Coverking Jeep Topliner - SPC683 Sale Price Deal

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Well it got delivered today and I'll check to see if it is for the JT. I would be royally pissed if it's for a JKU as the paperwork said for brianinca. Hopefully like he said it's just the wrong paperwork. Been a long wait and we'll see how it looks when I install it this weekend.
Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Installed mine 2 weeks ago. It also came with instructions for the JKU. Mine liner was cut wrong, which left an inch without material on passenger rear quarter panel. Also, had to cut the rear piece below the rear window completely off so it will fits correctly. Be prepare to do some cussing lol.

Recommended tips:
1. Cut a 1 inch stripe of tape off of the 2 big rear ceiling pieces to use as touch up as you will need it.
2. On the 2 front freedom panels, install the tape similar to the JKU to prevent the edges from peeling (door side)
3. Remove additional materials to all freedom panels standoff contacts pads, otherwise the panel will sit 1/8" higher (compressed), which may causes leaks and more stress to the locking handles.

I did it by temporary installed the panels, then outlined along the contact pads with a sharpie and then cut to fit. Once done, it will perform just like stock. I also reamed out the holes for the bolts+2 rubber standoff instead for the same reason. I don't have any leak and wanted to keeps it that way.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Also, i wouldn't pay more than $200 for it if i have to buy it again. Great idea but bad execution. However, it does helps with wind noises and i can hear my tires noises now lol.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
Installed mine 2 weeks ago. It also came with instructions for the JKU. Mine liner was cut wrong, which left an inch without material on passenger rear quarter panel. Also, had to cut the rear piece below the rear window completely off so it will fits correctly. Be prepare to do some cussing lol.

Recommended tips:
1. Cut a 1 inch stripe of tape off of the 2 big rear ceiling pieces to use as touch up as you will need it.
2. On the 2 front freedom panels, install the tape similar to the JKU to prevent the edges from peeling (door side)
3. Remove additional materials to all freedom panels standoff contacts pads, otherwise the panel will sit 1/8" higher (compressed), which may causes leaks and more stress to the locking handles.

I did it by temporary installed the panels, then outlined along the contact pads with a sharpie and then cut to fit. Once done, it will perform just like stock. I also reamed out the holes for the bolts+2 rubber standoff instead for the same reason. I don't have any leak and wanted to keeps it that way.
Thanks for the tips. Mine came in today. Same as everyone else. JKU instructions. I haven't laid it out to see what pieces I actually have. Plan to install this weekend.

Sponsored

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR

Recommended tips:

Oh man, that sucks. Mine just came today with the JKU instructions. The box was beat to hell too. Maybe I’ll send it back, if I can.

anybody else get theirs recently and try it?

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Recommended tips:

My general take: The bang for the buck vs doing HotHead liners is probably not there... this thing is a LOT of work.

I have just done the first front freedom panel and am about to start the second. I did put some kilmat down first (50mil), so it's POSSIBLE that threw things off in the smallest, but my biggest complaints are that the instructions are crap, figuring out which piece of tape goes where is tricky - especially with the numerous 2' rectangle shapes, and in the end, the sides really don't stick well. It takes a long time to figure out which tape piece is which. I kept watching the video over and over.

Make sure you put the tape where you think edge of the liner will be. Mine doesn't look very good on the door side.

I haven't yet had to trim to make it fit, but it won't surprise me if I do.

My general take: The bang for the buck vs doing HotHead liners is probably not there. I don't think I'll do more than just the freedom panels this weekend:/

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well what a frustrating weekend putting this thing on! Directions for a JKU, so my wife and I had to watch the youtube video numerous times to figure out where all the double sided tape went.

1- Crummy directions and even the video left out a few steps. I love how everything just goes together so well in the video but not to good in real life.

2- They did not send enough of the tape pieces and we had to improvise. Quality control is definitely not their best suit. I would recommend getting some gorilla double sided tape for the edges of the hard top so that you have a more finished look.

3- As was stated earlier, you will need to trim some of the headliner in order to make it fit properly.

