors sprinklers since I park outside

OP
OP

Jeepjams

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrangler
Wash at home, water hardness is around 44 ppm according to a quick search.

Rinse, foam cannon with soap, let sit to loosen dirt. Rinse, another round of foam cannon, rinse, then go over with soap rag, rinse dry with towel.

Not sure if you can see in pics but I’ll try and post some in a bit.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
Wash at home, water hardness is around 44 ppm according to a quick search.

Rinse, foam cannon with soap, let sit to loosen dirt. Rinse, another round of foam cannon, rinse, then go over with soap rag, rinse dry with towel.

Not sure if you can see in pics but I’ll try and post some in a bit.

I'm pretty close to what you do. I use the foam cannon with the soap mitt instead of just the mitt by itself.

I rinse then foam cannon. Then rinse. Then foam cannon with the wash mitt then rinse before it dries. If you want to cut back on the hard water you can put a RV filter in place. It helps a bunch.

SJRV.jpg

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
I have used a CR SPotless system for years. Had black cars and hard water.

Its pricey but last forever with just changing the cartridges.

No water spots at all...ever.

OP
OP

Jeepjams

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrangler
Here are a few pictures.

5E3F9859-78C1-4AB8-8619-05C7123547AC.jpeg

2D5055ED-9570-4247-A5B3-0E7F0773F7F3.jpeg

A2CA624B-3503-4643-BC75-CE4853A44991.jpeg

Cliff89

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator (JT)
hi, don't leave water spots more than 24-48hours. Else it will be a pain to remove. there is a chemical way to remove it though, depends on the brand of ceramic coating you have. just apply a booster after removing it.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
That area is horrible for collecting dirt. Have you tried any method to remove some of the dirt? I'm betting it is just sitting on the surface.
Sponsored