Sponsored

Ceramic coating looks fantastic!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I use this on my black Gladiator, If the first application is done properly this stuff works well. Not as good as a pro ceramic coating but then it's only about $15 and some elbow grease.
I tried it last year but I didn't have good results. Realized I used way too much after watching a few videos. Gonna give it another try soon.
Sponsored

Froggy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Audio Director
My Overland lives in the sun so I've been putting a lot of effort into coating it so that the color won't fade. I bought the Chemical Guys Ceramic coating. I've heard good things about them. I've been putting on a coat about once a month. Hopefully I'm building it up faster than nature is taking it off.

I will say that I'm very happy with the results and I think this will succeed at protecting my paint but I do suspect this process is not a true ceramic coating like you get with the $1000 detailer job.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
I will say that I'm very happy with the results and I think this will succeed at protecting my paint but I do suspect this process is not a true ceramic coating like you get with the $1000 detailer job.
The ceramic install isn't where the cost is. That's the paint correction before application that usually gets you.

The ceramic will amplify what's underneath it. For us Jeep people protecting and enhancing the stock clear coat is acceptable.

For your "drop jaw" super cars who want the best of the best... paint correction is required. A high detail high buff and polish will only get amplified and the results are fantastic. Should that be what you're going for.

mbush91

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just can't justify the cost. I'm going to have a local detail shop clay bar mine and apply a paint sealant for under $300. Then I'm going to use the Meguiars Ceramic spray wax on it.
Looking at doing a spray ceramic as well. Check out this comparison video. Tutrle Wax's product holds up wayyyy better!

Reactions: Mac

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Hyperwaxes, etc definitely aren't snake oil. Their market is between a wax and a full ceramic coating. I'm personally fine with a 3-6 month protection that looks plenty glossy and i can do mindlessly in 30 min at the tail end of a wash with my kids yelling at me to come play

almost forgot, they last way longer if you let them totally haze like a typical wax and wipe off, at least for the mothers cmx and turtle wax sprays

the pics are mothers cmx and a week of driving since last wash (not clean jeep)

85212464-511C-4715-8D30-066F9BCF3E0B.jpeg

D9FB8E21-1A3F-4080-BFC5-CD5357BE32A2.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisDG35

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport JT
Occupation
Health Insurance
Which of these do you guys think is good for buffing out existing pinstripe scratches?

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! 20210913_134802

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! 20210913_134756

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
All of it is legit if you push hard enough. :LOL:

Depends on the scratch. Do you have any good pics of the scratches?

ChrisDG35

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Health Insurance
All of it is legit if you push hard enough. :LOL:

Depends on the scratch. Do you have any good pics of the scratches?
This is an example. Its dirty as well.

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! 20210913_144323

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
You should start with the polish. It might not be enough to tackle the pin striping. Do you have access to a dual action polisher? The waxes you posted won't do much.

ChrisDG35

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Health Insurance
You should start with the polish. It might not be enough to tackle the pin striping. Do you have access to a dual action polisher? The waxes you posted won't do much.
I was gonna get this. You recommend anything else?

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! FB_IMG_1629390983685

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
If you're new to paint work I wouldn't start with a rotary style pad. You need something dual action. I remember vaguely seeing a dual action drill attachment. Found it.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G3500-Action-Power-System/dp/B009OBVRY4

This would be better to start with. Removes a bunch of the guess work and will reduce the possibilities of swirl effect from the rotary.

Start with the softest pads they have. You can always add more grit. I would probably start with this to get a feel for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17220-Ultimate-Compound-fluid_ounces/dp/B06W5HCZ9M?ref_=ast_sto_dp

ChrisDG35

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Health Insurance
If you're new to paint work I wouldn't start with a rotary style pad. You need something dual action. I remember vaguely seeing a dual action drill attachment. Found it.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G3500-Action-Power-System/dp/B009OBVRY4

This would be better to start with. Removes a bunch of the guess work and will reduce the possibilities of swirl effect from the rotary.

Start with the softest pads they have. You can always add more grit. I would probably start with this to get a feel for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17220-Ultimate-Compound-fluid_ounces/dp/B06W5HCZ9M?ref_=ast_sto_dp
I will try this, thanks.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Sponsored