First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
MotorBiscuit: Consumer Reports and J.D. Power Agree on the Worst Midsize Truck.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-j-d-power-agree-worst-midsize-truck/

Only things I agree with in this article are the fuel efficiency should be better and the steering needs improvement as well. But I would never buy a Ridgeline, no matter how many great reviews it gets. I believe in buying American and nothing is as fun as a Jeep! 🇺🇸
Okay! It's out in the open. Consumer Reports SUCKS. There is No Honda that they don't love. Ever drive a Fit. Their best small car. Hate it. My neighbor leased a Ridgeline. Hates it. Can't wait for the lease to expire. People, don't buy a Brick for comfort and economy. They buy it for originality.
We owned 6 Hyundai's and 3 Kia's. Awesome cars. Look back at what CR reported on those cars.
My dealer replaced the steering dampener and bolt(?). My steering is now driveable. Stick Cr in their ear. Buy what you want to drive.
Sponsored

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
That's what happens when you rate a car based on static performance metrics and not doing any qualitative/objective research. Personally, I bought my Gladiator specifically FOR the wind noise. Gladiator is literally the only midsize truck i'd buy because it makes up for all the compromises of a midsize truck by being a Jeep. If it wasnt for the Gladiator, I'd have a JL and would have kept my F150 for truck stuff. Other midsize trucks just plain suck.
20220613_125854.jpg
Off topic…. But what mesh top do you have? Do you recommend it?
Read your post and the first thing I thought of is some sort of a cheat code for a super nintendo game lol

Up, down, up, down, left, right, A, B, A.

Back to the thread discussion.

Brewer96

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Brewer and Woodworker
Oh well. Guess they just don't get Jeeps. Have the Jeep for fun and enjoyment. I keep a Ram 2500 for all my big truck jobs. Don't give a flying fudge about the reviews.

Tomentose

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Please kill this thread as anyone reading it has a Gladiator and all it will do is make people pissed and somehow it will be a 30 pages of bull$%&t with no end . We all did our research and knew what we were getting . It's a Fiat, Chrysler Jeep " thing" so there's gonna be some issues . I got it cause I wanted it with it's loose steering box gear , horrible wind noise , death defying driving in the hard wind prowess , The derating when hot ETC ETC ETC ................ . I paid 63 grand for a potential sh$! show of issues and did it knowingly and would do it again and most of would again so don't be afraid of jd or biscuit they're haters the Jeep aint that bad .
i logged in specifically to reply "This" lol

Sponsored

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JT Mojave, '22 WL75 Overland, 21' BMW M1000RR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase

I have the Mopar one. Its high quality / solid. But you cannot leave it on with the hardtop like some others. Im going to get a different one eventually for that reason. Its a pain to take it on and off every time I take the top off.

3213JT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Max Tow Gobi JT
Occupation
USAF / Retired LEO / Volunteer
Had Wranglers for years, wanted to get back into a truck. I drove some of those other guys, nice trucks but they weren’t Jeeps…….. Thanks Jeep for giving us the Gladiator, problem solved!

Niccolo

First Name
Niccolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Semi-retired
Okay! It's out in the open. Consumer Reports SUCKS. There is No Honda that they don't love. Ever drive a Fit. Their best small car. Hate it. My neighbor leased a Ridgeline. Hates it. Can't wait for the lease to expire. People, don't buy a Brick for comfort and economy. They buy it for originality.
We owned 6 Hyundai's and 3 Kia's. Awesome cars. Look back at what CR reported on those cars.
My dealer replaced the steering dampener and bolt(?). My steering is now driveable. Stick Cr in their ear. Buy what you want to drive.
I gave up on Consumer Reports on automobiles decades ago. They approach automobiles the same way Puritans approach sex: transactional, procreation for the later and transportation for the former — absolutely no style or fun allowed.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-j-d-power-agree-worst-midsize-truck/

Only things I agree with in this article are the fuel efficiency should be better and the steering needs improvement as well. But I would never buy a Ridgeline, no matter how many great reviews it gets. I believe in buying American and nothing is as fun as a Jeep! 🇺🇸
I gave up on Consumer Reports on automobiles decades ago. They approach vehicles the exact same way Puritans approach sex: strictly transactional, transportation for the former, procreation for the latter — absolutely no style or fun allowed.

Sponsored