Clock not keeping time

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’ve also been loosing about 4-5 minutes a week. Guess I’ll check for loose fuses
Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Well...turned on the Jeep today and AC came on by itself again. Darn...it was gone so long I was sure fixing the loose fuses was the issue. Dealer says no codes can't replicate and can't do anything. Time to reopen my Jeep cares case

Cdemarac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Well...turned on the Jeep today and AC came on by itself again. Darn...it was gone so long I was sure fixing the loose fuses was the issue. Dealer says no codes can't replicate and can't do anything. Time to reopen my Jeep cares case
While out of town for work I’ve had three Jeeps with the 5 inch radio. None of them kept accurate time and it was Almost like Having my phone plugged into it effected it. Never have had an issue with my 7 inch.

Ellis2020

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI countryman
I have had this issue twice as well. To me it seems like a ground issue In the radios wiring. I noticed it kept resetting then one day as I drove it made a small pop noise and screen went out then back on. I will probably have to take it back to the dealer but I doubt they will find it this first shot.
Mine did this exactly today

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Any of these symptoms??

• Ghost Touch,
features, modes and App’s changing without drivers input.
• Bluetooth pop noise.
• Pop message “SXM Wait” displayed for extended period of time.
• The radio resets

?????

Was your vehicle built on or before October 01, 2019 (MDH 1001XX) ??

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Not sure of build date but none of those issues, use to have the radio pop but pushing the fuses in seemed to fix that. The clock is still losing a few minutes but today after a month AC came back on by itself. I wonder if the climate control button for the AC is bad

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Intermittant issues could be the fuses. The clock losing time is the radio itself. That's where time is kept.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure of build date but none of those issues, use to have the radio pop but pushing the fuses in seemed to fix that. The clock is still losing a few minutes but today after a month AC came back on by itself. I wonder if the climate control button for the AC is bad
Your build date will be on the door jamb sticker, there's also a MDH: that gives the month/day/hour completed.

Apparently there have been issues with some of the systems, my wife's NAV system died and some other functions stopped working. They traced it to the radio unit and replaced the whole thing but it too about 3 or 4 weeks to get one.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I’ve also been loosing about 4-5 minutes a week. Guess I’ll check for loose fuses
Mine did this exactly today
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Ok I found the build date " 12-19" and thanks for the offer Jeep cares but I already have a case. My AC has acted up more so hopefully it will do it for the dealership next monday. Also new symptom..the display of volume numbers on the radio screen often seem incompletely formed..dealer tells me the base radio and AC issue aren't connected. ( this is the replacement radio from the prior blacking out ) Hopefully they will do SOMETHING this time repair wise.
Jeep Gladiator Clock not keeping time 20201012_185137
Jeep Gladiator Clock not keeping time 20201012_185123
Jeep Gladiator Clock not keeping time 20201012_185116

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's not fuses, it's the radio itself.
That's right. No use checking fuses. A bad or loose fuse means loss of power, not a slow clock. If the fuse connection isn't conducting, the radio would lose power and be off - killing the clock. It would reset to 12:00 and start over in most cases.

There have been problems with these systems - the 8.4 in my wife's GC started doing weird stuff and one symptom was that it stopped warning of 8 mph over speed limit as she always has it set. They used that to help diagnose - found it was no longer able to connect to satellites. Some other stuff stopped working, too - they couldn't find what those were about but miracle, after the whole radio unit was replaced, EVERYTHING works now as it should.
The service writer was a newer fellow and yet - when we talked about her radio situation, he didn't seem to be surprised, as if he'd seen others.

I can't say for sure about the JT radio systems, but for other Jeeps/years, these are a reman/exchange situation. So you have to wait until one becomes available then yours is sent back to be remanufactured.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Well today I put the jeep in reverse. Man my ears were practically blown out by an even louder pop from the speaker system. It was so loud I thought I backed into something for a second. Then the radio died. Stayed dead a good five minutes and when it came back it was reset to factory. Time back to 12:00...phone unpaired etc

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Well today I put the jeep in reverse. Man my ears were practically blown out by an even louder pop from the speaker system. It was so loud I thought I backed into something for a second. Then the radio died. Stayed dead a good five minutes and when it came back it was reset to factory. Time back to 12:00...phone unpaired etc
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Jesterbong

First Name
Imik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT Tech
just an update, fuse box had LOTS of loose relays and fuses. Since pushing them in as they should have been..no issues since!
Thank you! Fixed my problem!!
Sponsored