OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Yep - that's how I feel, too - it's definitely making me younger. Feel like a kid again.
yes, and the added benefit of it actually losing time is that we will actually be younger...
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
yes, and the added benefit of it actually losing time is that we will actually be younger...
My father used to say that days grew shorter as we grew older. I never understood until the last couple of years since I retired. Now I get it. Weeks have 6 days, days have 23 hours, years have 11 months and it keeps getting worse.
Maybe we'll be seeing clocks that have a do-over button - push it and get that minute back to try again.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Looks like a couple separate issues being covered in this thread...
But, yesterday, I had the speaker "pop" and radio crash, reset, clock reset to midnight...
Quite unnerving when pulling out in traffic, but you know...
Any one had any resolution on it?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a couple separate issues being covered in this thread...
But, yesterday, I had the speaker "pop" and radio crash, reset, clock reset to midnight...
Quite unnerving when pulling out in traffic, but you know...
Any one had any resolution on it?
No resolution - but wonder if there there's a reason the unit is losing power for a brief moment causing a reset - I'm not sure on these but most of this sort have two power sources - one keeps things running with ignition off, the other powers the main things when it's on, running, in use. Wonder if the backup power is being dropped somewhere. OR, it's an internal thing....... bad connection and a temperature change or bump causes a solder connection on a trace to give.
As much detail as possible will help lead to a resolution - does it hold your settings like preferences for thing, phone connection if you use blutooth, heated seat or wheel preferences, HVAC temp settings if you have a temp selected, does that change, etc.
Knowing what resets to default and what doesn't MAY help in case of a service bulletin...........

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Knowing what resets to default and what doesn't MAY help in case of a service bulletin...........
It's the bone stock UConnect, so not much in the way of stored settings. I'll double check the BT settings this afternoon, but I believe the clock was the only thing that re-set. It was playing FM radio, and came back up on the same channel.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's the bone stock UConnect, so not much in the way of stored settings. I'll double check the BT settings this afternoon, but I believe the clock was the only thing that re-set. It was playing FM radio, and came back up on the same channel.
Gotcha - well, check that part anyway. Otherwise, you prior description was, IMO, pretty good and should give anyone looking into it a fair idea.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I've had to correct my clock on a number of occasions now usually with 20 mins. This morning I started the truck around 6:20 am and it rest to 12:00. I haven't gotten a hold of the dealership yet it's not a critical issue but will certainly be a inconvenience to have to set the clock every few weeks for the life of the vehicle.

Maximus Meridius

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S , 2018 Jeep Compass, 2016 WRX
I had my left knee replaced last month and couldn’t stroke the clutch. Traded rides with my wife. Got back in to drive the truck and it 10 minutes off. Was out of it for 3 weeks and wasn’t resetting it. Dealer still says there’s nothing they can do. Bull.... there’s nothing they want to do!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I had my left knee replaced last month and couldn’t stroke the clutch. Traded rides with my wife. Got back in to drive the truck and it 10 minutes off. Was out of it for 3 weeks and wasn’t resetting it. Dealer still says there’s nothing they can do. Bull.... there’s nothing they want to do!
They also said there was nothing they could do about my bed cover - until I gathered pictures and got jeepcares involved............ and found someone in the dealership who seemed to know more.

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Went about a month without anything then a pop through the speakers radio went out. Screen stayed off for about 40 seconds. Came back on time reset but all of the other settings like favorites, headlights,ect stayed.

It was raining pretty good this morning. And it Happened right as I put the truck in reverse to leave my driveway

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Went about a month without anything then a pop through the speakers radio went out. Screen stayed off for about 40 seconds. Came back on time reset but all of the other settings like favorites, headlights,ect stayed.

It was raining pretty good this morning. And it Happened right as I put the truck in reverse to leave my driveway
yep this was exactly what happened to me and a few others originally.. now mine is ok cept for not keeping accurate time

GIJeeper79

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 CJ3A, ‘69 M715, ‘69 gladiator 3700, ‘79 J10, ‘80 DJ5, ‘87 J20, ‘88 J20, ‘88 SJ, ‘93 YJ, ‘06 TJ Rubicon, ‘20 JT Gladiator (awaiting build)
I've had to correct my clock on a number of occasions now usually with 20 mins. This morning I started the truck around 6:20 am and it rest to 12:00. I haven't gotten a hold of the dealership yet it's not a critical issue but will certainly be a inconvenience to have to set the clock every few weeks for the life of the vehicle.
Same here, had to reset the clock several times. I have a gator sport with max tow and basic radio. 5500 miles. Guess I’ll keep an eye on this thread for now

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine was off over 4 hours from one day to the next
yep this was exactly what happened to me and a few others originally.. now mine is ok cept for not keeping accurate time
Same here, had to reset the clock several times. I have a gator sport with max tow and basic radio. 5500 miles. Guess I’ll keep an eye on this thread for now
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored