Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Full 1.5" systems are now available for the JT! This includes our popular Overland Plus kits, Premium, and Ride Right. This is the perfect height for any Sport owners looking to run 33" tires, or Rubicons looking to run 35s!

If you already have one of our 1.5" leveling kits and wish to complete the lift to gain a little bit of height in the back, you can also purchase the rear components individually!

1.5" kits are also available in our Performance Packages for anyone looking to save a little bit on a bundle including shocks and steering :like:

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/products/vehicle/jt-gladiator-20

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 20230704_120016

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 20230709_104352(0) fixed
Sponsored

Mojohnny

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JT Mojave, ‘21 JL Willys
Occupation
Sales
Full 1.5" systems are now available for the JT! This includes our popular Overland Plus kits, Premium, and Ride Right. This is the perfect height for any Sport owners looking to run 33" tires, or Rubicons looking to run 35s!

If you already have one of our 1.5" leveling kits and wish to complete the lift to gain a little bit of height in the back, you can also purchase the rear components individually!

1.5" kits are also available in our Performance Packages for anyone looking to save a little bit on a bundle including shocks and steering :like:

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/products/vehicle/jt-gladiator-20

Dope! Ordering mine at the end of the month. Are the front springs on this kit 2.5” and rear springs 1.5”? Same as your others lifts with an inch more upfront?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dope! Ordering mine at the end of the month. Are the front springs on this kit 2.5” and rear springs 1.5”? Same as your others lifts with an inch more upfront?
So pretty much just like our other kits, you'll get about 1/2" over advertised height in the rear, and then in the front we remove 1" of factory rake, so this kit would sit at about 2" in the back and around 3" up front, but again this is just where that factory rake was removed so it sits a little bit more level!

Best thing to go by is desired tire size, so a Sport/Overland model would work best with this kit if they only wanted to run 33s, while a Rubicon would work best with 35s, hope this helps!

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have a '21 Mojave. No rock crawling but moderate overlanding type use. I have about 1000lbs of add-ons including myself always on the truck. Need to get back some suspension travel. What kit and shocks are recommended for such a setup. Will I need a new drive shaft with your suggestion?

35" Tires.

Thanks.

And for those that say 1000lbs is a lot. I agree but stuff adds up quickly and a lot of it is a pain to remove/add repeatedly.

XPLOR full height rack - 165
Bed Rails - 22
Roofnest - 160
Fridge and slide - 90
Bluetti - 21
Air Pump - 19
Recovery Gear - 26
Armor - 18
Bumper/Winch - 150
Rock Rails - 95

Sponsored

Main Line Willys

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I have had the @Clayton Off Road 1.5 ride rite installed for about 500 miles now.
I paired it with Bilstein 5100's
The kit dramatically improved the handling on my Jeep.
I did have the front 5100's in the 0-1.5 range on the Jeep prior to the lift and I am still wowed by the handling improvements and quality of the ride.

I do have one complaint and one regret.
My one regret is I did not get before and after measurements to see what I actually gained.
My only complaint is the sticker in the box was damaged.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you explain why in the 1.5" kits you use the same front springs for the gas and diesel JTs? While in the 2.5" and 3.5" kits you have different front springs for gas vs diesel.
The 1.5" JT coils were actually first used and tested on our diesel JT, and we found they provided a little more height up-front than our front springs normally do, which is why we decided to come out with the 1.5" Leveling Kit first and had the same kit available for both diesel and non-diesel versions. The 1.5" kit will sit a little more level on a gas model JT, and diesel models will have about 1" of rake like most of our other kits sit.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a '21 Mojave. No rock crawling but moderate overlanding type use. I have about 1000lbs of add-ons including myself always on the truck. Need to get back some suspension travel. What kit and shocks are recommended for such a setup. Will I need a new drive shaft with your suggestion?

35" Tires.

Thanks.

And for those that say 1000lbs is a lot. I agree but stuff adds up quickly and a lot of it is a pain to remove/add repeatedly.

XPLOR full height rack - 165
Bed Rails - 22
Roofnest - 160
Fridge and slide - 90
Bluetti - 21
Air Pump - 19
Recovery Gear - 26
Armor - 18
Bumper/Winch - 150
Rock Rails - 95
Hey Mark,

Do you have any lift on the truck? Shocks are a great upgrade, but to handle that much extra weight you would be better off with a set of springs designed to handle the extra load. We have HD rear springs available on the JT in both our 2.5" and 3.5" kits, designed to handle around 900 lbs of additional weight in the rear. Any set of shocks can be paired nicely with these kits, but typically I'll recommend Fox if you want something a little softer on road, or Falcon if you want something a bit more aggressive.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have had the @Clayton Off Road 1.5 ride rite installed for about 500 miles now.
I paired it with Bilstein 5100's
The kit dramatically improved the handling on my Jeep.
I did have the front 5100's in the 0-1.5 range on the Jeep prior to the lift and I am still wowed by the handling improvements and quality of the ride.

I do have one complaint and one regret.
My one regret is I did not get before and after measurements to see what I actually gained.
My only complaint is the sticker in the box was damaged.
Awesome to hear! We can always get you some new stickers ;)

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey Mark,

Do you have any lift on the truck? Shocks are a great upgrade, but to handle that much extra weight you would be better off with a set of springs designed to handle the extra load. We have HD rear springs available on the JT in both our 2.5" and 3.5" kits, designed to handle around 900 lbs of additional weight in the rear. Any set of shocks can be paired nicely with these kits, but typically I'll recommend Fox if you want something a little softer on road, or Falcon if you want something a bit more aggressive.
Stock suspension at this point. Thanks for the input. My stock shocks have 60k on them so would probably need to be rebuilt very soon. I'd like to get some adjustability and keep the OEM for spares.

Sponsored

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

Looking at the 1.5” kit for my ‘23 JTR but not clear on shocks. Would I need to pair that with new shocks or OEM still would do for this much lift?

Main Line Willys

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems IMG_0024

It’s not the best pic…
1.5 ride rite on BFG 285 75 17

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello,

Looking at the 1.5” kit for my ‘23 JTR but not clear on shocks. Would I need to pair that with new shocks or OEM still would do for this much lift?
Hello! The 1.5" kit could work with stock shocks and some 2" extensions, but we do recommend swapping to a set of 2-3" shocks eventually for best results!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems Valentines 2024

Happy Valentine's Day!
2764_200d_1f525.png

Celebrate that extra special Jeep in your life with 5% Off and Free Shipping on all Lift Kit and Performance Packages from now until Friday!

Just use code "Valentine" at checkout!
Sponsored