4- Now waiting to see how it does in the south Texas heat. It does give the top a nice finished look but we will see how things work out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
Well what a frustrating weekend putting this thing on! Directions for a JKU, so my wife and I had to watch the youtube video numerous times to figure out where all the double sided tape went.

1- Crummy directions and even the video left out a few steps. I love how everything just goes together so well in the video but to good in real life.

2- They did not send enough of the tape pieces and we had to improvise. Quality control is definitely not their best suit. I would recommend getting some gorilla double sided tape for the edges of the hard top so that you have a more finished look.

3- As was stated earlier, you will need to trim some of the headliner in order to make it fit properly.

4- Now waiting to see how it does in the south Texas heat. It does give the top a nice finished look but we will see how things work out.
Thanks for the tips. Do you have any pics of how it came out, and the places you needed to trim? I was really looking forward to having this headliner, but now it sounds like a real pita and I’m wondering if I should send it back.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tips. Do you have any pics of how it came out, and the places you needed to trim? I was really looking forward to having this headliner, but now it sounds like a real pita and I’m wondering if I should send it back.
Even though it was a pain to put on, over all I am very pleased. I would just make sure you have a roll of gorilla two sided tape handy to help out where needed. Here are some pics. You will see the one corner where the fit could've been better but it's not the noticeable when sitting in the vehicle.

Jeep Gladiator Coverking Jeep Topliner - SPC683 Sale Price Deal Jeep roof 3
Jeep Gladiator Coverking Jeep Topliner - SPC683 Sale Price Deal Jeep roof 2
Jeep Gladiator Coverking Jeep Topliner - SPC683 Sale Price Deal Jeep roof 1
Jeep Gladiator Coverking Jeep Topliner - SPC683 Sale Price Deal Jeep roof 3
Jeep Gladiator Coverking Jeep Topliner - SPC683 Sale Price Deal Jeep roof 2
Jeep Gladiator Coverking Jeep Topliner - SPC683 Sale Price Deal Jeep roof 1

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My general take: The bang for the buck vs doing HotHead liners is probably not there... this thing is a LOT of work.

I have just done the first front freedom panel and am about to start the second. I did put some kilmat down first (50mil), so it's POSSIBLE that threw things off in the smallest, but my biggest complaints are that the instructions are crap, figuring out which piece of tape goes where is tricky - especially with the numerous 2' rectangle shapes, and in the end, the sides really don't stick well. It takes a long time to figure out which tape piece is which. I kept watching the video over and over.

Make sure you put the tape where you think edge of the liner will be. Mine doesn't look very good on the door side.

I haven't yet had to trim to make it fit, but it won't surprise me if I do.

My general take: The bang for the buck vs doing HotHead liners is probably not there. I don't think I'll do more than just the freedom panels this weekend:/
When you do get to the back - make sure it doesn't slip to one side as you are putting it on. This happened to us and we couldn't fix it, so I'm left with a small area behind the passenger door that's not covered.

But overall the hardest part was figuring out where the tape went. Once we got that under control the back went on ok. Easier if you have two people doing it, I wouldn't attempt it by myself.

As I stated in my post, get a package of gorilla two sided tape. It really helped in the end. Good Luck.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you do get to the back - make sure it doesn't slip to one side as you are putting it on. This happened to us and we couldn't fix it, so I'm left with a small area behind the passenger door that's not covered.

But overall the hardest part was figuring out where the tape went. Once we got that under control the back went on ok. Easier if you have two people doing it, I wouldn't attempt it by myself.

As I stated in my post, get a package of gorilla two sided tape. It really helped in the end. Good Luck.
Thanks, jcarbs. Which Gorilla tape did you get? I think there's a 30lb and a 60lb. Any concerns about heat melting it? I guess it's really supplemental to the other tape.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We got the 60lb tape didn't know there was a 30lb version. The package said it was good both indoors and outside so I'm hoping to be ok. I've used it before on my JKU with another headliner and I didn't have any problems in the Houston heat.
Sponsored