Sponsored

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Thanks for the reply, but after looking at the kits, you're about a grand too high for the kits not including shocks... I expect this pricing at a new vehicle dealership
What are you comparing the Clayton lift kits to that are a grand cheaper??
Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Thanks for the reply, but after looking at the kits, you're about a grand too high for the kits not including shocks... I expect this pricing at a new vehicle dealership
There are many other options out there that might look like a better value, but they can not be directly compared to the products Clayton offers.

If you want the best, it usually costs more.

Last edited:

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
Paid for the kit. Paired Falcon eAdjust shocks with the kit. LOVING the results! 2021 JTRD

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 20220919_184437

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 1671202794058

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ummm all full suspension kits like Clayton are running close to the same price. Def not something you wanna cheap out on. I stand by my Clayton lift. I wouldn’t do it over.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Paid for the kit. Paired Falcon eAdjust shocks with the kit. LOVING the results! 2021 JTRD

Ya can't go there.... depending on the kit you got and the config of your rig new, you could easily be 10% of the rig price in ust the lift without even adding in tires.. too crazy for me.... still stuck on rustys myself

Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
There are many other options out there that might look like a better value, but they can not be compared to the products Clayton offers.

If you want the best, it usually costs more.
Pretty sure "the best" would get an argument from many others...

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
Ya can't go there.... depending on the kit you got and the config of your rig new, you could easily be 10% of the rig price in ust the lift without even adding in tires.. too crazy for me.... still stuck on rustys myself
So what it appears to boil down to is that the cost of the Clayton kit does not fit your priorities. That's not Clayton's fault.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Appreciate your feedback! Our goal has always been to offer a premium, top-of-the-line product that is manufactured directly by us and uses only the highest quality parts in materials. We understand there are some cheaper options out there but feel that our product offers benefits both short and long-term that justify the price. Not to mention, a lifetime warranty on all control arms and track bars!

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would rather leave mine stock than put Rusty’s on it.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Appreciate your feedback! Our goal has always been to offer a premium, top-of-the-line product that is manufactured directly by us and uses only the highest quality parts in materials. We understand there are some cheaper options out there but feel that our product offers benefits both short and long-term that justify the price. Not to mention, a lifetime warranty on all control arms and track bars!
Not to mention top notch customer service/communication. That can be a substantial benefit on its own.

Sponsored

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Not to mention top notch customer service/communication. That can be a substantial benefit on its own.
This …..responding on a holiday weekend because I was ignorant and didn’t follow directions and got stuck. That alone was worth it

THE SANDALORIAN

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
One thing you could also do is hold off for one of the frequent sales they offer. That's what I did and I saved quite a bit of money doing so. I have installed numerous kits from other vendors, and the Clayton kit is easily up there with the best of them.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Do not compare Clayton to a new vehicle dealership. Prob the most absurd thing I have read on this site. Hold one of Rusty’s control arms in your hand and Clayton’s in the other. And tell me what is better. And maintenance free bushings.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I appreciate you're reply, and your position.... we should clarify the use of the word cheaper, did you mean less expensive or lower quality?

Sure there are both out there.... pretty sure, as a fabricator, we are all getting the same imported steel most likely, you, metalcloak, Rustys, even me for my projects.... I'm currently comparing your 3300 kit to Rustys 1800 kit, I know where his springs come from, name brand maker, not sure about anyone else's because they house brand, I know rustys had diesel specific springs long before anyone else did, (let's not even discuss the lack of diesel shock valving) ... so where am I seeing an advantage of yours over theirs for an additional 1500.00, the price of a decent set of shocks? Is it customer service? Is so how often will your lift require me to contact you? Is it warranty? If so rustys has the same warranty, will I be replacing your components more often?

Just looking to be educated, 1500 is a chunk of change to ask for.....
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems Screenshot_20221216_100656_Chrome
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems Screenshot_20221216_073802_Chrome

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Do not compare Clayton to a new vehicle dealership. Prob the most absurd thing I have read on this site. Hold one of Rusty’s control arms in your hand and Clayton’s in the other. And tell me what is better. And maintenance free bushings.
Only thing maybe "nicer" is maybe an Icon Billet arm and I don't see that as an "upgrade" with a heim at one end, but possibly lighter? I'd say Metal Cloak has an equivalent joint, but the tubing is nowhere near as heavy as Clayton's.

There is an offering for pretty much any reasonable budget. One has to either adjust their budget, intended use, and expectations to match what they buy?
Sponsored

Last edited: