First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Hi there. New to the group and jeeps. Looking to order one soon and was confused on the Cold Weather group package.

Is there any reason why you cannot get the package on the Willys with a Manual? I see you can get it on the Overland version fine with the MT.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Probably the remote start not being compatible with a manual transmission.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J

What he said. No manufacturer will accept the liability of remote start on a manual transmission.
The remote start CAN be added aftermarket, but that doesn't help with the heated seats and wheel.

OP
OP

djteotan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
What he said. No manufacturer will accept the liability of remote start on a manual transmission.
The remote start CAN be added aftermarket, but that doesn't help with the heated seats and wheel.
Thanks, but the Overland says the same thing. When you add the package, it remove the Remote start on the overland, but Willys makes you select a transmission choice (Willys says the same thing as the overland, Remote start not available with M/T)

Gobi-Wan Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I think you have to select the transmission and then select the cold weather package when doing it on the website. If you select it in the other order is just removes the cold weather package when you select the manual transmission. Because it is 2 separate cold weather packages and it defaults to the auto transmission version.

I could be wrong...

Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
jeep.com website likely wrong. I have a 2020 Sport S with Cold Weather Group, CWG (without remote start). When I ordered mine 09/2019, there was a short time when jeep.com website would not allow CWG with manual transmission. Check out the order guide thread here & see if that says CWG is prohibited on Willys with manual transmission.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
There is two Willys models, a Willys Sport and a straight Willys model. The Willys Sport model is a more basic and less options model vs. the straight Willys model.

Check out the Order Guide thread as it gives the latest of what the dealers can actually order and how it truly can be optioned. The website is not always 100% accurate.

According to the latest order guide, you can order a straight Willys model with the Cold Weather Group and the MT. The Willys Sport model you cannot.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...adiator-jt-order-guide-updated-monthly.32251/
Sponsored