Sponsored

Complete noob to Jeep general questions

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Okay here are the two window stickers. The Sport S is listed at $44,625 and the Mojave at $45,088.
The Sport S has a few nicer options - heated seats and the alpine stereo system. But in hydro blue I think the Mojave really pops with the orange accents. Also, I think you can fit up to a 37" tire on a Mojave stock. The only option I wish either of these had are the LED headlights/foglights. The factory LEDs are really superb.
Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Okay here are the two window stickers. The Sport S is listed at $44,625 and the Mojave at $45,088.
If it was me that would be Mojave no question but you might want heated seats in Kansas

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT PP, 21 Gladiator?
Occupation
PLS
Update, the price is not the price! The Mojave just got $1,880 more expensive because the dealer listed price is the ACTUAL price. Anything that's not MSRP get $1,180 freight charge, plus $199 admin fee plus I'm non-military, so there's another $500.

This type of bs just pisses me off. I've got to stay away from the dealer rant, or I'll go off the deep end.

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Heated Seats / Wheel is missing on the Mojave, is that important to you? Living up north, that was a requirement.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
Okay, new question. Looking at the window stickers, Most of what are advertised as a Sport S, the window sticker just shows Sport.

More shady stealership bs?!

Sponsored

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
If your gonna put wheels and tires on the sport s ASAP just buy the Mojave.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Okay, new question. Looking at the window stickers, Most of what are advertised as a Sport S, the window sticker just shows Sport.

More shady stealership bs?!

Difference between "Sport" and "Sport S" is the 24S package you see on the window sheet. With the upgrade to "S" you get power windows/locks for example. The individual dealers have an entire dictionary of terms they use to refer to them, but the window sticker will be the same. 24B is the base "Sport" package.

The timing is not ideal... but if you can afford the drive or flight to Nashville I would 100% recommend ordering exactly what you want, option for option, at the "there has to be a catch" price of 6-8% under invoice. Had I known what I know now, that's what I would've done.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
Difference between "Sport" and "Sport S" is the 24S package you see on the window sheet. With the upgrade to "S" you get power windows/locks for example. The individual dealers have an entire dictionary of terms they use to refer to them, but the window sticker will be the same. 24B is the base "Sport" package.

The timing is not ideal... but if you can afford the drive or flight to Nashville I would 100% recommend ordering exactly what you want, option for option, at the "there has to be a catch" price of 6-8% under invoice. Had I known what I know now, that's what I would've done.
Um, more details please. How does one go about doing this? Is through a dealer in Nashville. I would have no problem making the run. We could turn it into a mini vacation.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Um, more details please. How does one go about doing this? Is through a dealer in Nashville. I would have no problem making the run. We could turn it into a mini vacation.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-to-8-below-invoice.34440/page-42#post-726368

I believe they offer 6% on orders, then +1% for financing with Chrysler Capital and another +1% for signing up with Tread Lightly. Lots of good stuff said about them in that thread. Worth looking into, but I do stress that timing may not be on your side (I think orders are about to close for the year)

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
I think the Mojave/Rubicon have much nicer feeling interiors than the Sport/Sport S but ymmv.

I think the Mojave rides nicer in daily driving. For the small price difference you get a lot more value with the Mojave so unless you absolutely need to tow an extra 1700 lbs then it's an easy choice. Personally I required the 8.4" screen with the Alpine sound system but I've read other people say they didn't see the need. I like to blast my music on the freeway with the top/doors off so the factory sub helps a lot.

The Ranger is dated and boring imo but clearly that's another subjective take.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Orders have already closed for the year I believe according to the 2022 thread. 2022 orders open tomorrow suposedly.

Between those 2 i'd go mojave. Mainly for the wider axles and 4.10 gears. The mojave has better suspension, wheels, tires, and resale.

Personally there were a few options I couldnt live with out, specifically the 4.10 gears (which means wider axles), the 8.4 screen, and the adaptive cruise control. Those 3 things were fairly cost prohibitive to add later (if at all possible). I'd try to do the same, decide which options you absolutely need then use the jeep site to do a search in the 250 mile area to see what they have matching.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
What is the typical order to delivery time? If it's not terrible, I can drive the Mustang for a while, or my wife can, since she works only 3 miles from the house and I can keep the mileage off of it that way.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
What is the typical order to delivery time? If it's not terrible, I can drive the Mustang for a while, or my wife can, since she works only 3 miles from the house and I can keep the mileage off of it that way.
Took about 10 weeks from order date to delivery, but I knew that when I placed the build order.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
Took about 10 weeks from order date to delivery, but I knew that when I placed the build order.
10 weeks is nothing. as Long as it isn't 16 weeks. So, Daniel at Gupton Jeep has the hook up?

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
Ok, so I went back to the guy with the sport S, and offered right at $41K. he said there's no way he can do that. Was my offer unreasonable?
Sponsored