Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I interpret the right side to read: "Look out for giant red fuel cans as tall as your bed whenever you back up in your windowless truck."
Jeep Gladiator Confession card00152_fr
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
P68403789AA that's what the qr code comes up with. Just a part number.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
P68403789AA that's what the qr code comes up with. Just a part number.
makes sense since for a while, decals had bar codes along with the part number. Now it's the modern version - the QR code.

I was trying to find examples in my Jeep stuff but apparently lost those scans when my other laptop fried.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
It’s telling me once the nozzle is inserted, push down on the back end of the handle. Fill for 10 seconds then lift out. The Jerry can is a reminder that when you run out of that 10 second gas, you’ll need plan B

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
As I'm concerned about gorebull swarming, and my carpet footstep, I shake my nozzle for a full seven minutes prior to removal, then carefully wipe any residue. For my Earth Mother!

download (3).jpg

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
"While it may be “theoretically possible for a spark from a cell phone battery to ignite gas vapor,” the FCC concludes the potential threat is remote."

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/...ell-phone-at-the-gas-station-can-cause-a-fire

My earbuds have shocked me when I've put them into my ears before. Cell phones and their peripherals operate using electricity. The chance of ignition is definitely remote, but it's not zero.
I did my thesis years ago on the impact of urban legends on regulatory agencies. Its a very real problem. There is a lot of unfounded speculation and trash science that leads to excessive, overly restrictive legislation, especially in the name of safety. A couple other examples that are starting to gain traction in getting reversed:

• Cell phones causing instrument interference in aircraft. I'm actually a Aerospace Engineer, so this was one of the biggest for me. It just doesn't happen. Aircraft avionics are sensitive, but cell phones are not that powerful. Not to mention the minimal overlap in frequency bands.
  • You know those drip-proof gas cans? That was a California invention with a baseless claim that the mechanism prevents spillage and dripping. In fact, some studies suggest its worse. Other states and the DOT jumped on CA's bandwagon when they assumed they actually vetted the invention. Requirements are slowly being rolled back.
  • I won't even get in to the specifics of ethanol emissions, as the conversation will devolve into a environmental war.

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
So OVERLORD..........................you call yours a nozzle. Interesting.
I'm pretty sure the "instructions" are for millennials. . . . . Because if you need instructions to put gas in your gas tank, you "do not" need to be driving.

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
I'm pretty sure the "instructions" are for millennials. . . . . Because if you need instructions to put gas in your gas tank, you "do not" need to be driving.
I knew adults from New Jersey that had never put gas into their own cars. Combine that with people from Manhattan that have never driven and well....

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Why do people keep calling the young gen-x'ers "millennials". My son graduated in 2000. Trust me, he drives a stick, can drive a truck, tractor, do his oil oil changes, change a flat, etc.
Those people are now in their late 30s.

I'm more concerned about those under 30. Even my son says "they just can't work together in person, they are so used to interacting isolated on their phones".

The instructions are for anyone living today because I've seen 60 year olds and 40 year olds gripe about things that happen at the gas pump because they get in a hurry, don't think, etc. Those issues are ageless.
Then we have the fact that the JT seems to have some issues at times anyway.......... and people keep feathering the trigger to get that 22 gallons in and destroy the carbon canister, and so on.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I knew adults from New Jersey that had never put gas into their own cars. Combine that with people from Manhattan that have never driven and well....
Snot my nozzle, it's at the hydrocarbon resupply facility.

Their termignoni, not mines.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do people keep calling the young gen-x'ers "millennials". My son graduated in 2000. Trust me, he drives a stick, can drive a truck, tractor, do his oil oil changes, change a flat, etc.
Those people are now in their late 30s.

I'm more concerned about those under 30. Even my son says "they just can't work together in person, they are so used to interacting isolated on their phones".

The instructions are for anyone living today because I've seen 60 year olds and 40 year olds gripe about things that happen at the gas pump because they get in a hurry, don't think, etc. Those issues are ageless.
Then we have the fact that the JT seems to have some issues at times anyway.......... and people keep feathering the trigger to get that 22 gallons in and destroy the carbon canister, and so on.
Each time someone comments on "Destroying the Carbon Canasta", it makes my knees come together, I'm working on it. It's a twelve step process, I'm almost to three, close, nearby, and I'm hopeful.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Great news! I am following these instructions to the T. I dont pull out for a full 10 seconds and my avg mpg is now officially over 20mpg.

Formula For success.
37s check
3” lift check
4:88 gears check
and
Do NOT ...repeat do NOT pull your nozzle out until it’s been in for the FULL 10 seconds.
Sponsored