First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator overland
Occupation
Low voltage VP
I highly doubt it's due to caster. Just retorque the suspension yourself instead of running through hoops with the dealer. I had death wobble once on my icon lift and mopar lcas. Track bar got loose after initial installation. Nothing since retorque. Doubt it's the engineering of the kit.
It’s been retorqued and paint marked 4 times now
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
It’s been retorqued and paint marked 4 times now
You're really down to just a few choices.
You mention mechanic experience and knowledge. If so, and you're able, go through everything yourself. There are published torque specs on this forum.

Or...

Find another dealer and see if they'll have a go at it.

Or...

Find an independent shop and pay them to fix it.

Or...

Keep trying the same thing and expecting different results with the dealer you've been losing with.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Has a dry steering test been done?

Have the tires been rotated to see if the wobble changes?

Sponsored

Rat

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Retired
For what it's worth, my 21 Sport S started a death wobble around 10K miles. Every time I would drive it, the wobble would start up with the least bump in the road.

Took it to the dealer and they discovered that the stabilizer was installed wrong. Don't know if it was done at the factory or done as an update while it was at the dealer where I purchased it.

They installed a new stabilizer by the book and it has been trouble free for 20k miles. It may be a common problem that is being overlooked.

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
...13k flawless miles then this...
Maybe is the rubber bushings in the control arms? Just curious if you crawled under the truck yourself and checked everything personally.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello all. Just wanted to add my info in the DW research list. Bought my completely stock 2022 JT diesel from Gupton and drove home to Miami, Fl. I had DW out the gate on the highway mostly at the speed range of 70-75 mph. It seemed to lessen as I got to warmer weather as it was still snow on the ground inTN when I bought it.
I have stock tires and rims. No lift. Was brand new when picked up. Have not had much issue till this week.
Drive from Miami to N. C., DW occurred multiple times and I can repeat it if necessary. It now occurs in a speed range of 64 and up. It is also taking a greater slow down to get it to stop shaking. What is interesting is it does not transmit a lot to the steering wheel.
Not going to be able to get it checked as I have to drive to upper state N. Y. And will just keep the speed low.
just thought this my help with the diagnosis. Don’t know if @JeepCares watches these threads but it may help them too.
Thank you for tagging us. We'd be happy to discuss your concerns further via private message. Please send us more details there when you're able.

Kate
Jeep Cares

2doxieLisa

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Looking for input on my gladiator. Been at dealer 5 times now they have replaced track bar, steering box, drag link, Pittman arm. Re torqued everything and re aligned multiple times. And a new fox steering stabilizer.

mopar lift

they added an aftermarket control arm drop bracket to attempt to remedy the problem but it caused weird drivability issues like bump steer and a awkward double rebound bounce over smaller bumps like expansion joints.

I explicitly explained to the dealer to remove the aftermarket part since it didn’t belong on the jeep engineered kit, and they tried to just put it on again and told me to deal with it. I refused the part because “legally” if it causes a crash and I kill someone because if it they will tel me to kick rocks because it was aftermarket. Also, why did it work perfectly for 13k miles and magically now it does not. Something’s just not right and they can’t figure it out.
Holy cow I’ve seen the discussions on here about the “death wobble” but seeing the video is horrifying…so sorry and be careful :surprised:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pcasp3

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator overland
Occupation
Low voltage VP
Holy cow I’ve seen the discussions on here about the “death wobble” but seeing the video is horrifying…so sorry and be careful :surprised:
That’s not even a bad one….. I knew it was gonna happen at that spot so I was prepared to not let get as out of control where it goes between lanes

OP
OP

Pcasp3

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator overland
Occupation
Low voltage VP
For what it's worth, my 21 Sport S started a death wobble around 10K miles. Every time I would drive it, the wobble would start up with the least bump in the road.

Took it to the dealer and they discovered that the stabilizer was installed wrong. Don't know if it was done at the factory or done as an update while it was at the dealer where I purchased it.

They installed a new stabilizer by the book and it has been trouble free for 20k miles. It may be a common problem that is being overlooked.
They have replaced it already, and I checked it’s installed correctly

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Maybe is the rubber bushings in the control arms? Just curious if you crawled under the truck yourself and checked everything personally.
A dry steering test will expose bad arm ends.

@Pcasp3, have you done a dry steering test? It’s easy with a helper and it’s a good starting point in this situation. Someone turn the steering wheel back and forth rapidly creating abrupt steering changes while someone else observes underneath for slop. Do it with the tires on the ground. You can do it with the motor running and not running, it helps to see both. You will be able to see if there are problems caused by steering or suspension links.

Deleted member 28696

Looking for input on my gladiator. Been at dealer 5 times now they have replaced track bar, steering box, drag link, Pittman arm. Re torqued everything and re aligned multiple times. And a new fox steering stabilizer.

mopar lift

they added an aftermarket control arm drop bracket to attempt to remedy the problem but it caused weird drivability issues like bump steer and a awkward double rebound bounce over smaller bumps like expansion joints.

I explicitly explained to the dealer to remove the aftermarket part since it didn’t belong on the jeep engineered kit, and they tried to just put it on again and told me to deal with it. I refused the part because “legally” if it causes a crash and I kill someone because if it they will tel me to kick rocks because it was aftermarket. Also, why did it work perfectly for 13k miles and magically now it does not. Something’s just not right and they can’t figure it out.
That’s one reason I didn’t get the Mopar lift. The shop I ended up using was having to remove at least a Mopar lift per week due to death wobble since Jeep could not fix it. I had the Mopar lift scheduled up to that point & I’m glad I listened & went another direction. So far no issues but I still have low mileage on my 2021 JTR. Per their recommendation I had them install a JKS J-Venture lift with fox 2.0 performance shocks. I’d get the heavy duty springs to hold additional weight in the rear. Or put in the RAM 1500 springs with an Sumo springs 1800lb bump stop which was what I did. I have an RSI cap which added weight.
Sponsored