Clayton 3.5 lift with 40's?

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-gray Gladiator Rubicon
Strongly considering getting the Clayton 3.5 lift over a 4.5 evo. Anyone running 40s with the Clayton? I’d really like to see pics and/or get feedback before I pull the trigger. Of note, I am definitely aware of everything it would take to run 40s with these axles, etc. just curious about the lift itself. Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have the 3.5 inch kit. Its awesome, quality all the way. Ride is great. Actual lift is a little over 4 inches on my rig, advertised lift height is conservative. I am at 48 inches to the top of the front fenders

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5 lift with 40's? 553EC91A-BC6A-416F-8BD7-29C07AA3738F

i have 37’s but as you can see in my pic below plenty of room for 40’s. I’d recommend considering changing the inner fenders up front using the AAL fender kit or similar for max flex with the 40’s. I also think clayton’s website has a gladiator on 40’s in its gallery.

you arent asking about front axle mods but also highly recommend the artec truss and gusset kit/full armor kit to help hold it all together. You also couldnt go wrong with bigger steering and ball joints if you really want to get after it.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5 lift with 40's? D062593A-F82F-40C4-A0AA-3CA88600CB9A

OP
OP

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much! I really appreciate this. Awesome Jeep btw!

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks so much! I really appreciate this. Awesome Jeep btw!
Thanks man but i am stoked to see what you come up with! I’m no pro but just had a chance to walk thru some of these mods. Let me know if i can help.

also stoked to hear what others say about this.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have some photos somewhere of a JT on 40's with our 3.5" kit, I'll find them and post them here soon :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have some photos somewhere of a JT on 40's with our 3.5" kit, I'll find them and post them here soon :like:
Thank you, I would really appreciate that. Just watched the install video on your kit. Looks like a very solid package!

OP
OP

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome! Thanks so much! I believe I saw you mention Black Friday deals coming, is that true? I think Im sold on your product.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks awesome! Thanks so much! I believe I saw you mention Black Friday deals coming, is that true? I think Im sold on your product.
We're still trying to figure out exactly what we're going to do but we will be doing something!

dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Occupation
Sales Manager
Are 38s an option or are you stuck on 40s? I was told that they would work with a fender mod.

I didn't want to chance catching my factory fenders at full flex, plus they seem more "proportional" with the 3.5", if that makes sense. I like having a little fender gap.

Here is mine to give you a visual

38's
Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5 lift with 40's? JT1
Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5 lift with 40's? JT2

Sponsored

OP
OP

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are 38s an option or are you stuck on 40s? I was told that they would work with a fender mod.

I didn't want to chance catching my factory fenders at full flex, plus they seem more "proportional" with the 3.5", if that makes sense. I like having a little fender gap.

Here is mine to give you a visual

38's
Nice looking rig man! 40s have been my overall goal but I’m not opposed to all options. Have considered the 39 BFGs, they are probably close to 38s aine they run small. I do like the look of yours though...something to think about. Thank you for sharing!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nice looking rig man! 40s have been my overall goal but I’m not opposed to all options. Have considered the 39 BFGs, they are probably close to 38s aine they run small. I do like the look of yours though...something to think about. Thank you for sharing!
38's or 39's should work totally fine on the 3.5" lift!

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@dodgeman70592 do you have a space in the front too? Clayton advertises they keep some of the factory rake but your JT looks level. Is it just an optical illusion from the picture or does it sit level?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@dodgeman70592 do you have a space in the front too? Clayton advertises they keep some of the factory rake but your JT looks level. Is it just an optical illusion from the picture or does it sit level?
I was curious of the same thing honestly and think it must be on some sort of incline or equipped with a spacer up front!

dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Occupation
Sales Manager
There is still a very slight rake, nothing like factory. My driveway has an ever so slight incline of maybe 1-2 degrees
Sponsored