Clock not keeping time

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
I've heard others say the same thing but I've never had the pop. Just the slow clock.
I had just the slow clock for almost a year. Now I have the radio popping.
Sponsored

flybear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ-7, 20 JT
My radio has done the "pop" and reset several times since fall 2019, tonight it just never came on. Tried a restart and then just ACC....... no luck. Try again tomorrow and then maybe head to the dealer.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I had this happen once in my jku... I found that the electrical contacts / terminals to the fuse box were corroded just slightly. I Took it apart cleaned (wire brush) and put back together and resolved. I’m not sure if this is the issue you/all are having but it solved my issue.

Also check the battery terminals for tight and clean, then the fuse box terminals (disconnect the battery first) / take it to the dealer if you don’t know how.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the small screen, no satellite, no gps radio. It looses 3 minutes a week, every week since July. Dealer says there is nothing they can do. One night out of the clear blue it lost over 2 hours. That only happened once. The three minutes isn’t terrible just annoying. I reset it every Monday on the way to work.
yep, common issue with mine as well. Had no problems at the dealer about ordering a new one. My clock is 2 hours off and usually after the pop. When the dealer checked mine, the dealer said they couldn’t even see it installed on the obd computer diagnostics. New one on the way. 💩 happens.

flybear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ-7, 20 JT
My radio has done the "pop" and reset several times since fall 2019, tonight it just never came on. Tried a restart and then just ACC....... no luck. Try again tomorrow and then maybe head to the dealer.
So after it sat overnight, I tried the ACC position this morning, and everything powered up just fine. Just for the heck of it I went through all the fuses and I did find some that seemed to push in a little. The one for the radio wasn't one of them, but I did multiple starts today while running errands and the radio powered up fine all day. I also didn't lose any settings, presets, or time due to last nights failure to power up. Go figure.
On another note concerning these things losing time constantly, mine seemed to lose more time when new than it does now. Seems like it was a few minutes a month a year ago, now it's more like 1 minute a month. Don't know if that means anything, but I'm hoping I'm hoping it means I won't have to adjust it forever.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I can't believe no software fix yet for the 5" screen. My clock gets slow too and I have to change it every couple of months. Does anyone have the really bad lag too with the 5" u connect? Sometimes when I hit the power button it takes like 5 seconds just to boot up. I feel like that thing was strait out of the year 1998. I noticed a speaker is always cutting in and out too. Ughhhh

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
A week since the dealer replaced my radio and no issues. It’s the smallest screen. Didn’t expect that to work but so far so good

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
So jeep cares tells me the software update is out and it takes two hours. The service bulletin is 08-015-21. My local stealership is lazy and didn't want to even look it up until I offered to have jeep cares call them directly. I get it next week, hope this actually fixes something, tired of the radio shorting and having to reset everything a few times every month.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
A week since the dealer replaced my radio and no issues. It’s the smallest screen. Didn’t expect that to work but so far so good
There is an update out for it, sorry to say I had my radio replaced originally too and unless it has the new software it'll do the same thing eventually.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Warning don't install the update at the dealership!!! It lasted a week, no loss of time or shorting out, today the radio is 100% BRICKED, its totally dead and unusable.....suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up ....contacting jeep cares to reopen my case...probably getting my THIRD radio which won't work also. Thanks Jeep...

Sponsored

almonster

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So when I select GPS Setting for clock, it goes crazy and sets it up for like CET. How do I correct this?

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I can't believe no software fix yet for the 5" screen. My clock gets slow too and I have to change it every couple of months. Does anyone have the really bad lag too with the 5" u connect? Sometimes when I hit the power button it takes like 5 seconds just to boot up. I feel like that thing was strait out of the year 1998. I noticed a speaker is always cutting in and out too. Ughhhh
Mine has always taken a while to boot up. I also got my first "pop" this weekend after a frozen screen. Once it finally came back up to usable, the clock was reset to 12:00.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
So an update..on the update radio was locked for a week then seemed to work for almost a month. This morning radio does the loud pop and resets. So the update fixed nothing and added a new problem. Seems jeep hasn't been able to solve this since the 2018 JL. I will be demanding a radio refund, most likely will have to replace or upgrade this radio. All three radios they put in my jeep of the base model have all been plagued by the same issues. Worst radio I have ever owned. :headbang:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So an update..on the update radio was locked for a week then seemed to work for almost a month. This morning radio does the loud pop and resets. So the update fixed nothing and added a new problem. Seems jeep hasn't been able to solve this since the 2018 JL. I will be demanding a radio refund, most likely will have to replace or upgrade this radio. All three radios they put in my jeep of the base model have all been plagued by the same issues. Worst radio I have ever owned. :headbang:
Dealer is not going to give you any refund or credit for having to go aftermarket.