First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Yes, let's throw out insults to one of our respected, senior board members. Who the f%ck cares what you think about a Ridgeline or a f%cking Maverick. Nobody cares. We all (for the most part) drive Gladiators so who the f%ck cares whether it's a true truck or not. Just drive your damn truck the way you want and if you want a f%cking Maverick, go down to your exotic Albuquerque Ford dealership and order one.
okay and cussing fixes the problem?? I’ve never had a problem with ShawdowPapa but I disagree with a lot of stuff he says. I’m not the only one but that’s okay. We can all disagree and get a long right?? And if he’s a senior board member I guess they never do anything wrong….I guess that’s how American Politics have gotten so bad. Never question always loyal…
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I’ve owned a Gladiator and a Ridgeline and was simply giving my thoughts on them both. I said I originally wanted a Maverick since it’s built similar to the Ridgeline. But availability and price made it difficult to buy one as they are flying off the shelves. Which someone asked if there selling more then the Gladiator. I said probably not in volume but availability yes. I know it’s hard to read at your old age but does provide context.
They might be flying off the shelves (Mavericks), but I live in Albuquerque too, and I see very few. Maybe it's a regional thing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They might be flying off the shelves (Mavericks), but I live in Albuquerque too, and I see very few. Maybe it's a regional thing.
Most of the time it is - a regional thing. You will never see massive Gladiator populations here. People are farmers, builders, construction workers and so on and need full-size trucks. You need to haul big heavy things here. Full size trucks are everywhere, dealers stock them more than cars.
Look at the farms here - people buy Chevy trucks most of all (Silverado is king here) then Ford, then RAM. Although it's not that far apart between those 3.

The Grand Cherokee is the official vehicle of the Des Moines area, according to my wife's count.

I guess in Iowa, with no real shortage of land, dealers for the most part aren't necessarily land-locked so up to this point, they haven't started keeping their cars and trucks on shelves........ I can see that in NY or even in Korea where land is at a premium and even Walmarts are 2 and 3 story buildings. Maybe they keep Kias on shelves there - I didn't pay attention to the car dealerships. Frankly, I can't even say I saw any.......... hmmm.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I've seen a Maverick every once in a while but still pretty rare in my area.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I just saw a maverick up close today. Actually pretty nice. It's about the size a midsize truck should be. I think it looks pretty good! But, I'll keep my gladiator. When I saw it, my roof was off, and my doors were off, and for once I was using it as a truck, with a full bed, all at the same time. Could I do that on the Maverick? Yes. But not with the roof and doors off.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
The best review that I read early on (before I got my JT) was a writer complaining that the cabin in the Gladiator is hot when it’s 90*+ out…and the doors are removed. 🤣

The clown also said something about the A/C not being able to keep up In those conditions. 💩

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I just saw a maverick up close today. Actually pretty nice. It's about the size a midsize truck should be. I think it looks pretty good! But, I'll keep my gladiator. When I saw it, my roof was off, and my doors were off, and for once I was using it as a truck, with a full bed, all at the same time. Could I do that on the Maverick? Yes. But not with the roof and doors off.
They're all over the place around here. They'd be a solid commuter for people who still need a small pickup given the bed is the same size as the Gladiator and you can haul more than a Tacoma. I'd 100% buy one once Ford gets a full electric out and has shown it's somewhat reliable but I'm not sure that will ever happen. I said the same thing about the new Defender and... yeah.

I thought the Ford Maverick was a low cost two door car. Maybe that's an old memory from about forty years ago....
I'm guessing they didn't want to reuse Courier since it was a European model for years based on the fiesta platform. The Maverick is on the Transit Connect platform that was shared with the Focus before it got the axe.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They're all over the place around here. They'd be a solid commuter for people who still need a small pickup given the bed is the same size as the Gladiator and you can haul more than a Tacoma. I'd 100% buy one once Ford gets a full electric out and has shown it's somewhat reliable but I'm not sure that will ever happen. I said the same thing about the new Defender and... yeah.

I'm guessing they didn't want to reuse Courier since it was a European model for years based on the fiesta platform. The Maverick is on the Transit Connect platform that was shared with the Focus before it got the axe.
The Courier of Europe was a panel van. The Courier of the USA was a small pickup made for Ford by Mazda. In Brazil the Courier was a small pickup.
Couriers used to be fairly common around here (the pickup version) - replaced later by Ranger

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The Courier of Europe was a panel van. The Courier of the USA was a small pickup made for Ford by Mazda. In Brazil the Courier was a small pickup.
Couriers used to be fairly common around here (the pickup version) - replaced later by Ranger
Seems you are correct. I was only familiar with the dinky little pickup and the original US model. Though it seems both Brazil and Europe are still based off the Fiesta

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Seems you are correct. I was only familiar with the dinky little pickup and the original US model. Though it seems both Brazil and Europe are still based off the Fiesta
I've always found it interesting that with some of the companies, Ford especially, they seem to operate semi-independently in other countries. It's similar to how VAM was. They didn't really go out of their way to deviate, but the names of some models were changed, the 2 doors became 4 and so on.
Kia licensing the rights to build a version of the Gladiator - the original one, is cool.

TennisChic

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
If the first thing you tell people about your vehicle is how good the gas mileage is...you don't like what you're driving...ijs. I love my Jeep and doing Jeep things... LoL!!

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
This is a good example for that you get wrong answers to wrong questions!

Yup, correct. From all the midsize fully, convertible 4 removable door double cab with a full trailtated 4x4 drivetrain and a 80 year history it is the worst truck.
In this segment

iIt is also the only one.

That means it is also the best in this segment.

They got the headline wrong.
And The Test.
And the results….

Btw: What is a subaru?

just saying….

59F2AC82-D9EF-4521-A285-312A9E5DF6A0.jpeg
Sponsored